Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. (33263 Views)

Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... / Milky Stuff On My Engine Dipstick- What Does This Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by somez(m): 5:03pm On May 15, 2022
Greetings everyone. Please I am writing this with a worried heart. I left my car with my mechanic to change oil and left to buy some other things for the car servicing. Coming back, behold I found my mechanic ( he's boy actually) pouring the engine oil through the dipstick! I almost collapsed. Though I drove the car home with no issues, I'm still very worried. Would this cause any damage to the engine?

Thanks and appreciate your response.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Kingdemu: 6:00pm On May 15, 2022
Na syringe him use? cheesy

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by diportivo: 6:34pm On May 15, 2022
somez:
Greetings everyone. Please I am writing this with a worried heart. I left my car with my mechanic to change oil and left to buy some other things for the car servicing. Coming back, behold I found my mechanic ( he's boy actually) pouring the engine oil through the dipstick! I almost collapsed. Though I drove the car home with no issues, I'm still very worried. Would this cause any damage to the engine?

why u wan collapse?

na there dem dey pass pour all diahatsu cars oil

your mecho's boy is in order

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by somez(m): 7:50pm On May 15, 2022
I pray ooo... thanks
diportivo:

why u wan collapse?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by somez(m): 7:52pm On May 15, 2022
Lol.. no o. From galon o and everythinggot in
Kingdemu:
Na syringe him use? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by fineboynl(m): 8:38pm On May 15, 2022
No cause for alarm. It's the same thing.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Praxis758: 2:09am On May 16, 2022
That’s a practical example of THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.

That guy just demonstrated an alternative means of proffering solution incase the usual or conventional doesn’t work.

That guy would be a better president because Nigeria needs a president who can multitask and use unconventional to achieve great success.

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by NwaAmaikpe: 2:11am On May 16, 2022
shocked

Just like in insemination, the only aim is to get the semen in; either through a syringe, a tube or straight from the preek.
There's no difference between a normally ejaculated baby and an artificially inseminated one.

So as long as he changed the oil filter, you shouldn't be bothered how the new oil got into into the engine.

146 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by jazon(m): 2:11am On May 16, 2022
grin
Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:14am On May 16, 2022
It is not something overly drastic,
Just make sure you keep an eye on your oil level as often as possible if you have a leak.

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Belcon(m): 2:15am On May 16, 2022
Mech. Boy in good shape and brain

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by HIPROFILE(m): 2:16am On May 16, 2022
Praxis758:
That’s a practical example of THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.

That guy just demonstrated an alternative means of proffering solution incase the usual or conventional doesn’t work.

That guys would be a better president because Nigeria needs a president who can multitask and use unconventional to achieve great success.

I think the act is counterproductive as it will consume more time why not open the engine top and pour in from there seeing that sef I may think he did not remove the oil filter or did he also drained the oil through the dipstick pipe?

Perhaps the car’s engine room is so sophisticated that he does not know where supposed oil inlet is.

Most of these mechanics na junkies

22 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by NNTR: 2:18am On May 16, 2022
somez:

To sin by silence, when they should protest, makes cowards of men

Why didnt you protest? Why didnt you correct him?
Why didnt you ask him what's the reason, why he didnt pour the oil into the car's engine, using the opening next to the dipstick?
You could have pointed out the picture shown below to him and ask what's the reason, why that entry point wasnt used?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by iamezekwesiri: 2:19am On May 16, 2022
Your fear should be the guaging. Monitor the oil level to be sure please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Awesomeking: 2:20am On May 16, 2022
That's actually a life hack meant to avoid spilling.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Nobody: 2:20am On May 16, 2022
grin grin grin

Something he could have changed from the radiator coolant reservoirs .

Kazeem’s never learn.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Nobody: 2:29am On May 16, 2022
angry
Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Aboguede(m): 2:29am On May 16, 2022
Your fear seems not to be just the oil pouring grin we here to hear stories shocked
Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by gaby(m): 2:30am On May 16, 2022
And this is supposed to be a topic worthy of front-page?

Na wa
Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Teejaydswagger: 2:41am On May 16, 2022
Firstly… how did he remove the formal oil from the engine. Because he needs to remove the oil before replacing another

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Africanpride123(m): 2:42am On May 16, 2022
First tell me, what is the make and year of car?

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by Authoreety: 2:47am On May 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by chibu4u2(m): 2:52am On May 16, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Just like in insemination, the only aim is to get the semen in; either through a syringe, a tube or straight from the preek.
There's no difference between a normally ejaculated baby and an artificially inseminated one.

So as long as he changed the oil filter, you shouldn't be bothered how the new oil got into into the engine.

Insane but true analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by meobizy(f): 2:55am On May 16, 2022
This is like sticking it in the wrong hole. The objective of enjoyment will still happen. I honestly forgot there was an assigned inlet for pouring oil.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by officialwdhtv: 3:01am On May 16, 2022
Quite insane but it would definitely go into the engine to the right places... na baba tor obor promax u go so o lmao

Quite brilliant of the boy anyways...a future problem solver

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by stephenponti(m): 3:14am On May 16, 2022
somez:

If you breathe in from the nostril or the mouth what matters is that the oxygen gets to the lungs. You will stay alive, so long that you did not breath in Bad or toxic air.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by oyeb15: 3:14am On May 16, 2022
Not bad. ATF is poured through dipstick too. Maybe he didn't want to waste time removing those rug and plastics that cover the engine of new vehicles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by stephenponti(m): 3:16am On May 16, 2022
meobizy:
This is like sticking it in the wrong hole. The objective of enjoyment will still happen. I honestly forgot there was an assigned inlet for pouring oil.

shocked
Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by IDIOTmoderators: 3:16am On May 16, 2022
diportivo:

why u wan collapse?

Are you sure he drained the old oil?

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. by IDIOTmoderators: 3:17am On May 16, 2022
gaby:
And this is supposed to be a topic worthy of front-page?

Na wa
Check my moniker!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Fined For Strapping Car To A Hot Air Balloon & Flying It 98ft Over The City / Drunk Driver Hits Someone, Car Somersaults As He Tries To Escape (Photos) / Moment Massive Flooding Almost Sweeps Away A Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.