Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer (9232 Views)

5 Things You Didn't Know About Writing @21st Century / Dating A Malo Girl: Do's And Don'ts / Have you been scammed as a writer? Share your story! (2) (3) (4)

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by qanda: 8:25am On Jun 26, 2018
Interesting.

To become a Successful Blogger in 279 Days. I recommend you read 79paged ebook, 279 days to overnight Success, you can download it for FREE from the Business/Career section of Q and A App. Q and A App is available for Download on Playstore. A summary of the practical strategy discussed in the book for “taking over the world” within 9 months include:
-Create a Compelling Story and Be Remarkable
-Clearly Answer the “Reason Why”
-Prioritize Writing and Marketing Over Everything Else
-Be Bigger than I Really Am
-Build Long-Lasting Relationships
-Carefully Introduce Products and Services

The Book Table of Content
PART I: How to Become a ProBlogger in 10 Months
-Introduction
-What Does Success Look Like?
-Show Me the Money
-World Domination Strategy
-Big Mistakes
PART II : Fire Google and Hire Yourself
-Why Adsense Sucks
-How to Get Paid for Meeting the Needs of Your Followers
-Listening
-Examples
-Scaling Up
PART III : Short Notes on Vampires, Rule-Breaking, Email Lists, etc.
-The Vampire Chronicles
-Hard Work and Working for Free
-Logistics
-Wrap-Up: Go and Be Awesome

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by ladygudhead(f): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2018
I admire writers. Its a very, if not the most, beautiful gift. smiley

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 26, 2018
They're majorly introverts.

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by AreaFada2: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2018
Whatever anybody's profession is, one should know that his/her relationship/marriage has to be adequately nurtured.

Any occupation that seriously makes you neglect could also make you neglect your kids, should you have some.

A full-time writer would have most of the day to do his/her writing. Having no time for loved ones becomes unhealthy.

Yes, writing is time consuming and days can go by without any inspiration. One can be inspired to write at odd hours.

But everything should be in moderation.

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by vivypretty(f): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2018
get ready to hear the writer talk to them self and
write on any closest material
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2018
They are radically blunt and mostly introvert. I can relate

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2018
ladygudhead:
I admire writers. Its a very, if not the most, beautiful gift. smiley

ladygoodhead
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Brightgem(f): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2018
How about with a Writer you get someone who loves you above the shallow things they see a deeper side to you others will not.

They have more empathy, hence more caring.

They are deep thinkers.

Yes you could inspire in them a story to write.

They are mostly introverts and love alone time, so if they are letting you into their world you should just know u special...

This post seemed negative, I write and love other writers too.

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by DonatusAdorns(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2018
I'm proud to be one...!
Check my signature...
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Eze2000(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2018
davidica:
Whether a best-selling author, a blog writer or even just a newspaper journalist, dating a writer can be frustrating.
From their messy moods to weird sense of style, writers can be a handful.
Here are the top 5 things to expect after saying yes to a writer:
1. Get ready for the arguments;
There is nothing a writer enjoys more than picking your brains out. Finding a way to disagree is a hobby for them. But don't always misunderstand this -- it is not really you but them. As chronic consumers of information, the writer is only trying to be absolutely sure there is nothing else left in you they could feed on.
2. Get ready to sleep alone;
That same time you wrap yourself in the warmth of the sheets to pass into the obliviousness of sleep is the same time a writer's inner demons awaken.
From werewolves, zombies to vampires, writers harbor them all. And once a writer's beast awakens, he/she must feed it!
3. Get ready for the pessimism;
Even when all roads appear to lead to an easy success, the ever judicious writer is able to pin down that one very tiny loophole that ordinary eyes are not able to see!
4. Get used to the constants 'nos':
Nobody says no as easily as a writer. They are not afraid of you or society, so saying yes just to please you is never an option.
5. Get ready to inspire a story;
Of course you can't tell a writer what to do. You can't tell them not to put you in their next story or essay. But don't worry as this is more of an honor than anything else.
In a world filled with normal people, being chosen as a source of inspiration by a writer is a thing of pride.
Beside all of these, nonetheless, writers could be one of the best set of people to date.
They are honest, faithful, and are rarely dumb!
And they are loaded with lots of exciting things to keep you eccentrically entertained every moment of your life.

Source;
http://nigerianshood..com/2018/06/5-major-things-to-know-before-dating.html

Lol!
Na wa for you no be small. U wan pursue all the ladies from side when still de find one to marry abi? If i carze for your head now them go say Eze2000 don start.

Any no wahala sha. I go wait till u try this nonsense again before i find better women.

Single and searching, that's me! May God help me in the matter...Amen!

Back to writer business.
Look out for my novels series folks. It's coming in days... will release them all in one weeks or two.

THE LAST AMAZON WARRIOR WOMEN
The marchants of war...part 1
The Daughters of Blood and death.... part 2
The spy .......part 3

My blog..
https://www.kingezesblog.com/

Read one of my stories on Nairaland...
https://www.nairaland.com/2941054/ruthless-betrayals-story-love-betrayals

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by ladygudhead(f): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2018
locust:

ladygoodhead
but i'm a good book critic.
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by moriton(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
Jackossky:
That's what happens when you take writing as your life.
When you are not writing, be your normal self and when you hold a pen, let the world know there is an influx of ideas in you and a 'crazy' writer at that.

I will ask you not to date a writer.
They can express themselves in words,
Knows the 'magic' that are intertwined in a sentence, he can manipulate it, making you get swayed at the expense of reality.
A writer writes, thinks more and you don't know when he is real or when he is portraying a character in one of his books.
Anyway,
I'm proud to be one.

Am guilty of all the points you raised here... Especially manipulation and construed reality. It's like I wrote this comment in my head and you took it out. What kinda writing are you into... I dig espionage
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
sad

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by davidica(m): 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Lol, as a writer of sorts, I agree. The way I take dey say no eh, e dey vex people.
� �
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by zicoraads: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2018
Everybody is suddenly claiming to be a writer. grin cheesy

This is not about writing invectives or creating threads on NL, or even owning a blog that barely sees 20 comments though. grin
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by davidica(m): 6:21am On Jun 27, 2018
zicoraads:
Everybody is suddenly claiming to be a writer. grin cheesy

This is not about writing invectives or creating threads on NL, or even owning a blog that barely sees 20 comments though. grin
Like seriously dude?? Maybe you actually think this is funny but owning a blog and writing are entirely two different things
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Muslimahmeenah(f): 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
Nice post
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by rachealfst(f): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2018
Nice post, I can relate. And I'm proud to be a writer, playing God.
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by solace89(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
Galacious1:
Nice write up
Re: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer by Galacious1: 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
solace89:

Boss, please I sent you an email, sorry to bother you, just need help regarding amazon kdp. I would appreciate if you can assist with dos and don’t in getting started. I’m really interested.

**obinna**(a True Life Story) / Boarding Girls: Jessica's Story / Joy To The World