Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

JOS GOD( Dedicated To The Lost Lives) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / JOS GOD( Dedicated To The Lost Lives) (422 Views)

A Poem Written And Dedicated To Slave Trade Victims / Africa Bleeds (Dedicated To All Victims Of Insurgencies & Uprisings) / A Poem Dedicated To IDPs In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JOS GOD( Dedicated To The Lost Lives) by REDInks(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
All I saw was smoke and dust,
the air reeked of death
wailing mothers seek lost children
trying to gather what's left of their belongings and move quickly to the right
or be caught in the chaos that is left behind.

A woman running with just a towel across her chest,
calling out to her husband's lifeless body as it lay across the dust infested road,
till death do us part but his head has been set apart by another cause,
children!, children!....questions would cross their mind,
what was our offence for such sentence,
what was our deeds before these bodies were severed like broken contracts.
Who should we blame for this?, the masses would ask.
Should we blame security?, whose value is misplaced like the moral compass of those they pursue or we should blame the government?, whose ears have been infected to listen only to agendas, propaganda that whispers only the war of the polls.

Should we blame the Christians or the Muslims?,
should we blame God who watched this spectacle from up above,
should we blame Allah and the prophets, or we should blame oxygen for his vacation leave as the smoke and dust infested road romances lifeless bodies...

I can't keep up with this, I hear gunshots that seem closer than my heart's beat...
I have to keep moving in this dust and smoke infested road......

Dedicated to the lost lives in Jos, Benue and others who have witnessed one sort of pain or horror.

You remain in our prayers...
©Eazykiel

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lost Forever / Life Is Not Fair / Nights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.