Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Religious Blackmail - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Religious Blackmail (917 Views)

Genotype Issue. Please Be Rational ( I Am Not A Religious Person) / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Blackmail by Vivianoasis(f): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2018
I wonder why Nigerians are so easily brainwashed. The rate at which fake men and women of God are swindling people all in the name of giving solutions to their problem is alarming. People now worship their fellow men.

You go to a pastor to share your problems and the next thing is you need to bring a certain amount for deliverance or you need to sow a huge seed. They always have a story to back their claims. They ddon't even care if you have the money or how you plan to get it and because you have fallen for their lies, you run helter-skelter looking for money you don't have.

There was this video that went viral some years back with some guy having sex with a lady in an uncompleted building and the lady could be heard screaming "power wonder" or so. The Story that made the rounds then was that the lady was seeking for solutions in order to conceive and bear a child. Please, if sex was the solution to her problem why didn't she go back home to her husband so they can get to work? Why does the fake man of God have to sleep with her before she can get pregnant?

I see some people who go about wearing adverts of church programmes on their body, that's up to such individuals no doubt but the fact that they have to buy that advert vest from the church thereby enriching the pastor is absurd! The fact that you do that doesn't make you a better person before God if you still have all the bad characters the bible encourages us to stop.

I was walking down the street some years back in Lagos and a man was preaching his version of the bible and as soon as I approached him he said any lady that wears male clothing like trousers/pants will go to hell. I stopped and faced him squarely and asked him to show me where it was written in the bible that trouser was meant for men only. He stood still and was looking at me. I went ahead to tell him that anyone who misquotes or misinterpret the scriptures to mislead anyone will go to hell. After saying that, I walked away.

When faced with challenges in life, learn to deal with it as a human by seeking for meaningful solutions not running to multiple places. Pray to God yourself if its a problem that warrants you to call on him. Most often our issues are compounded the moment we start talking to the wrong people. A person who is out to swindle you will definitely take advantage of your weakness so be mindful where you seek help.

There are genuine men and women of God out there no doubt and sometimes we need their opinions as our spiritual guides. We just need to mind who we run to in our times of desperation. Doesn't it bother you that despite all the numerous churches, Ori-Oke, pastors, prophets out there our problems are still multiplying daily? If all problems can be solved by prayers alone am very sure Nigeria would have been a paradise on earth.

I think the major issue we have in this country is that we are too lazy to act. We want answers but don't want to work to get the answers so we seek the easy way out. We all want a better government in Nigeria and the elections are coming very soon. Instead of churches to sensitize its congregation on the importance of getting their PVC to kick out the bad leaders, they will capitalize on it to declare programmes to pray the nation out of its problems and make money via offerings. Faith without work is meaningless.

Its time to wake up and act right!

Stop allowing people brainwash you !!

Read between the lines and see things as they truly are!!!

Take a stand to solve your problems the right way!!!!

https://nakedwithvivian.com/2018/06/28/religious-blackmail/

5 Likes

Re: Religious Blackmail by Vivianoasis(f): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
Re: Religious Blackmail by Vivianoasis(f): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: Religious Blackmail by Vivianoasis(f): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Religious Blackmail by Vivianoasis(f): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2018

(1) (Reply)

If You Speak With The Right Diction Your Child Will Speak Right Too / / Help My Son Win An Online Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.