Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired (1053 Views)

5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor / Expert In The House Should Help Out, Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
Getting a job as a developer seem dicey as the competition is so stiff.

Therefore, employed developers on nairaland should help us with tips to scale through interview that will finally land one the job.

Thanks.
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by talk2hb1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
dayo2me:
Getting a job as a developer seem dicey as the competition is so stiff.

Therefore, employed developers on nairaland should help us with tips to scale through interview that will finally land one the job.

Thanks.

First Your Resume and Portfolio,
Second your marketing skills which invariably depends on your communication skill,
Finally Your Enthusiasm at the interview shows how ready are you to work with your potential employer. Exude confidence
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by kensmoney(m): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nice one op, plz someone should help us with sample of CV for a developer, I HV applied up to 100 vacancies without response,
I am just tired
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by bytementor: 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
kensmoney:
Nice one op, plz someone should help us with sample of CV for a developer, I HV applied up to 100 vacancies without response,
I am just tired

What is your stack and how many years of experience do you have?
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 17, 2019
kensmoney:
I am just tired

Then you are not doing the right thing.
What I observe is that, recruiters go through your Cover Letter first before your CV and cover letter is a summary of you, what your skills entail why you should be considered for the role. I have applied for a role as Software Developer on the platform of Java. The recruiter immediately replied me by saying " you major in android development using java, I want fullstack java developer" case close. So, if you want to respond to any job post do yourself a favor by reading the requirements and responsibilities on the job, then tailor your CV to those things, believe me you will be shortlisted

1 Like

Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 17, 2019
talk2hb1:

First Your Resume and Portfolio,
Second your marketing skills which invariably depends on your communication skill,
Finally Your Enthusiasm at the interview shows how ready are you to work with your potential employer. Exude confidence
Thank you boss. My resume has gotten me invited like 12 times since I started pushing for job from May till this day. I have managed to attend 4 of them. Also, it has gotten me shortlisted for test with Big companies online. My portfolio is okay I presume. I almost posted all my projects to github but the bigger projects are left on my machine and phone.
I exude confidence and courage while interacting.
Second your marketing skills which invariably depends on your communication skill
I think this may be the shortcoming. Can you please, expatiate this? what to say and what not to say during interview.
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2019
bytementor:

Mine is android development using java.
I have almost three years experience with java and two years with android. I am pretty much confident in handling any projects with android and I can equally maintain an existing app.
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by kensmoney(m): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2019
bytementor:

Full stack developer (1 year experience)
Python(django and flask)
JavaScript (react)
CSS(bootstrap)
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by talk2hb1(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2019
dayo2me:

Thank you boss. My resume has gotten me invited like 12 times since I started pushing for job from May till this day. I have managed to attend 4 of them. Also, it has gotten me shortlisted for test with Big companies online. My portfolio is okay I presume. I almost posted all my projects to github but the bigger projects are left on my machine and phone.
I exude confidence and courage while interacting.

I think this may be the shortcoming. Can you please, expatiate this? what to say and what not to say during interview.
I am glad my response is useful, communica communication is more of listening. Knowing what people want to hear, tell them what they need to hear, and keeping shut lipsrsealed and dont forget to listen even when talking. Go and read this book "How make friend and influence people" by Dale Carnegie it's a sales book, it will give you insight into how people relate, closing sales, influence people, and many more.

1 Like

Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2019
talk2hb1:

I am glad my response is useful, communica communication is more of listening. Knowing what people want to hear, tell them what they need to hear, and keeping shut lipsrsealed and dont forget to listen even when talking. Go and read this book "How make friend and influence people" by Dale Carnegie it's a sales book, it will give you insight into how people relate, closing sales, influence people, and many more.
Thanks for your time
Re: Employed Developers In House Should Help Us With Tips To Hired by bytementor: 8:43am On Sep 17, 2019
kensmoney:

Full stack developer (1 year experience)
Python(django and flask)
JavaScript (react)
CSS(bootstrap)

check out https://getdev.co/jobs/57527/intermediate-frontend-developer

dayo2me:

Mine is android development using java.
I have almost three years of experience with java and two years with android. I am pretty much confident in handling any projects with android and I can equally maintain an existing app.

Check out https://getdev.co/jobs/57529/intermediate-hybrid-mobile-developer

You can also take out time to check other Jobs they have that match your skillset.

=============================

Don't forget Bytementor.com makes learning how to code easy and fast by providing you with tools and videos required to become a full-stack .Net Developer and also offering you a 1-on-1 mentoring online where our inhouse experienced developers can help you debug your code, answer your question and lot more

You may learn more on our thread here https://www.nairaland.com/5407969/full-stack-web-developer-using-bytementor

(1) (Reply)

What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer / I Need A Senior Php Or Node.js Developer For An Urgent Project / Someone Help Me With This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.