Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,155 members, 7,864,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos (587 Views)

My Landlord Is Endangering The Health Of Everyone In The Compound. / Our Landlord Is Torturing Us / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by debossng: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2018
Good morning house, please I need your sincere advise. I am a yearly tenant and my rent has been due since April and I've not been able to pay my rent yet due to some financial challenges. I've offered to pay part of the rent now and offset the balance later but my Landlord refused. Now his Lawyer is threatening to lock my door and throw me out without serving me quit notice. Please I need your sincere advise on what to do. Thanks
Re: Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by debossng: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2018
Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place. Please Moderator should help me move this to the appropriate section to enable me get needed advise. Thanks
Re: Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
goan stay with ur friends, or get Bck to ur family house. u get two head? goon r those days when I use to sleep where there is no window and d room is close to like two toilets of the d whole building
Re: Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by ipeg34yahooco: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hello,

No one can throw you out of your apartment except by a court order.Demand to be served a quit notice and also employ the services of a lawyer to defend you.If you can't afford one and you are in Lagos,visit any citizen mediation centre around your area where free legal services are offered so they can intervene on your behalf before the lawyer carries out his illegal act.
Re: Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by debossng: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
ipeg34yahooco:
Hello,

No one can throw you out of your apartment except by a court order.Demand to be served a quit notice and also employ the services of a lawyer to defend you.If you can't afford one and you are in Lagos,visit any citizen mediation centre around your area where free legal services are offered so they can intervene on your behalf before the lawyer carries out his illegal act.

Thanks very much for your advise, the Lawyer boasts that Lagos State Tenancy Laws gives him the right to lock up the premises and force me out. I'll considering the option of getting a Lawyer.

Re: Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by debossng: 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
ipeg34yahooco:
Hello,

Re: Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by graces2016: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2018
They can,t throw your load out except with court order....try plead wit them to accept the payment twice and if they lock,just snap the picture as proof and see any reasonable lawyer for advice..

debossng:

Re: Please Help! My Landlord Is Threatening To Throw Me Out....in Lagos by debossng: 12:40am On Jun 28, 2018
graces2016:
They can,t throw your load out except with court order....try plead wit them to accept the payment twice and if they lock,just snap the picture as proof and see any reasonable lawyer for advice..

Thanks a bunch

(1) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Flat To Let 120k Annum,steady Light Area In Sango,ogun. / Last Chance !!! 100k To Purchase Used Furniture At The Lowest Price Ever / 1&1/2 Plot Of Land Housing 4-bedroom Bungalow (ibafo Axis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.