Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. (20847 Views)

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data / If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing / How Can I Install Google Playstore Coolpad Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by TechCapon(m): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2018
TechCapon

I have received multiple questions on how to install apps from third party developers (UNTRUSTED SOURCES) outside the Google playstore but I want to warn that installing apps outside the playstore or Apple app store is a PRETTY BAD IDEA. I know that sometimes, big game developers such as EPIC GAMES refuse to sell their games via the playstore because they don’t want to pay the 30% commission that Google demands for selling games via the playstore. They want you to download directly from their websites for example the newly released FORTNITE games. They call it “sideloading”. A lot of people download games and apps outside the Google Playstore without considering the risks involved. Android is open source so they only warn you but won’t stop you from installing the games and this is why people think iPhone is more secure that Android. Apple forbids it’s users from installing free apps outside the app store and they make it extremely difficult to do so. They have good reasons and that’s why I want to show you the dangers of installing outside the playstore.

1. Google security scan:

Every app on the Google Playstore goes through security scan and any malicious app is immediately deleted and removed from the playstore. This makes the playstore the most secure source to get your apps and games for Android devices. Any app not on the playstore does not undergo this security scan and you have no way of knowing if it’s a good one or not.

2. Malware and virus:

Most of those links you see online takes you directly to malicious sites where you can easily install spyware, malware or virus that can not only damage your device but expose your sensitive data such as contacts, bank details etc to hackers. You may even download a copy of the game that actually works on your device but does damage in the background. Malwares and spywares could use your phone cameras to spy on you or even worse. This is one of the reasons we warn you not to install or sideload apps from “Unknown sources”.

3. Too many fake apps out there:

No matter how you look at it, there’s always a risk involved when installing apps from Untrusted sources. There’s too many malicious apps that you can’t really tell the different between the real ones and the fake ones. Imagine a game that wants you to “grant access” to your contacts, WTF ? What has your contacts get to do with a game and so many other suspicious behavior. The URL can easily be swapped and automatically redirects you where a virus will be installed automatically into your device in a matter of seconds !

If you are really stubborn about it and wants to bypass Google Playstore and install such games maybe because it’s a free version, well make sure you update your Android OS to the latest version (OREO) first, it has more security features than older versions and honestly I wish you luck in your new adventure.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-is-why-you-stop-installing-games-and-apps-outside-playstore/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by emmabest2000(m): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2018
Tell us what we didn’t know

As for picture below
Like if you used it
Share if you didn’t

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Prevhoo: 6:38am On Aug 07, 2018
Good

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by tammie24: 6:38am On Aug 07, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Omoalhaja77: 6:39am On Aug 07, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Sunofgod(m): 6:39am On Aug 07, 2018
We don hear...
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Fierce11: 6:40am On Aug 07, 2018
True but not good enough... i would rather download from apk4fun than playstore. Besides, playstore like removing some older versions of apps and games.. Like where can you find fifa 14 on playstore? Apk for fun and mobogenie are my download options but playstore is simply for upgrades.
I would be downloading an sizeable app and a call comes in.. Next thing is for playstore to pause your app download which would never continue and sometimes, it would just cancel it. I am sorry but playstore is not reliable

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by mycar: 6:40am On Aug 07, 2018
Insightful , thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by lascopes(m): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2018
Are there no fake apps in the app store? Abeg leave that thing jawe

13 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Bossontop(m): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2018
undecided
So how i go take stream free tv with apps like mobdro and other wonderful apps wey no dey play store??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by lawalosky(m): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2018
one thing must kill a man and so our phone.....
imagine wasting 200Mb and my precious time to download pes2018 at play store, and at the end got something I didn't expect...
WTF
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Waffarianman(m): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2018
Somehow i still prefer 3rd party. Morning NL

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Monaco2(m): 6:42am On Aug 07, 2018
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by ZarahBuhari: 6:42am On Aug 07, 2018
[img]https:///media/2-10-2018/Dl9r1j.gif[/img]

Stop tryna impose Apple Policy on Google

Google is way ahead of Apple...

Android - Open Source (Freedom to do whatsoever)
iOS - Close Source (In chains)

16 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by jaxxy(m): 6:42am On Aug 07, 2018
I once downloaded a music file and instead of the usual mp3 or wma file it downloaded an .exe(application) file and was now asking me to alter my security settings to run the supposed music file. I just deleted the trash immediately.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Jakasibo(m): 6:44am On Aug 07, 2018
But there are so many useless apps on Google play store Na
Are they not scrutinized by Google?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by toocoded: 6:44am On Aug 07, 2018
Well, all I can say is use ur tongue to count ur teeth
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by sulakishop(m): 6:44am On Aug 07, 2018
Noted
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by johnmattew: 6:45am On Aug 07, 2018
this post is obviously sponsored by Google

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Offpoint: 6:45am On Aug 07, 2018
I download my app anywhere I want cuz most of my apps are criminals minded app play store wouldn't accept. There are thousands of fake apps on play store too and not every app is a 100% virus free. Talking about spying# who can beat google to that? about personal data, almost all of the apps on play store demand access to your phone contacts, location, message, pictures, call history and so on...

This thread is of no use to me honestly and appears as a sponsor post.

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 07, 2018
cheesy nice one

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by letsfarmnigeria: 6:49am On Aug 07, 2018
very true many people have lost very good phones due to virus infection

DO you really know that Agriculture is very fun to learn ?
log on to letsfarmnigeria..com to learn agriculture in a fun way, watch live videos from the farm and pics ask questions and get answers

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by kolafolabi(m): 6:50am On Aug 07, 2018
There are still many safe stores.. I download on palm store and I believe its safe too

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by lonngmann(m): 6:54am On Aug 07, 2018
The best apps are outside the play store.

Snaptube
Lucky patcher
Most exposed module apps

Just to mention a few

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by israelmao(m): 6:55am On Aug 07, 2018
To prevent hackers from feasting on you.
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by finnestdope(m): 6:55am On Aug 07, 2018
Play store does not have MODs

If you know, you know cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by abumeinben(m): 6:56am On Aug 07, 2018
OP,

I hope you know the monopolistic charges Alphabet (Google) was smashed last month by EU. I foresee same happening to play store policies. I don't see why lucky patcher shouldn't be on play store grin when Android/Google itself allowed rooting.

Look at wonderful productivity app like Mobile Uncle, not on play store, god of war ( ghost of Sparta and chains of Olympus) too.....too many.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by CassyDesigns(m): 6:57am On Aug 07, 2018
This post dey do me somehow for body.
To cut the long story short, this post is not for me.
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by ITbomb(m): 6:58am On Aug 07, 2018
Free apps from playstore are laden with ads.
And they are very annoying these days

I will rather get free from a trusted third-party
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by kiddoiLL(m): 6:59am On Aug 07, 2018
So as football Manager sweet reach, I go come need to pay Google play store to download am....abegiii
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Bigval5: 7:03am On Aug 07, 2018
Good piece i also download via Apkpure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone / My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. / Signs That You Are Completely Addicted To Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.