Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Twist Of Fate. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twist Of Fate. (63465 Views)

Twist Of Fate / ***A Twist Of Choices*** / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twist Of Fate. by Ibunkun1(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2018
Abeg This Nicolas Na Animaaaaal.Abeg Save lydia E Don Too Much
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Ralupresh(f): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2018
Lydia is in deep shit... besides who gets aroused by the sight of blood..�. Lydia got her self into this mess Buh I guess she has learnt her lesson already......

thumbs up to the writer for a wonderful piece
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2018
Nonye

Clad in a bum pant and a crop top, she matched lively down the stairs with a cup of juice and phone on her ear. Settling on the couch, she sipped from the cup still listening to the person on the other end.

“Alright, see you when I see you.” She said and dropped the call.

Picking the TV remote control from the table, she changed the channel to Zee world before relaxing back. She smiled to herself robbing her hand over her tummy. Yes, her plans were falling into shape and it was only a matter of time. She already missed her period and upon that, her organs have started reacting mostly noticeable on her boobs. She hasn’t heard from him since their last sexcapede but she wasn’t so much worried, very soon, he will be flooding her phone with calls. She’d definitely wait a little more before going to get a test result.

Richard

Everybody was on his neck about the preparation for his upcoming wedding. Calls were coming in from everywhere asking what is going on and yet he didn’t have the slightest answer to give. It has gotten to the extent that friends and family are thinking that he is developing a cold feet. He was running out of excuse to give and if he didn’t do anything, the truth will be out sooner.

He was still with his thought when his phone rang. On sighting the caller, he sighed and relaxed back knowing that things were becoming real serious.

“Hello Dad”

His father hardly invites him during weekdays for a discussion and that he just did. Without hesitation, he picked his phone and left.

He rode the elevator thinking of the excuse to give his father with regards to the delay in his wedding plan. His old man isn’t one that usually involves himself in such talks but anything time he gets involved; it always takes a whole new level. He’d been searching for the excuse to give him but few steps to his office he was yet to come up with something concrete.

Lydia

She was bleeding out as the nurses wheeled her to the emergency room with her help running after them crying. She was doing her chores when she had the ruckus going on in her madam’s room. She’d left what she was doing and rushed up to meet the horrible scene. She had watched as her boss manhandled his wife before raping her. After having his fill, he’d left her in the pool of her own blood unconcerned. That wasn’t the first time she had watched him beat her up but that was the first time she was seeing such a horrible thing.

After he left, she had rushed out to call a cab and with the help of the gate keeper, they had carried her to the car which brought her to the hospital.

She squatted at the door to the emergency room crying. She knew that the man she walked for was an animal but didn’t know he was that horrible. She hasn’t seen such a thing and the fear of her boss’ life gripped her. She didn’t know what to do or who to call if anything should happen to her boss. For the whole time she’d lived with them she hasn’t seen any of her relative or friends. At first she had wondered how a lady like her boss could live a life of no wok, friends or family, but, it wasn’t long before her doubts were cleared; she’d gotten involved with the devil.
She sprang up and rushed towards the doctor who just came out from the ward where her madam was admitted. Stopping few steps ahead of him she clasped her hands around her bossom shaking as the doctor stared at her expressionless.

“Please, how is she?” she asked breaking the silence.

“What happened to her?” he asked ignoring her question.

“I… eee.” She stuttered.

“How are you related to her?” he continued.

“I am her help?”

“I need to see her family members?” she concluded and walked past her in quick strides while she ran after him crying.

Apart from her boss’s husband she didn’t know any other person as she’d never seen her madam with any friend or relative. Who was she going to call? She doesn’t see herself going back to the house to meet the monster. Worst been that her madams phone was at home and to get it she must have to go home.

Rose

It had been few days since they talked and it seemed like years already. She’d actually been suppressing the urge to call him every day. It had been difficult but she had to bury herself into her work in order to assuage the urge. Despite the attraction and feeling she wanted to take it slow, though she was falling deeper into him. Things would have been different if the issues surrounding her past relationship has been resolved but until then, she was going to put a cog to it.

She was having a busy day going through some files and making series of calls. She’d been on it since morning and was beginning to get tired. Straightening up, she yawned relaxing back to the chair and just then her phone started ringing. Looking at the caller, she hesitated before reaching out for the phone. Her mum hardly calls. Taking a deep breath she swiped on the green icon.

“Hello?”

TBC

5 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by izaray(f): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for updating, God bless!

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2018
David

He just came out from an interview that looked promising. The past few days had seen him preparing for the interview that he virtually had nothing to eat or think about anybody. As he exited the company he pulled out his phone and dialed her number. Though he has been busy but he missed her and wanted to hear from her.

“Hey!” he said as the line connected.

“Hi” her voice came excited from the other end of the phone.

“Seems like someone missed me.”

“And who could that be?” she threw back at him.

“I don’t know but someone sounds excited like……”

“Like what?”

“Like…… how are you?” he diverted.

“No..” she screamed into his ears. “I aint taking that.”

“Alright alright excited like she missed me.”

“Look at you, well I did miss you a bit.”

“Yea.. a bit sounds ok. Missed you more than a bit.”

“Yea right but you haven’t called to show.”

“Sorry about that. I have been busy preparing for an interview which I just came out from now.”

“Interview? Didn’t know…….” She trailed off realizing there was so much they didn’t know about each other.”

“Yea… I know you don’t, so much we don’t know about each other.”

“Ummm!!!..” she started but he cut in before she could finish.

“Rose?” he called.

“Yea..” she answered with anticipation.

“Can I take you to dinner?”

“Yeeeeeee!!!” she screamed into his ears. “Are you asking me out on a date?”

“Seems like that is what I just did.”

He’d been reluctant about taking that step. He didn’t want it to seem like he was pushing too far. Though they’ve had something but he didn’t want to be seen as the one catching feeling.

“Ummmhh!!.. Dave can we reschedule?” she started. “I have some family meeting to attend.”

“Ohh!! That hurts.” He joked.

“C’mon, please understand, I regret that this meeting had to come up coincidentally.”

“It’s ok, I understand.”

“Will make it up to you.”

“Hey don’t sound like you owe me or something.”

“Yea I know but will still make it up to you.” She persisted.

They talked more before saying the goodbyes. He had mixed feelings as he took a byke heading home, maybe he shouldn’t have asked. He wasn’t sure how she was going to take it and what the outcome of it all was going to be like. Well that was it, he asked and whatever happens after it’s up to her.

Rose

The call from her mum was actually to notify her that she was in the country and would like to meet at home. She knows that whatever she was calling her for must have to do with her proposed marriage and to know the level of preparation.

Nonye

She closed the door to her car and heaved a big sigh placing the envelope on her laps. She already knows the result of the test she ran even before it came out. The signs had been there; the sudden weakness, nausea and other subtle signs of early pregnancy. Dipping her hand into the envelope, she pulled out the white paper and smiled at it. It was time to kick start her plans. She picked her phone beside her and type a message, “WE NEED TO SEE; IT IS IMPORTANT” and sent to him. Placing the envelope on the side seat, she turned the key on the ignition and drove off.

Richard

His phone beeped just at the right time. The tension in the room was strong and he so much needed something to lightened it. His father; a man of few words has been asking him deep question which he couldn’t find justifiable answers to leaving him rambling.

His countenance contoured as he read the message without knowing that his father’s eyes were on him. He murmured a curse before looking up to meet his fathers’ gaze.

“What is it son?”

“Umm… Emm…” he stuttered, “It’s nothing, just some work issues.”

“Work issues?”

“Yes Dad, it’s nothing,”

“Ok. For what it’s worth,” his dad started, “You have not given me any convincing answer as to why there is a delay in your marriage plan. I don’t get myself in anything of shame which you very well know. So if you are developing a cold feet, I’d advise you come out clean and we would know how to handle it.”

“Dad I am not developing a cold feet. The truth is that we are having a little issue, asides that everything remains intact.”

“I have my doubts but I will leave you to it.”

“I will take care of it Dad. He reassured him before relaxing back to the seat.”

TBC

5 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2018
Good Morning Friends

The comments have been encouraging grin well done guys.

Be that as it may, I know my English and writing skill is not perfect so I need corrections in order to learn and improve. Make una no make me believe say e perfect die grin grin

@ Adesina12, izaray, Liztinted, Ralupresh, tijehi, donielord, ericbertrand..... I sight you all dropping the comments as e dey hot..... lets do more

Let me run back to work.... See y'all soon.

You guys have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Twist Of Fate. by pacifust058(m): 10:38am On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for the update, bro
I can't wait to get another
Re: Twist Of Fate. by aprilwise(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for the updates.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by okpahe(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2018
damn, ah cn stp evrytin am doin 2 read dis piece, man u'r gud... big upz..
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Hurklan(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
thanks for the wonderful update, give us more please
Re: Twist Of Fate. by izaray(f): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
purityval:
Good Morning Friends

Be that as it may, I know my English and writing skill is not perfect so I need corrections in order to learn and improve. Make una no make me believe say e perfect die grin grin

@ Adesina12, izaray, Liztinted, Ralupresh, tijehi, donielord, ericbertrand..... I sight you all dropping the comments as e dey hot..... lets do more

You've got no qualms dear, just keep the update coming as e dey hot cheesy
Re: Twist Of Fate. by donielord(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
purityval:
Good Morning Friends

Your head dey there jarey bro
Re: Twist Of Fate. by sunkieisland(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
purityval:
Good Morning Friends

Your simplicity is extraordinary.

Nice write-up

BIG UPS
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Adesina12: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
purityval:
Good Morning Friends

Well done bro.
I no get time for grammar correction, mine is to read and enjoy...shikenna grin
Sweet popcorn for you my friend
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Nogodye(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
You're damn good...keep it up bro
Re: Twist Of Fate. by tijehi(f): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2018
I love this story. Please finish it here o.
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Belbad(m): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2018
purityval:
Good Morning Friends

hot meat pie and sobo for you,u r outstanding
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Adesina12: 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Give us something palatable tonight nau...@Op
Re: Twist Of Fate. by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
Keep it coming bro
Re: Twist Of Fate. by donielord(m): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
bros please na coman update
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Yuneehk(f): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
purityval:
Good Morning Friends

Asides places where you used walked instead of worked, taught instead of thought, you aren't doing bad. These are the only ones I've seen.
Saw the title and thought someone has come with Zee world's Pragya and Abhi sh*t grin I'm glad I clicked on the thread but don't leave us hanging, and we'll start begging for updates biko! Weldone, and fire on jare cheesy
Re: Twist Of Fate. by donielord(m): 12:47am On Jul 13, 2018
OP hope no problem shaa We've not been hearing from you for days. Abii you go watch Final for Russia nii? cool
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2018
O! My!! Sorry guys.

I have been on a very tight schedule and stuffs.

Something dropping soon.

Thanks @ donielord for asking. I'm fin jare just work ish..

Yuneehk thanks for the corrections. You are bae grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2018
Nonye

She’d been checking her phone continuously since she sent him the message; he’d neither called nor replied. She had thought he was going to call her immediately the message delivered but that seemed not to be the case. She was moved to call him but had a rethink; she still has the ace card and would wait to use it to her favor.

Rose

She has never had a good rapport with her mother and as they sat at the family sitting room it was very awkward. She’d resorted to looking round the large sitting room while her mother was busy with her ipad raising her head from it at interval to ask her for some minutes.

It had been a while she visited the main house so the new fittings held her attention. She would give anything just to be done with whatever she had to discuss with her. Taking a look at her time, she looked up at her mother and sighed silently clearing he throat at the same time.

“I am sorry,” she apologized raising her head from the ipad finally. “I was …….” She started but Rose cut her short respectfully.

“It’s ok, you don’t have to explain.”

They stared at each other for a moment without words before Rose looked away. She would have held her gaze if they had any deep connection but….. On the other end, her mother had regrets weighing her down. She’d given up her daughter in pursuit of wealth, now she has all that money could afford but not her daughters love or affection. She wasn’t known to be one that shows emotions but if only she could turn the hands of time.

“How are you Rosemary?” she asked breaking the silence hanging around them.

“I am fine.” She shrugged still avoiding her gaze.

She can’t even call her mum. She winced in her heart.

“How is your marriage plans coming up?”

Right on spot she thought, exactly what she was waiting for.

“There is no marriage or plans coming up.” She replied nonchalantly looking up to hold her mums gaze because she wanted it to sink in.

Her reply threw her off for a moment but she didn’t show it. She let a moment of silence pass before heaving a deep sigh.

“What is the problem?”

She’d had it. She has actually told her exactly the situation of things and wouldn’t want to sit there explaining anything to her. If she needs any further explanation, she should call Richard. Picking her keys and bag she stood up and straightened her gown.

“With all due respect, I will be taking my leave now.” With that she headed towards the door and left. At the end it was easier than she’d expected.

Favor

She watched her boss lying unconsciously not knowing if she was going to make it out alive or not. She held her hand crying and thinking of what to do. She had actually gone home and luckily for her the demon wasn’t at home. She’d picked the phone and left as fast as she could. Sniffing, she pulled her hand away and walked out from the ward. She needs to do something instead of sitting and crying.

Leaning on the wall, she scrolled through her boss’ call log. She could only see a particular number occupying her call log. She clicked on the call history and couldn’t make out anything from that. She seemed to have been calling the number but there is no record that they have actually talked as the call timer indicated zero.

She contemplated for while before deciding to call the number and see where it leads.

David

He was having difficulty sleeping. He was feeling tensed and unsettled. He’d been expecting to hear from the company which he had interview but they have not contacted him yet. He was beginning to doubt if actually his excellent performance was going to land him the job. They had told him that they were going to get back to him but till that moment….nothing. He sighed again rolling to the end of the wall placing his bare back to the wall. The cold temperature of the wall sometimes has a way of sorting him to sleep.

The wall therapy didn’t work as he stretched reaching out for his phone to check his messages box again. He contemplated on calling Rose but deemed it to be late as his time said 11:30pm. Placing the phone away gently, he picked a pillow to cover his head when the phone started ringing. He jumped and immediately and reached out to the phone with all hopes that it was the expected call but the caller ID gave him the shock of his life; LYDIA. He stared at the phone as it kept ringing bringing back all the memories that were slowly fading away. His pulse was racing a bit as he watched the call ring to the end without answering. The call came again few seconds after the first ring. It had been like seven months and now she was calling him by that time of the night. Clearing his throat, he flipped his finger on the green icon and placed the phone on his ear.

“Hello.” He heard a quaking voice. It didn’t sound like Lydia. He could recorgnize her voice even in slumber. The voice sounded tired and unsure.

“Hello, who are you?” He asked.

“My name is Favor….?”

“Favor what can I do for you?”

“Its my madam, she is dying… she is admitted in the hospital and is in coma.” She cried subtly. His heart beat increased immediately. So many thoughts rushed into his mind.

“Who is your madam?”

“Lydia.. madam Lydia.” The girl cried from her end.

“What is wrong.. what happened to her?” he asked trying to keep calm but everything in him was already on hyper.

“Please you need to come to the hospital…. The doctor said I should call her relatives.”

“But I am not……..” he started trailing off. “Which hospital are you?”

TBC

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by pacifust058(m): 9:42am On Jul 13, 2018
Nice one.. please update quick and thanks for this one
Re: Twist Of Fate. by purityval(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2018
Nonye

She adjusted her short as she stepped out from the elevator. She was on a bum short and crop top with a kimono. She was hot and she knows. She had chosen her outfit knowing what effect she was going to have on him. He won’t be able to resist her but she was going to turn him down because the game was about to start.

Stepping into the secretary’s office she smiled at the lady behind the computer. She knows that the lady doesn’t like her but has kept it professional and always tried to smile.

“Good day ma’am.” The lady replied her greeting raising her head from the computer with her professional smile intact.

“Is Richard in?” she asked. Though she already saw his car parked but she wanted to be formal.

“Yes, but he said not be disturbed.”

“Not to be disturbed?” she repeated some thoughts running through her head. Maybe he is with a girl. “Is someone with him?” she meant to sound casual but her tune of voice flatly betrayed her.

“No”

“Kindly tell him that I am here to see him and it is important.” She submitted subtly resting her hand on the table.

The secretary picked the intercom and dialed a number. After speaking for some seconds, she dropped the phone and gave her the go ahead.

“Thank you.” She said with a smile walking towards Richards office.

Richard

He got pissed on hearing that she was around to see him. Haven’t she done enough damages already? He would have told his secretary not to let her in but didn’t want to put her in such position and look childish.

“What are you doing here?” he asked immediately she walked in.

“I sent you a message two days ago and you didn’t reply?” she retorted waving off his question.

“That should have told you that I am not interested in replying or having anything to do with you.”

“Really? After all we have had.”

“We had nothing, whatever we had was just sex and it has destroyed the most important thing I have in my life,” He started removing his eyes from her. His organs were reacting to the sight of her. “Don’t you see the damage you have done already?” he cried defeated.

She knew her game and was going to play it right. Standing from the couch, she walked slowly around the table and stood before him.

“Richard listen to what you are saying to me. I was just a sex object to you? Richard I love, I have always. I gave my all and everything to you. Why treat me this way?” she said letting drops of tears escape her eyes.

“Nonye….” He started but the words stuck to his throat as he gaped at her fresh laps leading to the outline of her crotch. His dick was already gorged and her sensual scent oozing into his nose weren’t making it any easy for him. Circling his hand around her waist, he drew her closer to sit on his laps but she maintained her standing position between his parted laps making sure that her bared midriff was all he could see.

He couldn’t fight the will to resist her as he kissed her midriff pulling her deeper into himself. Smiling above his head, she allowed him have a little moment before pulling away from him.

“I know I mean nothing to you but you mean the world to me,” she started tearing up while walking back to the couch. “I just came to tell you that I my pregnant.” She concluded breaking down completely shedding her fake tears.

“You are what?” he shouted shocked. “No you can’t be, you can’t.” he said walking around to hold her hands.

“I am Richard and I am scared and ashamed, I am so ashamed of myself.”

“Nonye listen to me. You can’t be pregnant for me. Have you gone for a test?” he asked trying to get himself under control.

She nodded in affirmative leaning into him sobbing like a baby.

“How many weeks, months gone?”

“Three weeks.”

His thought went back immediately and the last encounter they had came rushing into his mind. He relaxed back on the couch and sighed defeated.

“Nonye listen to me, you have to get rid of it before it becomes obvious.” he said with pleading eyes.

“What?” she started moving away from him. “What did you just say?”

“Nonye please, I will give you anything you want, any amount, just get rid of it. This is going to ruin me, my reputation and everything. For Christ sake, Nonye I am set to be married to your best friend and I don’t even know where I stand with her now and now this.” He raised his hands in frustration.

“You….” She hung on her word for a moment. “I can’t have an abortion, I can’t. From where I stand I am the one that is ruined, I am the one whose reputation is on the line, I am the one having the short end of the stick. You know what? I don’t need your money and instead of you thinking of a marriage that is lost already you should start channeling your thoughts elsewhere because the pregnancy is here and not there.”

“Nonye we can’t get married. My family, friends, everybody that we know will hate us for this betrayal. We have done enough damages already, why don’t we cut our losses now.”

“We can’t get married but you can get me pregnant?” she asked. “What will you family and friends say if they get to know that you are advising me for an abortion at this moment. I didn’t know you are such a coward. You know what? When you are ready to act like a man and own up to what you want and your responsibility, you know where to find me. The earlier we get started on something meaningful, the better. Have a nice day.” She concluded dropping the test result on his laps before making for the door.

He sighed regrettably running his hand through his hair. Reaching out for his intercom, he pulled it and pressed a button.

“Clear my schedules.” He ordered as the line connected.

TBC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twist Of Fate. by yewande1234(f): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2018
tnx 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by pacifust058(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks for the update, we need more please

1 Like

Re: Twist Of Fate. by donielord(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2018
purityval:
O! My!! Sorry guys.
I have been on a very tight schedule and stuffs.

Something dropping soon.

Thanks @ donielord for asking. I'm fin jare just work ish..

Yuneehk thanks for the corrections. You are bae grin
you welcome bro
Re: Twist Of Fate. by donielord(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2018
omo......... This Nonye sabi oooo grin
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Hurklan(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
as e dey hot, u dey burst my brain Purityval... ride on bro...
Re: Twist Of Fate. by Oscilo1(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
grin angry oh my God I love this story like kilode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

TORN (based On A True Life Story) / What Is The Difference Between Learnt And Learned? / ***total Love***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.