Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) (2208 Views)

Facebook Has New Emoji, But They Are Very Scary (See Screenshot) / This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. / How Can I Install Google Playstore Coolpad Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by TechCapon(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
@TechCapon

Instagram lite, the ‘lite’ version of the popular app Instagram just appeared on Google playstore few minutes ago and it already has 500 downloads. Instagram has been on Android for a very long time now and there has been so much concerns on how heavy the App is because it consumes much data, battery and takes it’s toll on the phone as well. This concerns have made a lot of people shy away from the App. Finally Facebook, the parent company of Instagram has listened to the complaints and decided to come up with the Lite version of Instagram just like Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite. This is indeed good news to social media lovers as they can now enjoy Instagram at a much lower data rate. Instagram’s main application is weighs around 32MB, while the ‘Lite’ version weighs only 573KB. However, don’t expect to enjoy the full features available in the main version. This version of the app lets you view both photos and stories on Instagram, while it also allows you to use the Explore tab, but you can’t share videos through it. Direct messaging is also not included in this application.Note that there are other "Lite" versions of Instagram on playstore but those Apps are not developed by Instagram itself, but this version is developed by Instagram. I tried downloading the App to see how it feels like and possibly do a good review about it but unfortunately I was told the App is not available in my country!

There’s no official statement from Instagram about the app at the time of writing this post but an Instagram spokesperson said that the company has only started testing this app in Mexico this week, so it’s possible that its availability is limited to Mexico for the time being, we are eagerly waiting for an official statement from the company very soon. I’m sure after the testing is completed, the App will roll out on the global market. http://techcapon.com/ will however continue to monitor this as it unfolds and will keep you updated as soon it hits Nigeria,I've already added it to my wish list!

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/instagram-lite-just-hit-google-playstore-but-not-for-nigerians-yet/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by johnnyholtby(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Just download hola vpn...launch it and select USA when you want launch play store inside the vpn... works like charm

5 Likes

Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by TechCapon(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Just download hola vpn...launch it and select USA when you want launch play store inside the vpn... works like charm
wicked guy ! grin Somehow I've been able to lay my hands on the APK file although I've not installed it. I use Turbo VPN.
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
The two guys above me <before the Hi guy> they be like "we use VPN but we are not keyboard warriors"
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by Simeony007(m): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
That is why you should have vpn
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by TechCapon(m): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
Simeony007:
That is why you should have vpn
I tell you. No more discrimination based on country of residence or origin
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by TuborTee143: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
I really dont know much about these stuffs but does the VPN work for spotify?
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by teamsynergy: 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
TuborTee143:
yea

1 Like

Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by Donsammi(m): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by carlede: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2018
You can't send dms and do live stories with this..
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by TechCapon(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2018
yes it works
TuborTee143:

1 Like

Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by MarkWayne89: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
I remember travelling to Vietnam and I was told by the locals that Facebook and basically all social media apps/websites were banned. Now it's an open secret that everyone uses a VPN to bypass it.
Re: Instagram Lite Just Hit Google Playstore But Not For Nigerians Yet. (screenshot) by TuborTee143: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
TechCapon:
yes it works

Awwww that's great... Please kindly put me through on how to go about it undecided

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Camon 11 Is Worth Your Money ? / What You Don't Know About Computer Village / Data Usage: How I'm "Managing" My Internet Cost Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.