Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

The REAL REASON Why God (YHWH) Is Angry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The REAL REASON Why God (YHWH) Is Angry (299 Views)

Punishment for not following YHWH in the Old Testament / DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The REAL REASON Why God (YHWH) Is Angry by backtokemet: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
How many believers have attempted to understand why YHWH is so angry ? As in get to the root of it ? Luckily I, a non religious person, invested time into figuring this out.

Why is YHWH/Yehowah the way He is ?

It is possible that being single for aeons made The Lord bitter, and jealousy He felt when He saw how affected Isis was by the death of Her husband Osiris.. how this sorrowful Goddess committed herself to putting Her bae's body back together. "I wish I was Osiris", The Lord thought. This episode made Him realize He was tired of the bachelor life. The Lord projected His desire to be booed up on a nation. Israel was to become His significant other. This explains His notorious anger when those of His nation would turn away from Him.

"In every earlier and contemporaneous religion, the principal male deities ruled with principal female consorts. If coupling was the normal state of affairs between gods and goddesses, who then, we may ask, was Yahweh’s consort? As historian Tikva Frymer-Kensky points out, she was the nation of Israel itself. Beginning with Moses and continuing with the Prophets, conjugal metaphors are used over and over again to describe the relationship between Yahweh and His chosen nation. Both Jeremiah and Deutero-Isaiah identify Zion as the mystical spirit of the Israelite nation; she is personified by the beautiful city of Jerusalem. Many times they use “Israel,” “Zion,” and “Jerusalem,” interchangeably with “bride,” “wife,” “spouse,” “harlot,” “beloved,” “adulterer,” “mother,” and “daughter.” Jeremiah calls Israel by turns “lovely and delicate,” “my people-girl,” and the “wanton wife.” The prophet Amos, lamenting the destruction of the Northern Kingdom, refers to it as “Israel-maid.”
Expressing Yahweh’s wrath at Israel’s “adulterous” liaisons with foreign gods, Hosea writes,

Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts. Lest I strip her naked, and set her as in the day that she was born,… For she has played the harlot. (Hosea 2:4-7)

Prophets attribute the catastrophes visited upon Israel as retribution for Israel’s metaphorical “whoredom” with other gods."

source: The Alphabet versus the Goddess: the conflict between word and image by Leonard Shlain, p. 116-117

Why won't Adonai give a Goddess a chance ? Maybe He was hurt in a distant past, maybe it's just commitment phobia.

What's looove ? (Ashanti's voice)

The Lord had given up on love, or so He thought. One day He attended an event hosted by Baal-Hadad. A Goddess caught His eye and He walked up to Her.
- What's your name, ma ?
- Asherah, handsome.. Have I seen you before ?
- I'm sure you have. I'm Yehowah.. Yah to my friends
- Oooh.. I like your cockiness

The Lord and Asherah hit it off. Six years later they were tying the knot. The Lord had grown into a different being: He was laid back, laughed a lot, didn't take offense to His people worship of other deities. He was on cloud nine. Born again.
Then the unimaginable happened. Josiah, king of Judah, banned the worship of all deities in favor of Yahweh. Josiah was projecting his desire to feel almighty, to call the shots alone on The Lord. He equated this mindset with God's Will.
Yah woke up one day and noticed Asherah wasn't by His side. She hadn't left a note and after ten days, He realized She had vanished for good. He wept for days and then His anger had returned, stronger than ever.
Even though He has billions of people worshipping Him nowadays, Yah is indifferent to it:
"I lost Asherah because of that f-cking zealot. These humans claim they love me, that they want to please me but none of them bothered to fix Josiah fuckup" "As if their worship is gonna soothe my loneliness.. They're incredibly delusional"

I truly believe He used me to deliver this message to His children. Now believers (at least Christians of nairaland) know what will be needed to make Him happy again. Just think of what could happen if The Lord was pleased. We know happy beings tend to be givers. I can see Him making manna fall from the sky to feed the hungry people of this world. Or we can keep waiting for politicians to have a change of heart..

Again: All that worship means nothing to Him. The Lord isn't some egotistical being, He just needs a spouse.. preferably Asherah

PS: many pastors are aware of this. But is there $$$ to be made in bringing harmony to this world ?
Re: The REAL REASON Why God (YHWH) Is Angry by backtokemet: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2018
Ronald Grump: Make this world balanced again ?
Barry Osama: Yes we can !

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Donates #1million For Mosque And Islamic Centre Building / If Fallen Men Built Cities........ / Prophetess Nabbed For Using Police Uniform To Dupe People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.