Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. (2515 Views)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Toyota Car Owners Knows Car Parts More Than Mechanics Why? / What's The Best (non-toyota ) Car For Taxi Hailing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 10:16am On Jun 26, 2018
Please, I have some plots of land at Epe in Lagos state, which I will like to exchange for a Toyota car. People told me such can be done but I really do not know how to go about it or even who to tell. Most people I tell are more interested in buying. Please can any one give me an idea of how to successfully go about this? Thank you.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by harmony940(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2018
How many plots of land do you have,and what type of Toyota car do you want for exchange....is it’s a tokunbo car or a Nigerian used..
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by motemi111(m): 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
Where precisely is the land and how much does it worth in cash? What type of Toyota are you interested in?
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by elshanAutos: 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
joyafoma:
Please, I have some plots of land at Epe in Lagos state, which I will like to exchange for a Toyota car. People told me such can be done but I really do not know how to go about it or even who to tell. Most people I tell are more interested in buying. Please can any one give me an idea of how to successfully go about this? Thank you.
Kindly shed more light on this.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2018
motemi111:
Where precisely is the land and how much does it worth in cash? What type of Toyota are you interested in?

The land is located at Odo Ogiriga town in Epe Local government area of Lagos state. It is a land free from government acquisition.the dry part of the land is 1M naira while the swampy part is 700k. I am a lawyer and I did all the legal documentation with respect to the land. Part of my payment is to get any car of my choice in exchange of land that equals value of the car. Any of the Toyotas even though it is a jeep from 2005 model will do. The plots of land that will be given will be determined by value of the car. Thank you.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
harmony940:
How many plots of land do you have,and what type of Toyota car do you want for exchange....is it’s a tokunbo car or a Nigerian used..
My client, which is a property company that did survey for the family that originally owns all the land, owns 150 plots of land. Kindly refer to my response above as to more light about the land and what type of Toyota car. A neatly used car whether foreign or local will do. Thank you.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=elshanAutos post=68855005]
Kindly shed more light on this. [/quote

Please read my responses above on history of the land, cash value, etc. Thank you.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
Please any one who is interested can call or WhatsApp me on 08030993267. Thanks.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
Land-car swap deal. All I will advice is to be careful, whether buyer or seller. Check if there is any encumberance on the land via due diligence. And oga, check out the car well and value via a good mechanic advice.

But you for put the land for sale then use the money buy car.

2 Likes

Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by aaidel(m): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2018
Once you see someone making offers like this then be wary what stops you from selling the land and buying a car if there is no problem with the land documentation?
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by elshanAutos: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2018
aaidel:
Once you see someone making offers like this then be wary what stops you from selling the land and buying a car if there is no problem with the land documentation?
Calm down, stuff like this happens a lot. Nothing new about it.
As long as you proceed with due dilligence & verify all verifiables.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2018
aaidel:
aaidel:
I really don't know why people just say things they know anything about just to antagonise and annoy others. It is a very common practice in Lagos to exchange cars for land and I have drafted over 10 deeds of assignment to that effect. It is usually easier and faster because it is favours the car owner. How can i, a lawyer, not know a land DT has problems wt documentations which I processed myself. And what stops d car owner from investigating the title of the land? Is it a transaction under duress? Maybe u think it is easy to c buyers for land,ask property agents. Please, try to think and be sure of what you say before you post. There is nothing secrete about me and my law firm is open anytime for who wants to verify. I won't risk a petition to NBA against me for any reason.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by elshanAutos: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2018
joyafoma:

I really don't know why people just say things they know anything about just to antagonise and annoy others. It is a very common practice in Lagos to exchange cars for land and I have drafted over 10 deeds of assignment to that effect. It is usually easier and faster because it is favours the car owner. How can i, a lawyer, not know a land DT has problems wt documentations which I processed myself. And what stops d car owner from investigating the title of the land? Is it a transaction under duress? Maybe u think it is easy to c buyers for land,ask property agents. Please, try to think and be sure of what you say before you post. There is nothing secrete about me and my law firm is open anytime for who wants to verify. I won't risk a petition to NBA against me for any reason.
joyafoma:
This response of yours contradicts your original post. You have succeeded in casting doubts and aspersions on yourself. Congrats.
I urge everyone to proceed with caution.

2 Likes

Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
@Elshan Motors, this is becoming ridiculous! It is only someone who is lying DT contradicts herself. I said I am a lawyer and have DRAFTED over 10 deeds of cars in exchange of land. I didn't say I arranged the deals. I am aware of such transactions but in dis case it is me DT is directly involved not to draft a deed but to get d transaction closed which I have never done. Where exactly did I contradict myself sir and what exactly is ur problem with my post? Do u kno me before? Have u tried to make verifications and came up against the slightest doubt? I am very surprised at your unfounded attacks.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by aaidel(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2018
elshanAutos:

Calm down, stuff like this happens a lot. Nothing new about it.
As long as you proceed with due dilligence & verify all verifiables.
i am calm sir but its the due diligence and verification that is difficult.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by aaidel(m): 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
joyafoma:

so then why not sell and then buy the car less stress for the car dealer and you too
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by eagleeye3: 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
If it looks like fish smells like fish then, I can tell you it's fishy
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by Lexusgs430: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
eagleeye3:
If it looks like fish
smells like fish
then, I can tell you it's fishy

It might be a dolphin, whale or shark.....
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by Partnerbiz(f): 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
joyafoma:
@Elshan Motors, this is becoming ridiculous! It is only someone who is lying DT contradicts herself. I said I am a lawyer and have DRAFTED over 10 deeds of cars in exchange of land. I didn't say I arranged the deals. I am aware of such transactions but in dis case it is me DT is directly involved not to draft a deed but to get d transaction closed which I have never done. Where exactly did I contradict myself sir and what exactly is ur problem with my post? Do u kno me before? Have u tried to make verifications and came up against the slightest doubt? I am very surprised at your unfounded attacks.
You actually contradicted yourself.
You said the reason you want this swap is because it's easier given that land buyers are hard to get.

You also said people are more interested in buying land. So one would think "Why not sell the land to them and use the money to buy a car?"

I guess that's an oversight though.
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by joyafoma: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
I just don't wanna argue weda it is fake,fishy or smelly any more. I guess we all are adults and knows how to ask for land dicunents for verification in d lands registery and also request for a deed to be signed. I felt it would b easier for me to get a car for land since I needed a car rather than selling straight because the pieces of land I have been trying to sell since last year is still unsold plus d agreement I have with my client was DT I get someone to exchange car wt land since I need a car. Sincerely, I never expected to come up against so many oppositions but I guess it is normal since this country is fraught with fraud. Even me, I am suspicious of any car, cos I went to bail someone at Ajah police station last month, cos the car DT was exchanged for his land is stolen. But I have made up my mind to verify d car in all possible ways I can. I also heard DT some DT exchang cars for land latter come back wt spare keys to steal d car. So I am afraid too. But for anyone out there weda u are buying land wt cash or car, u MUST DO UR DUE DELIGENCE. If u do not know how to get a lawyer and get a DEED not a receipt. Land for cash or car is same risk,and under no condition must u fail to do ur part. When it is car for land, d risk is both ways,to both d Assignor and d Assignee. So don't u ever think that because it is not car for land but cash for land den it is free from suspicion cos if u believe DT, u'll believe anything!
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by aaidel(m): 5:24am On Jul 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

It might be a dolphin, whale or shark.....

Whatever it is the bone go still hook you for throat
Re: Land In Exchange For A Toyota Car. by Lexusgs430: 7:14am On Jul 04, 2018
aaidel:

Whatever it is the bone go still hook you for throat

Some fishes in supermarkets, are usually deboned....

(1) (Reply)

V.I.O Check Point: What Do They Ask Motorists For? / Why Are Aluminium Engines Difficult To Repair In Nigeria? / Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.