Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) (44746 Views)

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2022
I have never used a car in my life but planning to get one in the nearest future.

I have been planning to myself a Toyota car but the reviews I get on this wonderful brand is scary.

Check the pictures below and read reviews as per these cars' engine and give your honest opinions/reviews.

Honda and Toyota owners, o we to you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Gravatar: 10:11am On May 02, 2022
I usually avoid threads like this, filled with "beer parlor" information from ignorant and uninformed people, but I have time this morning, na bank holiday here.

Sometimes e good to apply common sense to everything in life first.

Toyota is overwhelmingly the most popular automaker in much of Nigeria, except for pockets in the North where its often neck and neck with or beaten by Honda, Peugeot, etc.

Applying common sense to this fact, which brand engines you feel say go full market?

If 6 of 10 vehicles on the roads are Toyota vehicles, would you expect to go to an auto parts market and 6 of 10 engines would be Honda engines? Common sense.

If 6 of 10 people own toyotas, knowing Nigerians are generally bad at vehicle maintenance, which model you feel say people go find their spare parts more? Common sense

Are Toyotas perfect? Definitely not. Specific models have specific issues. But una no dey ever tire for this "Toyotas are light" or "Toyotas are easily stolen", among several other ignorant and unsubstantiated statements?

Toyotas are in high demand all over the world. It is not a Nigerian phenomenon. The Corolla is the best selling passenger sedan worldwide for a reason, and the people that came up with that conclusion did not even factor Nigeria into their research, because how many people dey buy car brand new for Nigeria?

If toyotas are in such high demand and command relatively high prices compared to similar models in the same class, which models do you think thieves would target?

Thief wey steal Honda Civic, how much you feel say im go sell am for?

Third wey vandalize Honda Accord parts like ECU, window switches, Entertainment system, how much e go sell am for?

Why that thief no go target Toyota instead?

Common sense.

Whenever you wan claim say Toyotas dey light, get online and find the gross weight of the model, and compare it with the gross weight of a similar non-Toyota in the same category. You may find that the Toyota may be lighter or heavier than the other model. The point is, enlighten yourself with facts, not what Monsuru mechanic said after 6 bottles.

If person begin analyse all the ignorance fueled information on this page, e go be full time job, I already have one of those, so I no do.

If after this, common sense still no wan enter your head, my brother or sister, carry go.

465 Likes 36 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by nurey(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2022
Let me park my TATA indigo here 4 d Vawulence grin

Honda is a worldwide engine manufacturer from cars to boats to airplanes. Their engines are very good but Toyota cannot be relegated to the background too because their hybrid synergy drive engine is top in the world, everybody's favorite.

Now let the challenge begin
Honda 2.4L k series vs toyota 2.4L 2azfe. Here the honda beats the toyota in reliability, power and overall usage. The honda k series has less complaints than the 2azfe popular competition Honda accord vs toyota camry

Honda J series 3.0L to 3.7L vs toyota Mz/2gr series. Here the J series did well but has some issues in some model like the EOD and DC 3.0L V6 was plagued with some issues but the J series.is still solid starting from the Honda legend of the 1990s to the brutal power coming out from the RL and other powerful sedans.

The 1mzfe 3.0L, 3mzfe 3.3L to the 2grfe 3.5L were very okay but some error in the design of the 2gr seen as oil cooler line collapse without engine shutdown with low oil, the 1mzfe was plagued with oil burn in sienna and.lexus Rx300 though not as pronounced as the 2azfe, the 3.3L was the best but if the timing belt cut in motion grin

Honda is a very good engine manufacturer but toyota too also try. Respect to the Toyota UZ V8 engines

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by skywalker240(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2022
nurey:
Let me park my TATA indigo here 4 d Vawulence grin
Right behind you with my keke maruwa with mercedes insignia grin

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by OfficialDJ: 11:52am On May 02, 2022
Gravatar:
I usually avoid threads like this, filled with "beer parlor" information from ignorant and uninformed people, but I have time this morning, na bank holiday here.

Sometimes e good to apply common sense to everything in life first.

Toyota is overwhelmingly the most popular automaker in much of Nigeria, except for pockets in the North where its often neck and neck with or beaten by Honda, Peugeot, etc.

Applying common sense to this fact, which brand engines you feel say go full market?

If 6 of 10 vehicles on the roads are Toyota vehicles, would you expect to go to an auto parts market and 6 of 10 engines would be Honda engines? Common sense.

If 6 of 10 people own toyotas, knowing Nigerians are generally bad at vehicle maintenance, which model you feel say people go find their spare parts more? Common sense

Are Toyotas perfect? Definitely not. Specific models have specific issues. But una no dey ever tire for this "Toyotas are light" or "Toyotas are easily stolen", among several other ignorant and unsubstantiated statements?

Toyotas are in high demand all over the world. It is not a Nigerian phenomenon. The Corolla is the best selling passenger sedan worldwide for a reason, and the people that came up with that conclusion did not even factor Nigeria into their research, because how many people dey buy car brand new for Nigeria?

If toyotas are in such high demand and command relatively high prices compared to similar models in the same class, which models do you think thieves would target?

Thief wey steal Honda Civic, how much you feel say im go sell am for?

Third wey vandalize Honda Accord parts like ECU, window switches, Entertainment system, how much e go sell am for?

Why that thief no go target Toyota instead?

Common sense.

Whenever you wan claim say Toyotas dey light, get online and find the gross weight of the model, and compare it with the gross weight of a similar non-Toyota in the same category. You may find that the Toyota may be lighter or heavier than the other model. The point is, enlighten yourself with facts, not what Monsuru mechanic said after 6 bottles.

If person begin analyse all the ignorance fueled information on this page, e go be full time job, I already have one of those, so I no do.

If after this, common sense still no wan enter your head, my brother or sister, carry go.
he's here again - unfailingly.

Aggressively defending his beloved Toyota in the hopes of getting an ambassadorial position with his beat up contraption, a Toyota 2003 corolla.

Sad boy!

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by AbduI05: 12:20pm On May 02, 2022
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by slawormiir: 12:44pm On May 02, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Grab my weed to read and learn some dope shit

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Kingpele(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2022
Hahaha mr gravatar you dey tryoo..I pray Toyota brand pick your call ...now to the topic I prefer Toyota brand to Honda. but you see I have Honda SUV ,Toyota premier, benz ,I dey feel the benz more. Every car brand is ok it all depends on your pocket, pockets determine desire..the op should tell us how much he can part with to get a good whip then we can advise him...is a pity we are not even talking about our own indigenous auto makers like innoson and co ..but are wasting our data on foreign brands

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by foryourminding: 12:44pm On May 02, 2022
There is a reason why you will see only Toyota when push comes to shove eg during a war, both military and terrorist use Toyota. Anywhere in the world especially US Military and United Nations Patrol.

Toyota (and their luxury brand Lexus) is the most reliable car brand in the world, and the most popular.

Anything that will make a Toyota spoil, that means another brand like Honda, Mercedes or BMW will break into 10,000 pieces.

Toyota cars are in high demand due to reliability, efficiency and ease. So what spare parts do you think the buyers of these cars will use in repairing their cars? Definitely not a Honda or Porsche or Rolls Royce. They will use a Toyota.

2ndly, Toyota is very costly in the secondhand market because they hold their resale value.

Take for instance a Mercedes C240 of 2003 vs Toyota Corolla of 2003. One is an entry-level utility car. One is luxury car. Both are 19 years old. Both are available in the tokunbo market for 2.5m.

But while the Toyota was sold for $17,000 as brand new, the Mercedes was sold for $42,000 when it was brand new.

But today the Corolla is the same price or even surpasses the Mercedes in secondhand/tokunbo.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 02, 2022
True but false.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Rastaramsey(m): 12:45pm On May 02, 2022
Omo both Toyota and Honda sef no be my taste grin grin grin

I wan hustle well well make I obtain Lexus...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by nairaman66(m): 12:46pm On May 02, 2022
Honda cars beat Toyota in every way.

The only drawback in Honda cars is just the legs which they have rectified from 0/12 upwards.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by temmypotter(m): 12:46pm On May 02, 2022
People like this sef... Indecision.. when you are ready to get a car.. and you enter market, you will know what you need to know.

As for me, Toyota >> Honda, anyday twice on sunday.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by SambankmanFried: 12:47pm On May 02, 2022
well i have used lots of hondas
their engines are mad
i once drove a pilot from uyo 5am to lagos, got to lagos ibadan traffic by 7pm stayed in the traffic till 12 in the night - saw tundras and big suvs overheating in the traffic
but this honda (07) pilot got to the house in lagos by 1am in the night and water and everything sounding like it did not just run for a whole day shocked shocked

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by FinanceHub: 12:47pm On May 02, 2022
Happy holidays everyone!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Treadway: 12:48pm On May 02, 2022
Pound for pound, Honda's are more durable, better engineered, and have far better engines compared to Toyota. The only problem is the double wishbone, which only affects certain years and specific models, just like some specific toyota engines also drink oil and form sludge hopelessly. Honda any day, anytime. If you don't believe me, ask Piyke.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by KINGTELLER: 12:49pm On May 02, 2022
Toyota and Honda have a big market, where I live, it's mostly African immigrants that buy these brands, because of its resale value and the millage the car can travel before its lifespan deteriorate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 02, 2022
The best engines are the
- Toyota - 2GRfe engine (V6) 2005 - 2016
- Mercedes benz - M272 / M276 (V6) 2004 - 2017

Both engines were used for so long because of its durability

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by shortgun(m): 12:49pm On May 02, 2022
True
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Fadddd(m): 12:49pm On May 02, 2022
Hondas are cheaper, yet Toyota dominates everywhere. Need you more evidence about which is better?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by LaSenior: 12:49pm On May 02, 2022
cheesy

This motor na real bandits infact dem suppose to name am Toyota cultists

I changed the tires to 225 70 rim 15 any road wey bad I dey run am the only mistake they made in this car is not building it with a 4×4 options

I own exactly this model same colour with leather interior bought it 5years ago AC still chilling the only problem is it short oil depending on the distance covered but it has been a good experience driving this car because it has not stopped me on the road before....

Honda no be Toyota mate in term of durability and reliability

How many honda odyssey wey transporters dey use ....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by donbrowser(m): 12:49pm On May 02, 2022
Buy Honda first and use Toyota after then you will know why "the taste is the difference and the difference is in the taste"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Thebwoy: 12:49pm On May 02, 2022
Here to Read replies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by mazizitonene(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
Lol....How true is myth?

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Golan007: 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
Na real mechanic type that statement.

grin

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by forgiveness: 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
Space never full. I Dey come back.
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by 9japarts: 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
Gravatar has made some valid points.

Many people use Toyota, more than other brands in Nigeria, same people abuse their vehicles heavily. Part sellers will stock parts that in high demand, which happen to be Toyotas.

Most used engines in Ladipo are rebuilt, not just Toyota engines, don't take my word for it, just walk around the market. Except you are buying directly from the container, and you have to know what you are doing to be able to. And yes, more Toyota engines are rebuilt, because there is a higher demand for it.

As a first time car user. You are safe with known brands if you will be travelling a lot within the country. Getting a Toyota, Honda, mechanic won't be hard.

If you want to use the vehicle for transport. Check the route you will be using, what vehicles are common. Even within a state, there are particular brands used there. For example in Lagos. Epe, Ajah, ibeju axis: Opel Zafira, Korope : Itoikin Ikorodu axis: Mazda mpv, Ikorodu to Oshodi axis: Volkswagen bus, mazda bus, etc. If your vehicle breaks down along that route, you are sure of getting a mechanic to fix the problem.

Generally, it is car users that are brand loyalist. The manufacturer across board buy parts from largely the same manufacturer and assemble. That is why the base price for new vehicles in the same category are just slightly different. They adopt and improve on the same technology.

But whatever you like.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ironheart(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
Honda builds solid engines, when you see a smoking honda motor, then you have seen an irresponsible man

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by mazizitonene(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
Oh well.....over to Nl mechanics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Supplies 10 Vehicles To Kogi State Government (Photos) / See The Stunning 2020 Toyota Highlander / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.