Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,155 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine (1678 Views)

Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. / Defiant Driver Gets Stuck Inside galadimawa Flood After Ignoring Advise In abuja / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine by JAYUK(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Please great minds in the house,during normal routine car check this morning before driving out,the plastic tip of my engine oil dipstick got stuck down the tube,I was amazed as am yet to come to terms with how it broke.please how do I bring out the broken piece down the tube,I have called a mechanic but I won't do anything yet till I get feedback. Please share your action plan if you have had similar experience. Vehicle is 05 camry Le
Re: Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine by ruke84(m): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
I think that tube can be loosened and pulled out. Check it properly
Re: Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine by coldcandy: 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
you need to add more details.
e.g.
car type.
length of dipstick pulled out.
possibly pictures of location.
Re: Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2018
ruke84:
I think that tube can be loosened and pulled out. Check it properly

perfecto, the dipstick housing can be removed but the broken part is like half of the total length abi?

a Kareem or kabuto can easily remove this..... in this model of Toyota
Re: Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine by JAYUK(m): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
Good evening, I got a tech guy who removed the dipstick housing but the broken piece was already in the bottom plate / sump.please. I got uncomfortable removing the sump as what fell inside is the plastic tip of the dipstick.
Please can I drive the car that way with out causing harm to the engine,can the oil filter prevent the plastic tip from getting inside the engine. Please kindly direct me on what to do.
Cc Gazzuz, siena, kingreign etc

Re: Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine by TRYGO(m): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
You don't need to be amazed.

I have noticed this same trends on vehicles with this same engine (2AZ) on rav4 2008.

Apparently, this happens from the plastic getting bristled, as a result of extreme exposure to heat, and aging.

Driving that car that way, isn't cool.

There are two possibilities here:
1. the piece of plastic has being suspended in the oil in the sump. So, as it is, when the engines temperature rises and you start the engine or drive, the broken pieces might first of all get stuck in the internal filter(strainer). That won't be able to cause any harm, if the distance you intended to drive, isn't that far for a fix.

2. The sump can be opened, and those bits removed.

PS: picture below shows how a typical sump strainer looks like.

Look closely at the screens of the strainer, you'd see lots of sludge on it.

The broken bits would only be trapped that way.

The possibilities of the broken plastics passing through the screens, is dependent on your cars RPM, etc.

Regards,
Joseph
0806643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd

Re: Urgent Help -broken Engine Oil Plastic Tip Dipstick Stuck Inside The Engine by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 01, 2018
If it were my car I would be dropping the oil pan.

Not because it needs it (there's no way that the piece can make it past the strainer) but I am an Autoist and I wouldn't be able to live with myself .

(1) (Reply)

The 2020 Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge Now In Nigeria / Renew Car Papers On Autoreg / Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.