Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Database Issue - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Database Issue (1073 Views)

Quite Old Database App From My Boss / What To Do With Spoilt Sql Database? / Building An Ionic 3 Shopping Cart App With Firebase Realtime Database Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Database Issue by PeTerBaa28(m): 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hi there! Please help!
I have one MDB Database which I cannot open with the help of MS Access 2016. It was created a few years ago using Access 2007 on a PC running Windows 7 I have installed Access 2016 on my current HP EliteBook 840 G4 Notebook PC running Windows 10 and I get 2 errors:
1. Unable to read file
2. The file is incomplete S
teps taken so far: - I have re-installed Access - tried opening in older versions - did an update from Microsoft site I can load and save new files without problem.
Any suggestions?
Re: Database Issue by samhull0877(m): 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
-Right-click the Start button Windows Start button in Windows 10 (lower-left corner), and select Apps and Features on the pop-up menu.
-Select the Microsoft Office product you want to repair, and select Modify.
-Depending if your copy of Office is Click-to-run or MSI-based install, do the following.
-Click-to-run
-In How would you like to repair your Office Programs, select Online Repair to make sure everything gets fixed, and then select Repair. (The faster -Quick Repair option is also available, but it only detects and then replaces corrupted files.)
-In Change your installation, select Repair and then click Continue.
-Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair.
If that not works take a look on how to repair access files here: http://www.mdb.repair/
Re: Database Issue by Paulsamuel28: 11:00am On Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

There is a complete solution to fix all the issues present in MS Access Database, which will help you to resolve several other issues present there.As, it is seen apart from issues present in MDB and ACCDB files of Access Database. Sometimes, problems are seen in BLOB, MEMO and OLE data of access database. So, to avoid such problems, you can recover access database, you can opt for a tool.

For more info: http://www.databasefilerecovery.com/ms-access-database-recovery.html
Re: Database Issue by shreyanshgautam: 6:43am On Jun 28, 2022
Many times the Microsoft Access Database Files are facing corruption which causes hazards for the files that are stored in it. SysInfo MS Access Recovery software is one of the best tools to recover the MS Access database. It instantly repairs corrupt MDB and ACCDB files of the Microsoft Access database. It has a standard and advanced recovery mode. It has the ability to restore permanently deleted records, tables, indexes, modules, queries, huge OLE, and MEMO data. Also, it has an option in which you can preview the MS Access database files.

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Application Developer Urgently Needed At A Fast Growing ICT Firm / Affordable Website Design Service / In Need Of A Programmer Good With Golang And Also IOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.