Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match (32260 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Kimcutie: 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
A Nigerian doctor has reportedly lost his life while watching the Super Eagles of Nigeria lose to Argentina in their final group d fixture of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Dr. Canice Ebirim, a consultant at the Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki (FETHA), died during the Super Eagles and Argentina match on Tuesday.

While confirming the news, the Chief Medical Director (CMD), of the hospital, Emeka Ogah, said Ebirim died within the period of the match.

According to him, a friend of the deceased revealed that he started behaving funny within that period.

“Ebirim’s friend said that the deceased started moving suspiciously and solicited for assistance which made him intervene and took him (Ebirim) to the hospital.

Efforts made to revive him at our hospital proved abortive as he died but we would liaise with his family to conduct an autopsy.

We are surprised at his death because he consulted at the hospital on Tuesdays. We have to wait till autopsy is conducted to draw further conclusions,” he told NAN.

The Super Eagles crashed out of the 2018 FIFA World Cup after yesterday’s 1-2 loss to Argentina. The game saw Marcos Rojo score a late goal which broke the heart of many Nigerian fans.

Source http://naijabuzz.com.ng/2018/06/27/2018-world-cup-doctor-allegedly-dies-while-watching-nigeria-vs-argentina/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by emeijeh(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ighalo, you see your life?

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by flamingREED(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
Football passion kills. I wonder how diehard fans survive the trauma.

26 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by FuckFuckBoy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ighalo has a lot to answer for.The poor man must have given up the ghost when Rojo scored angry

Rest in peace

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
Igahlo ruined many lives yesterday embarassed
If no be say I strong too, na another story we for dey talk ooo....

And am not a football lover. I hail those who watched their favorite clubs lose back to back, like Arsenal. Una get mind abeg grin

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by janejive(f): 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by ekems2017(f): 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Pls if you are hypertensive don't watch your team play. If you don't have the heart stay away to avoid this kind of stories. My doctor friend said many casualties were brought to the hospital where he is working.
Pls Nigeria is not worth dying for. Rip to him.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by isan(m): 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Bro no be small o
flamingREED:
Football passion kills.
I wonder how diehard fans survive the trauma.

11 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Spanner4(m): 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
So sad....

1 Like

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by IamAirforce1: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Rip doc

Chai
Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Naijawebmaster: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
It is not good to attach too much EMOTIONS to a GAME!

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment(s) required

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
You should see me shouting that day. That match no good for people suffering from high BP at all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by czarina(f): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Football is not for the fainthearted cry

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by ipobarethieves: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
embarassed ighalo see wetin u cause

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by opsyswagger(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Na wa oo doctor wey supose dey save people life. After the world cup Na him dey die. Rest in peace too the dead so sad

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Why do i have a feeling na bet9ja

15 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by lonlytroy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
You need to see how pissed off i was yesterday

1 Like

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by LilSmith55(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Kai RIP

Maybe he don use hospital stake on Nigeria Wins

1 Like

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
Lols.... I lowered my blood pressure to 0.0000 as I started watching that match.... By the time the match finished.... Mbok.... It came to normal... 130/65

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by kinzation(m): 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
Rip sir the SE ESP IGHALO STILL DEY FLEX
Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
emeijeh:
Ighalo, you see your life?
You for score if na you dem give that ball? undecided

1 Like

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
If a doctor could not manage the damage the loss caused, I wonder the fate of hypertensive fans.

I think those hypertensive should not be die-hard fans if they want to avoid cardiac arrest.

When you understand your limit, then you respect that boundary ----That's the secret of living long.
Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by IamGodsGrace(f): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
this Nigeria match made me realize that people can actually die for football o. the pain in my heart last night was unexplainable. I could practically point the exact location where the pain was and I could describe the size.

RIP to the dead

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Cletus77(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
Seriously am not much of a football person but putting my mind into dis world cup of a thing within dis few days, the way my chest burns when am not satisfied with a result especially with dis Nigerian match eeh... I had to control mysef

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by emeijeh(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
You for score if na you dem give that ball? undecided

Odion Yakubu Ighalo spotted grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by tayo4ng(m): 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
You see
Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Hennepin: 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Heffalump(m): 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
Eiya, his death is on Oghalo's hand
Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by ahamonyeka(m): 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
so na the lost make am die? I don't believe that.
Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Coneheads(f): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
Die becos of the zoo and her super chickens

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match by Millz404(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mikel n co... Una don join herdsmen abi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 / Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? / Van Dijk Named Fastest Player In 2018-19 Champions League(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.