Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (47289 Views)

Police In Lagos Prevent Frustrated Man From Jumping Into The Lagoon (Photos) / Suicidal Man Tried Jumping Off A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos (Pictures) / Suicidal Man Prevented From Plunging Into The Lagoon In Leki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Goddyss(m): 11:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
His case was better. Sometimes one has no choice but nurse his pains and depression. Suicide is no option.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by WIZDOM081(m): 11:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
The guy said"what's in this life again grin grin grin grin

Nigeria is not making sense again ooo

They just exposed the guy to all people that he owned money, having it in mind that he's going to die without paying anything.

Bro, we die here together

No one is going to escape
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by 8stargeneral: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Buhari Don frustrate Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by meromero11: 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
According to the law " Suicide is not an offence but attempted suicide is a grave offence when caught".This chap is on his way to jail.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by stieyven(m): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
OZAOEKPE:
grin never go now till we use your thumb send that useless man back to his village... Police should reprimand till 2019
I know it's beyond human nature but love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by okenwaa(m): 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Die gini??

We are in this together,.,.u can come and go and Kee urself after 2023.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by CuddleBear(f): 11:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Probz(m): 12:06am On Jun 26, 2018
psychologist:
In Great Britain during the 19th century, suicide was considered a serious crime. As serious as murder and attempted murder. Those who survived a failed suicide attempt would face criminal charges. It has even been documented that some were even hanged for their crime of attempted suicide during the late 19th century

And interracial marriage was also a crime. Go figure.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by TIDDOLL(m): 12:16am On Jun 26, 2018
delpee:
sad
So many people are terribly traumatised. We need to give depression and mental issues (not necessarily insanity as we tend to believe) more attention in our society. Some people require just little support emotionally, financially or morally to make them thrive. Let's focus more by showing love to those around us whichever way is possible.

[/b]Exactly maam,
Suicide only requires a trigger, an end point at which the "Victim" is void, sees no gain nor loss,
To get to this point, the Victim would have been through what i call the "Whirlwind of emotional distress"

There are little things someone or anyone could have have done to put an end to the progression of this Whirlwind.

But humanity is no more a watchword amongst humans.[b]
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by uba1991: 12:18am On Jun 26, 2018
Donald95:
Since Buhari came into power, Frustration everywhere, People are Angry, Hungry. Things keep getting hard.

What is the essence of your existence as a president when Nigerians can't feed, Everyday you come to Television and spit all over microphone about your achievements, Deceiving short memory span Sophisticated morons while in actual sense, people are dying and killing themselves because of hunger.

My happiness is that one day, everything big and small will stand B4 Almighty to give account
dos of u dat were use to corrupt money must be frustrated by now since there is no more dasuki
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by mechanics(m): 12:30am On Jun 26, 2018
eyah, he's really frustrated.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by smesi: 1:05am On Jun 26, 2018
What's inside this lagoon calling people to come and die? Someone should tell Ambode to come and remove that invitees and send them to Niger bridge 'cos river Niger bridge too need recognition grin
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by guttentag(m): 1:12am On Jun 26, 2018
delpee:
sad
So many people are terribly traumatised. We need to give depression and mental issues (not necessarily insanity as we tend to believe) more attention in our society. Some people require just little support emotionally, financially or morally to make them thrive. Let's focus more by showing love to those around us whichever way is possible.

Even men wen study social work and sociology to help depressed people are also depressed due to the situation for the country
The World should just end because no were safe again

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by ogunsj: 1:16am On Jun 26, 2018
some people just sit down and spew nonsense. you people should check the statistic of suicide Cases all over the world, poverty is just a fraction of it. most well to do people commit suicide more than the poor ones. depression is a major cause of suicide. a colleague of my who earns more than 300k a month took his own life as a result of depression caused by family pressure. poor people live on hope

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by UNRULY(m): 2:18am On Jun 26, 2018
Samady caant fit die in peace again inna this country fah!

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 26, 2018
Why arrest someone who wants to die? As if he won’t even see more things to provoke suicide in jail we honestly need more mental health experts on the force...he’s not a criminal he is just frustrated ...we just don’t know how to treat people dem just dey drag am after saving him nawa O
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by edupedia: 3:31am On Jun 26, 2018
Donald95:
Since Buhari came into power, Frustration everywhere, People are Angry, Hungry. Things keep getting hard.

What is the essence of your existence as a president when Nigerians can't feed, Everyday you come to Television and spit all over microphone about your achievements, Deceiving short memory span Sophisticated morons while in actual sense, people are dying and killing themselves because of hunger.

My happiness is that one day, everything big and small will stand B4 Almighty to give account

....your political tirade is a Nollywood comedy script. Try and try again... No looter is coming back to steal our money... Period.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by nwoke39: 3:47am On Jun 26, 2018
This lagos lagoon will make a good movie one day
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Billygee2u: 3:50am On Jun 26, 2018
delpee:
sad
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Billygee2u: 3:51am On Jun 26, 2018
Donald95:

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by skales67(m): 4:05am On Jun 26, 2018
mimimile93:
Any body blaming PMB for this needs a bed space at yabaleft. Any body complaining about this present administration is a very lazy person. While u complain about hardship in this govt also noted dat this same govt people are buyin cars and houses everyday.

Think out of the box.
Great people see opportunities in every difficulty lazy people see difficulties in every opportunity.

Ask not what ur country should do for u. Ask what u can do for ur country.

What have you done for your country?

Where are your own houses and cars?

Mtchewwwww!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by skales67(m): 4:10am On Jun 26, 2018
edupedia:

....your political tirade is a Nollywood comedy script. Try and try again... No looter is coming back to steal our money... Period.

Please what do you call a scenario where millions of dollars was discovered stashed in a house in Lekki linked to Amaechi?

What do you call the scenerio where the son of your president purchased state-of-the-art powerbikes worth $350,000 which of course no one would have know about had it been he didn't use one of them in smashing his skull on a culvert?

I guess that does not mean looting but "possessing your possession".

Continue deceiving yourself!

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by AnanseK(m): 5:58am On Jun 26, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
They should hold him well
How can you vote sai barber and want to escape
It's not possible
Nigeria is the country with the highest number of poor people from the statistics released last weekend... We took over from India... That's a sai barber legacy...
But the dude no go anywhere ...we no gree
We will suffer and die together

It is the cumulative 16 years of irresponsible Leadership of the PDP and you know it.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Zinny25(f): 6:20am On Jun 26, 2018
Bro u r going nowhere, we are in this (country) together.

FG abeg fence that Lagoon, peeps are beginning to mistake it for a swimming pool
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Rincewind(m): 6:32am On Jun 26, 2018
“What do you mean she’s depressed?” Madam Comfort asked with an incredulous expression.
“Madam, your daughter attempted to kill herself because she is sad and the sadness is affecting her emotionally.” The doctor elucidated.
Madam Comfort clapped her hands together in disbelief
“So,you are saying my daughter is mad,eh?” She shouted.
“No ma, please don’t get me wrong. What I mean is that, psychologically your…”
“Thank you doctor for your big grammar…” Madam Comfort said cutting off the doctor.
“But ma…”
Madam Comfort beat her chest with her perfectly manicured hand for effect.
“I know it is the American film Irene is watching that is too much, all these jargons you are saying is for oyinbo children
and my daughter is just trying to be naughty but don’t worry I know what to do, I will teach her a lesson she will never forget.”
“Ma, that’s not the…”
“Oh! Shut up,” Madam Comfort snapped and the doctor flinched.
“What do you know eh? You want to teach me how to train my child.” Madam Comfort hissed before taking a dramatic gait out of the doctor’s office.

Irene knew she was in the soup the minute she spotted the beautiful doctor with an angelic smile and the scowl on her mother’s face. Without sparing Irene a glance, madam Comfort stormed to the car where Irene was waiting.
“God, please help me.” Irene muttered as her mother got into the car.
Neither mother nor daughter spoke throughout the thirty minutes drive to the house. The tension in the air was thick, almost choking Irene.
Irene was too scared to speak. Madam Comfort was simply too furious to acknowledge her naughty seventeen year old, cheap attention seeker of a daughter.
No sooner had Madam Comfort parked the car than Irene jumped out and began her purposeful stride to the house.
“Young lady” Madam Comfort cold voice rang out, halting Irene in her steps
“Ye…Yes…mummy,” Irene stammered.
“Do you think you can make me lose all the money I was supposed to make in the shop yesterday and today and go scot free, you have made a very stupid decision and you will bear the consequences. Shebi, the doctor said you’re mad, don’t worry I will wring that madness out of you today,”

To read the rest of this heart-rendering and touching story, pls visit

https://zegist.com/t/thisisnigeria-frozen-heart/7068?u=bof

Make sure to like and leave a comment if possible. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by worldman(m): 6:36am On Jun 26, 2018
If you send him to daurawho do you want to elect
OZAOEKPE:
grin never go now till we use your thumb send that useless man back to his village... Police should reprimand till 2019
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by BetaThings: 6:52am On Jun 26, 2018
Donald95:

You too will give account for the bolded
You had better be certain
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by BAVOSKI(m): 6:52am On Jun 26, 2018
Most of those people don spent their last money in order to travelout and we're denied visa.....so ki lo tun ku
Quote me

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Born2Breed(f): 6:57am On Jun 26, 2018
dainformant:
A Video is currently trending online showing the moment a young man was rescued and arrested after allegedly jumping inside a lagoon in Lagos in a bid to kill himself. Rescuers at the Lagoon were swift to rescue the troubled young man after jumping into the water.

When he was being rescued and arrested, the young man (in black shirt) was shouting, 'let me just die, you people should leave me alone, what is in this life'.

He was later taken into custody by the authorities in order to determine what led to his suicide attempt and also prevent him from killing himself.

An eyewitness, Chiekezi Dozie shared the footage on Facebook as he wrote; There are too many people trying to commit suicide in Lagos. When did suicide become “a thing”??

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/man-jumps-in-a-lagoon-in-lagos-rescued-and-arrested.html

Watch Video Below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu01Z3b8ODU

These are one of the lazy Nigerian youths, who shouted sai baba few years ago.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by trumpcoat(m): 7:06am On Jun 26, 2018
May God help us in this era of buhari,people are really suffering
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Centcanada: 7:54am On Jun 26, 2018
The change that all of us decided to change just for a better life has now turn to be a chain. Get your PVC and vote them out if not, more suicides are on the way. Better governance advocate(BGA).
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2018
Some people can't do anything right...common to commit suicide he still eff up...what's in this life ko... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money / Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death Over Alleged Infidelity / Nigerian Man Kills US Woman Over Money Dispute (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.