Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire (11456 Views)

From An Atheist To A Strong Believer - How I Met God... / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him / Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
Blackzlatan:

understand your point. But I am not cool with the keep on sinning phrase.

I know there is no condemnation in Christ .... in Christ. In Christ In Christ.... remain in me and I will remain in you .. For one that remains in Christ.. ..

There's a duty to remain in what you have just got ; salvation ...

Although you can fall into temptation. And and if you fall , we have an advocate in Christ jesus ..... John 2: 2...

If is different from when. Thats why i said I have an issue with the keep on sinning. In Matt 6:5 ,Matt 6:7 the bible says and when you pray.... this means you have to pray you have a duty to keep on praying.

It's not the same as if you sin. Therefore you cannot be in Christ and keep on sinning .

I hope I was clear.

The Grace of our Lord Jah be with us all. AMEN...

Keep sinning. It's compulsory.
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by walls01: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
Gggg102:

a manufacturer produces different goods to cater to consumers.

god could have created dogs because he felt like.
the world can also function without man.

you are not even trying to answer the questions...

your argument is correct but we don't know his mind. and that makes all the different. true we all could have avoided hell if devil was either not involved or if devil is restricted. but that again will affect is intention of creating a being like himself
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by BBBlaze: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
jiggaz:
Read the whole article and you will understand the message it is passing across.
My friend! The message is not related to the question i asked!
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by theoriginalgood: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2019
You cannot stop sinning until your cup is full. That could mean until you die. Then, let omnipotent Yahweh step in. Yahweh can wipe away sin. He hasn’t done it for all mankind cause there’s opposition from evil forces. These evil forces are strong enough to TEMPORARILY prevent heaven on earth. The battle is Good v evil. The obvious winner is Good God and then will he officially delete evil.
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2019
Afternoon
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by Charisplus(f): 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sin is no longer the issue with God. I know the foregoing statement will upset a lot of people but that is the truth. If we had to be completely "sinless" to "make heaven" then I doubt if anyone on this earth will qualify. At some point sin was a major issue but not anymore because of what Jesus has done. Sin was an issue under the law but God used it to show man that trying to obey laws was impossible. Not one person was able to keep the law and therefore live above sin. Only Jesus was able to keep the whole law and having done that, He established a new law. The law of faith. You are saved by faith. You are also kept by faith. You put faith in all Jesus has done for us including making us righteous. Trust in the gift of righteousness you have received and see the power of sin lose its strength over you. Focusing on trying to avoid sinning makes you occupied with it and you find yourself struggling with it and you keep wondering why you cannot overcome sin. Whatever you give your attention is what plays out in your life. Instead, focus on the One who has become and given you that gift of rightousness and find yourself living "accidentally holier" than you would if you were preoccupied trying to observe rules. Shalom!
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
Charisplus:
Sin is no longer the issue with God. I know the foregoing statement will upset a lot of people but that is the truth. If we had to be completely "sinless" to "make heaven" then I doubt if anyone on this earth will qualify. At some point sin was a major issue but not anymore because of what Jesus has done. Sin was an issue under the law but God used it to show man that trying to obey laws was impossible. Not one person was able to keep the law and therefore live above sin. Only Jesus was able to keep the whole law and having done that, He established a new law. The law of faith. You are saved by faith. You are also kept by faith. You put faith in all Jesus has done for us including making us righteous. Trust in the gift of righteousness you have received and see the power of sin lose its strength over you. Focusing on trying to avoid sinning makes you occupied with it and you find yourself struggling with it and you keep wondering why you cannot overcome sin. Whatever you give your attention is what plays out in your life. Instead, focus on the One who has become and given you that gift of rightousness and find yourself living "accidentally holier" than you would if you were preoccupied trying to observe rules. Shalom!
Hallelujah... Excellent post... Charisplus longest time...
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by Charisplus(f): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
jiggaz:
Hallelujah... Excellent post... Charisplus longest time...
Yes o my brother. It's been a long while. I'm glad to be back. Been reading your posts. Keep up the good work of sharing this wonderful message. Blessings.
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 4:59am On Jan 18, 2019
Charisplus:
Yes o my brother. It's been a long while. I'm glad to be back. Been reading your posts. Keep up the good work of sharing this wonderful message. Blessings.
Thank you my sister.
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:37pm On May 05, 2020
Thank you Lord Jesus
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:56pm On May 05, 2020
Thank you Lord
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:38am On May 06, 2020
Yeah
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:45am On May 06, 2020
It’s understandable when some find it difficult to believe that righteousness is only by faith, and not by works. At least, we were once in their shoes before grace enlightened the eyes of our understanding. The most difficult force to overcome is the spirit of religion. I’ve come to realize that it’s easier to convert a non-Christian than a religious Christian.

So what must we do?

We must constantly pray the pauline prayer in the book of Ephesians for them that have not come to the full knowledge of this truth, so that the body of Christ will come to the unity of faith.

“Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.”
~‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:15-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
It’s understandable when some find it difficult to believe that righteousness is only by faith, and not by works. At least, we were once in their shoes before grace enlightened the eyes of our understanding. The most difficult force to overcome is the spirit of religion. I’ve come to realize that it’s easier to convert a non-Christian than a religious Christian.

So what must we do?

We must constantly pray the pauline prayer in the book of Ephesians for them that have not come to the full knowledge of this truth, so that the body of Christ will come to the unity of faith.

“Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.”
~‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:15-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Yes my brother, you're very correct. It's easier to convert a non-Christian than convincing a Religious Christian to believe in the gospel of grace... Religion has messed up the church of Christ... And that's why the devil is keeping so many of them under bondage.
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2020
Thank you Lord Jesus....
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
jiggaz:
Thank you Lord Jesus....
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Evening
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Goood
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
Evening
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
Now
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
Nowww
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:08am On Jan 26, 2021
Morning.....
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2021
Evening
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
Lord Jesus Christ
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:11am On Mar 20, 2021
Boom
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2021
jiggaz:
Lord Jesus Christ
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2021
Yeah
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
Continue to cry unto God for help until he sends his holy spirit in to u

You can't do it by yourself
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Bump
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:12am On Jun 30, 2021
Morning
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
Yeah...
Re: As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
jiggaz:
Evening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Science Confirms Eucharistic Miracles / Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? / Weekly Watchtower Study Edition Discussion Trend, For JW (JW Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.