Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (47288 Views)

Police In Lagos Prevent Frustrated Man From Jumping Into The Lagoon (Photos) / Suicidal Man Tried Jumping Off A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos (Pictures) / Suicidal Man Prevented From Plunging Into The Lagoon In Leki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by millionboi2: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2018
ogunsj:
some people just sit down and spew nonsense. you people should check the statistic of suicide Cases all over the world, poverty is just a fraction of it. most well to do people commit suicide more than the poor ones. depression is a major cause of suicide. a colleague of my who earns more than 300k a month took his own life as a result of depression caused by family pressure. poor people live on hope
How,why?
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by mansamusa08(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2018
doctokwus:
Nigeria is about overtaking Japan as the country with the most suicidal people,all thanks to that incompetent,clannish bigot.

You are wrong. Suicide rate in Japan is 22 persons/ 100,000 per year.
Nigeria has one of the lowest suicide rate in the world. Our major problem is the fact that we don't report suicide Responsibly. Research has shown that for every one suicide, there are about 200 people who are contemplating to end their lives. It has be proven that increase suicide usually follows a case of suicide that has been publicized in details.
One key prevention strategy is to avoid reporting suicide in details, so that other people do not copy the method to commit the same.
We should also know that there are so many causes of suicide apart from economic hardship.
Suicide is due to illness no weakness!!!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by pitsonbay: 9:31am On Jun 26, 2018
As a matter of fact the Lagos state government shld do something abt this.. Am onboard a vessel @ a JETTY in Marina Lagos, I see countless of dead bodies floating on the water on daily basis believed to have committed suicide, mostly young men....May God help us in this Country
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Wapnetrealmcom: 9:31am On Jun 26, 2018
Update: 14-year old boy set ablaze by his mother in Imo state has died

http://wapnetrealm.com/update-14-year-old-boy-set-ablaze-by-his-mother-in-imo-state-has-died/
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by NaijaWorker: 9:32am On Jun 26, 2018
there are better ways to die yourself.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by Rincewind(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
mansamusa08:

You are wrong. Suicide rate in Japan is 22 persons/ 100,000 per year.
Nigeria has one of the lowest suicide rate in the world. Our major problem is the fact that we don't report suicide Responsibly. Research has shown that for every one suicide, there are about 200 people who are contemplating to end their lives. It has be proven that increase suicide usually follows a case of suicide that has been publicized in details.
One key prevention strategy is to avoid reporting suicide in details, so that other people do not copy the method to commit the same.
We should also know that there are so many causes of suicide apart from economic hardship.
Suicide is due to illness no weakness!!!

Wow... I'm really surprised anyone would claim Nigeria has one of the lowest suicide rates. You can't make that claim with the dearth of data we have here.

Even the statistics given by WHO which tells us that Nigeria is the 30th most suicide prone of 138 countries, and 10th in Africa is suspect as I'm sure a lot of cases go unrecorded.

I agree Japan might have a higher suicide rate as they have this depression culture going for their teens.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by robert334: 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
The guy should be jail life imprisonment for such stupid action. F**ck your village people.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video by purplebeing(m): 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
HerCuteness:

The world is neither fair nor unfair. Everybody is in pursuit of their happiness. It is your business to learn and pursue what is yours. But the moment you are in pursuit of your happiness, you are in natural conflict with the rest of the world. Right now, suppose I am pursuing my happiness in one direction, you are pursuing your happiness in the opposite direction, and both of us meet. What will happen? Initially, out of your education, culture and whatever else, you will say, "Please move out of my way." But I refuse to move. Then you want to gently push me to one side and go. Still, I refuse to go. Then you want to shove me and go, but I again refuse to go. The next thing is you want to shoot me. One way or the other, you want to get rid of anything that stands in the way of your happiness. You may not have the courage to shoot somebody, but you would like that person to at least somehow disappear from the planet by himself.
You are pursuing your happiness one way, and another giant of a man is pursuing his happiness the other way. If you happen to meet him and were trampled, you think the world is unfair. Suppose instead you met an ant and trampled over it, you think that is fair. Isn't that the reality of your life?Unfortunately, we are still not evolved enough to come out of the simple jungle law “survival of the fittest.” We have been implementing the same instinct from the caveman’s time to the civilized world, in different patterns, but still it is the same thing. It is still the same law. We are still not at a level of evolution where we could handle the weak gently and nurture them.
We are still functioning out of instinct and compulsions. We have to move from our instinct to our intelligence. Only then this will change. You can do this only when you are joyful by your own nature — you are not in pursuit of your happiness, your life is an expression of your happiness. Then you have no need to trample anybody. Look back at your life and see. The most beautiful moments in your life were those moments when you were expressing your happiness, not when you were pursuing your happiness. When you are in pursuit of your happiness, you are not concerned about what happens around you. You just have to get there, you are desperate to get there. When you get desperate beyond a certain point, we call you a criminal. Society allows a certain amount of crime on a daily basis, which every human being is committing one way or the other. Beyond that, they cannot tolerate it.
Life is unfair because human beings are still in pursuit of happiness. They have not become joyful, blissful beings who are expressing their joy in the world. If your whole life becomes an expression of your joy, not pursuit, then you would walk very gently upon this planet
girl... Did you just write all these?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pipeline Explosion Rocks Abule-Egba In Lagos / Yahoo Boy’s Mother Jailed Five Years For Receiving N91M Internet Fraud Money / Nigerian Man Kills US Woman Over Money Dispute (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.