Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ (20153 Views)

AFCON 2023: Three Times The Super Eagles Have Beaten Host Nations At AFCON / Kristoffer Barmen Sacked By Brann SK For Organising Sex Party At Club Stadium / Barcelona Team Bus Leaves Lionel Messi At Anfield After Liverpool Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Newsloft: 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
@NAIRATREND

Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi has recalled that he had once beaten Argentina captain, Lionel Messi at club level and that he hopes to beat him again when Nigeria throws tackles with the La Albiceleste in their all important last group game on Tuesday.

The match will be played at the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg by 7pm (Nigeria)

Mikel and Messi first crossed each other’s path in the final of the FIFA U-20 World Cup in the Netherlands in 2005 with the Barcelona superstar lifting the trophy and also best player of the tournament.

Since then, they have met several times at the international and club levels with the Argentine captain having the upper hand most of the time.

Mikel who now plays in China and Messi who has spent his carrier at Barcelona will rekindle their rivalry today when Nigeria and Argentina battle for a spot in the knock out stages.

The Super Eagles sit in second position in the group with three points, while Argentina occupy last position with just one point.

“I’m looking forward to it. It’s always a pleasure playing against Messi. I have played against him so many times, be it national team, be it at club level,” Mikel stated during a short video interview posted on ESPN.

“Once in Chelsea, I managed to come out on top against him. In this tournament, I hope to do that. I hope the team will come out top against him.”

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/i-have-beaten-messi-at-club-level-i-hope-to-do-it-again-today-mikel-obi-speaks/

7 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by sunnysunny69(m): 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
Argentina is in disarray, the coach doesn't command any respect, the players tell him what position they want to play, Messi is not talking to anyone etc. The good thing is we always loose to them by a goal and that's about to change today.

Mikel should play in front of the defence as he does at Chelsea not as a forward because he doesn't have the pace, and he's nursing metatarsal injury. Ndidi and etebo are 2 of the best midfielders out there so Iwobi should please sit on the bench, watch the set pieces, hold for a 85 min draw then go for win at the death. Even though Croatia could field a poor team against Iceland, we must remember Iceland don't score a lot of goal. Good luck to Naija, we need this.

9 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by stefanweeks: 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
Talk Talk Talk

This is the freaking world cup ffs

We need actions, we need goals

9 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Bigmugu: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
stefanweeks:
Talk Talk Talk

This is the freaking world cup ffs

We need actions, we need goals

Lady promises to show her boobs if Nigeria beats Argentina

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/lady-promises-to-show-her-boobs-if-nigeria-beats-argentina/

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by blazer2018: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
grin grin

And so shall it be!!!

The Argentina we see today, we shall see no more!!!

Victoria Acerta!!!

14 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by inoki247: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
make 7 nack now y time come dey slow like say is Coming back of Jesus Christ....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by success1smyn(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
v
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by wildcatter23(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
Chest beating and bragging would not deliver you.

This is the WORLD CUP
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by ENGLANDPANAMA: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
i hope you walk your talk
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by wonuks(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
LWKMD

Check my signature. if you want to create a website asap? No advance payment required.

1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by azshion1: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
Like for messi.
And share for Mikel.

50 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by yemmight(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
Mikel should just shut up and play game jare.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by yorke1: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
Mumu. Better concentrate on today's match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Kyllahmc(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
Mouth making before action don dey put men for trouble since 2000BC...

more like bragging to your new babe on how good you are and how you will tear her apart in the other room.. Only for you to reach there and Cum in just 2mins.

Wishing them all the best though!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
All this talking should stop

Action is what is needed
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by sunnysunny69(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
embarassed
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Bodylover: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
grin
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by wunmi590(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
Is that suppose to be a debate? when Messi has won world best player several time and his among the greatest player.

just go and concentrate on todays match and give us victory.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by mykkel(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
Newsloft:
@NAIRATREND

Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi has recalled that he had once beaten Argentina captain, Lionel Messi at club level and that he hopes to beat him again when Nigeria throws tackles with the La Albiceleste in their all important last group game on Tuesday.

The match will be played at the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg by 7pm (Nigeria)

Mikel and Messi first crossed each other’s path in the final of the FIFA U-20 World Cup in the Netherlands in 2005 with the Barcelona superstar lifting the trophy and also best player of the tournament.

Since then, they have met several times at the international and club levels with the Argentine captain having the upper hand most of the time.

Mikel who now plays in China and Messi who has spent his carrier at Barcelona will rekindle their rivalry today when Nigeria and Argentina battle for a spot in the knock out stages.

The Super Eagles sit in second position in the group with three points, while Argentina occupy last position with just one point.

“I’m looking forward to it. It’s always a pleasure playing against Messi. I have played against him so many times, be it national team, be it at club level,” Mikel stated during a short video interview posted on ESPN.

“Once in Chelsea, I managed to come out on top against him. In this tournament, I hope to do that. I hope the team will come out top against him.”

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/i-have-beaten-messi-at-club-level-i-hope-to-do-it-again-today-mikel-obi-speaks/
you talk too much go nd train joor

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by mytime24(f): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
If Nigeria beat Argentina

Call me ...... lipsrsealed
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by kolafolabi(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
That's not an excuse Dear Captain.. Be determined and focused. Argentina are not a weak team..Having beaten by Croatia and drew Iceland mean nothing .. They are one of the favorite and don't be surprised if they get a penalty or we get a red card...

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Burger01(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
YES you can.... YES we can!

We are Winning.. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Tarzan360(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
U will my brother i wish u and your team mates best of luck

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Tomoyayi(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
Bigmugu:

Lady promises to show her boobs if Nigeria beats Argentina

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/lady-promises-to-show-her-boobs-if-nigeria-beats-argentina/

Nice one

Wakanda boobs o
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by MrImole: 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
You are a genius John Obi Mike but Messi is a super genius.

I tried to type Messi and the autocorrect on my phone changed it to Messiah.

Genius is he...

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by chibwike(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hope moses has broken up with Folashade
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
By playing back pass abi ...hope you dont eventually back pass the ball into messi's path
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Azord(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
na so so mouth mouth if dem loose we no go hear anything again. make we dey watch na.
Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by HRich(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nonsense!!!! talking rubbish, Have anyone heard of Messi's voice he does his talking on the pitch..

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by madjune(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
He said the same thing in 2014.

Na inferiority complex go tie their legs when dem see Messi for pitch.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ by Kalashnikov102(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
Jus be a man of your words... I dey bar now merry till 7pm smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating / FIBA Throws D’tigress Out Of 2022 World Cup After Fg’s Withdrawal / USA Vs WALES: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 1) On 21st November 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.