Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers (4722 Views)

Experts: Buhari Must Not Hijack Eagles Like Jonathan / Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Princek12(m): 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2010
If you visit the Adidas website, you will notice that under the "Federations Tab," you will see Spain, Argentina, Germany, France, South Africa, and Russia, but you will not see Nigeria, despite Nigeria being one of the Federation Adidas sponsors.
If you visit the Puma website, they proudly showcase all of the teams it sponsors, and the African teams are giving significant publicity, including videos, pictures, and short stories about them. I was trying to buy Super Eagles accessories, but I could barely find any, like Adidas did not design any accessories nor market the Super Eagles. I think the Super Eagles should sign with Puma and dump Adidas.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by MeGaStReEt: 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2010
word
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by dtwsola(m): 12:26am On Jun 07, 2010
I think Puma would be much better for Nigeria. I have a subscription to a soccer merchandise magazine in the U.S, and Puma is doing a hell of a good job promoting Africa and African teams (Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana) and even have the 'Represent Africa' campaign going on. Not to mention, they have far better design sense than Adidas. No single Nigerian merchandise in this magazine. Adidas seems to not give a s.hit.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 07, 2010
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Mpele(m): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2010
Even the jersey the Nigerian team will be wearing at the world cup is not the new one, that others like Germany, Spain, RSA etc will be wearing
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2010
NFF officials who negotiated the deal should be blamed.Apparently they settled for crumbs all for the sake of being kitted by Addidas.
I believe Brazil's Nike deal is the most expensive.What we're getting monetarily from adidas is an insult.To cap it all up,they give us this rag of a jersey.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Princek12(m): 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
dtw_sola:

I think Puma would be much better for Nigeria. I have a subscription to a soccer merchandise magazine in the U.S, and Puma is doing a hell of a good job promoting Africa and African teams (Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana) and  even have the 'Represent Africa' campaign going on. Not to mention, they have far better design sense than Adidas. No single Nigerian merchandise in this magazine. Adidas seems to not give a s.hit. 

I was thinking about the same thing, that Puma is doing an excellent job in promoting the African teams. Nigeria is not even listed on the Adidas website as a client. What the heck And Nigeria has more soccer history and successes than any African contingent, at least at the junior level and somewhat at the senior level.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2010
but heck. That jersey just looks so bland and lacks compared to other countries jersey.

It rather looks like a training jersey.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by davidif: 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2010
What the heck?? our jerseys are soooooooo drab.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Digriz(m): 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2010
puma is good and the make nice sports wears, i cnt understand the reasons while they prefer this adidas.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by rozu4luv(m): 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2010
u guyz are saying what you think is right but the people handling it do they act as if they new it was not eye lovely.
They have signed more years with Adidas
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by safariman(m): 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
The relationship between Adidas and Nigeria dates way back when and they have taken us for granted far too long.  I remembered in Europe many years ago, some track members designed track suits for Puma which we used to compete because they thought Adidas brand was too bland
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by DonPedro3(m): 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2010
my felow nlanders,y boderin ursf wt dis NFf&ADIDAS.hav u 4goten d siemens scander.?Go&confirm,4 ADIDAS 2treat us dat way&dey ar nt sayin anythin,money has changed hands!
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2010
@posters.

I have only one question?

Who was the NFF responsibility officer appointed to look in early on Adidas on the re-design of the new kit before it was mass-produced for distribution

NFF rejected it at the last minute and you expect them to withdraw all the merchandise because you won't be wearing them.

By all means get a better contract with Nike or Puma, they are in the market for High-performance Soccer teams i hope we make the cut

But come to think of it, the jersey really matches our current soccer form of late grin
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by 12large: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2010
abeg i like our current jersey it looks good especially the one against colombia. it is funny that ghaiains and camerounians were praising nigeria jersey against colombia, they even insulted puma lack of creativity but here we are dissing adidas. by the way our jersey is on adidas website.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by CarlosVent(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2010
well why wil dey be hapy wen d jersy is not reaching semi finals
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by isik: 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2010
Nigeria aint the only team excluded from the website. Denmark, serbia, Mexico are also excluded.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by babaowo: 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2010
thats what your nff paid for.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Rhydem: 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2010
The shirt is bland, but I feel it is much better than the Puma designs, Imagine an Eagle on your shoulder for your jersey, they will be calling us Pirates.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2010
I dont know what the agreement was btw the NFF and Adidas so I can't begin to comment. but I do know that kitting a team is big business in itself. the brazilian jerseys are definitely the hottest on the market cos of the form of their players, I mean Nike makes millions and is set to make much more from jersey sales. Same goes for Spain. Being a German company, I expect that they'll actually design the best for the home country and people will buy out of patriotism. As for PUMA , they'll make sales from jerseys of Drogba and Eto'o both of whom are revered in their countries. with that in mind abeg tell me what is the motivation for Adidas designing the very best for our super eagles. Buy, una no dey buy de jersy in fact una dey swear for them and the super eagles sef dem dey play football like say dem get belle.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Newest: 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2010
Its too simply, nofin special
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by DASLEEKY: 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2010
Mpele:

Even the jersey the Nigerian team will be wearing at the world cup is not the new one, that others like Germany, Spain, RSA etc will be wearing

Bruv, U lie, Every world cup year since 98, Adidas has the same design/clothing material for all teams it's kitting @ the world cup and the african teams first gets to wear them first @ the nations cup preceding the W/C cos it's released 6 month to W/C, So shine ur eyes, Spain, France, Germany etc have the same jersey with 9ja just diff colors,
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by wazobiang: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2010
it probably has to do with how things work. maybe naija has not been consistent on some requirements set by addidas. u never know. if you dig deeper now you might find out that the root of the problem is us. afterall which company will not want to showcase the 20th football nation on fifa list.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by kobikwelu(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2010
what do u expect!!!!, when the NFF jokers and our football players coupled with a local chief as a coach has put our nations football in dire straits! angry angry angry angry angry angry

we jerseys are a product of our performance!!!

we perform well, we get a better deal and better merchandise,

@poster
i thought that the NFF olofofo's rejected the jerseys?

then how do u expect addidas to go on producing our sturfs
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by omar22(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2010
If am correct adidas start doing our jersey when we qualified for the 1994 world cup, and if am correct the deal was around $100k but i might be wrong,  Nigeria should have changed long time ago, but I see more Nigerian tops been produced somewhere in Agege,  so business wise they dont seem to make much from a country that has 150m people,  Now to leave Adidas for PUMA,  then we are looking for trouble because Adidas and Puma were brothers over 50 years ago and there rivalry split the whole family down the middle,  now Adidas is one of FIFA's Aristo (sponsors) which mean Sepp Blatter could look for a way to punish us indirectly! remember cameroun and their sleaveless top,  FIFA only punished them because it was a production of PUMA
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by honeric01(m): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
I like the jersey die especially the away kit.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by DisGuy: 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
Nigeria should change to this and that BUT if the pay you peanuts you will complain

Again addidas once complained about NFF?nigeria not doing enough to curb fake jersey plus no main retail outlet for Original Nigeria Jersey in nigeria

If you notice all other country displayed had massive PR/Marketing their world cup jersey nigeria just wore the thing jare nothing do us, no press conference no marketing nothing, why should they waste their time -its all about performance, profit and Image
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by mrjingles(m): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2010
Una jus dey yarn, norrin wrong with the shirt, if we want good design we shd produce good football, of recent we havent done much. The kit is not bad even if dem wear polythene bag na good soccer we want. And pple shd stop spreading rumos, the naija shirt is on adidas website, we may not be listed as a federation cos of the type of contract we have.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by soloqy: 12:56am On Jun 09, 2010
DASLEEKY:

Bruv, U lie, Every world cup year since 98, Adidas has the same design/clothing material for all teams it's kitting @ the world cup and the african teams first gets to wear them first @ the nations cup preceding the W/C cos it's released 6 month to W/C, So shine your eyes, Spain, France, Germany etc have the same jersey with 9ja just diff colors,

You are right. Argentine, German, Nigerian , Mexico jerseys(all made by adidas) are all the same design with just colours and very minute differences. Adidas is German afterall and they would rather make it very functional and useable than focus on the aesthetics.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by chelseabmw(m): 1:20am On Jun 09, 2010
next story pls
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by hbrednic: 1:33am On Jun 09, 2010
soloqy:

[b]You are right. Argentine, German, Nigerian , Mexico jerseys(all made by adidas) are all the same design with just colours and very minute differences
. Adidas is German afterall and they would rather make it very functional and useable than focus on the aesthetics.
[/b]

Argentinas jersey was designed by the argentines,it is a remake of the 1986 world cup which they won.
so it is a kind of talisman 4 them.
Re: Adidas Is Not Marketing The Super Eagles Like Its Other Customers by Princek12(m): 2:32am On Jun 09, 2010
Some of you guys are right. The NFF's marketing campaign has been appalling, which will affect jersey sales.

(1) (2) (Reply)

All About Latest News, Gist, Gossip, Health, Fitness, Sports, Worldnews, / Who Is Your Favourite Football Commentator ? / 10 To Watch In Nigerian Premier League This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.