Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire (49005 Views)

David Alaba: Ali Baba Reacts To Nigerian Coaches Asking For Bribe / Ali Baba Reacts To Falz "This Is Nigeria" Video: Everyone Is Criminal In Nigeria / Ali Baba Reacts To Photo Of Woman Kneeling Before, Monday Eyo, Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by Lexusgs430: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2018
Prayer WOULD never fix Nigeria. It's hightime we woke up to reality and start doing things right.......
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by SexytorresE(f): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2018
Fuels are supposed to be transported via trains � WTF is wrong with this country? cry

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by abbeyty(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, the nonsense we Christians do on that road is enough to attract the anger of natural disasters. Christians have claimed Ibadan expressway as their entitlement hereby causing traffic jams with irresponsible church programs that would have been banned in Saudi Arabia or other sane countries. If that tanker driver had not encountered traffic jam due to Christian churches on that road, he would have swerved into the bush and this wasted lives will be saved. Federal government should please ban churches on Lagos Ibadan expressway angry

Mumu, I just collected back the like i gave for this your post cuz i could see some elements of truth there but I came back for my like when i find out you were lying about your religion. Mind you, i did not collect my like back just cuz you are not a Christian, I got it back simply cuz you are a bloody lair

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by akaynezi: 7:33am On Jun 29, 2018
overambitious:
Dailytatafo.com

Veteran comedian Ali Baba has pen down a heart wrenching note in reaction to the tanker fire at Lagos Ibadan express which claimed many lives

He wrote

In organized societies, where traffic is a major issue, tankers and heavy duty vehicles move at night or at specified times. In developed climes, MOT agencies... are as serious as the police force. In some other climes, that have deep shores like we do, only one port can not be used for discharge of staples like fuel, and even then, fuel and transportation of inflammable contents are done in controlled methods. We are a Lawless country. If government tries to organize these same tankers now, they will go on strike, shut down the economy and day to day running, and we will let them continue. Same thing with teachers... try to get them to go get retrained and be bwtter qualified to teach, they will strike and wr are back to status quo. We do not punish people who even chop monies meant for projects. Projects that have been captured in the budget and monies released. The same people who chop the monies will now be in the ruling party and to prosecute them becomes a No No. And as nothing is done to them another person will do it. Just imagine. Nigerians died today because of avoidable precautions and failure to create policies and laws that have consequences that could have detered that tanker from being on that road. But no. Law makers dont care. The Executives no send and the JUDICIARY is not jailing them. Bet me, more tankers will fall. Nothing will be done. Nothing.

http://dailytatafo.com/you-cannot-pray-away-lawlessness-alibaba-lament-heavily-over-lagos-tanker-fire/

What do you expect from a poo hole country called "Nigeria" where Nothing works? Really saddening.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by congorasta: 7:41am On Jun 29, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, the nonsense we Christians do on that road is enough to attract the anger of natural disasters. Christians have claimed Ibadan expressway as their entitlement hereby causing traffic jams with irresponsible church programs that would have been banned in Saudi Arabia or other sane countries. If that tanker driver had not encountered traffic jam due to Christian churches on that road, he would have swerved into the bush and this wasted lives will be saved. Federal government should please ban churches on Lagos Ibadan expressway angry

must you start your trashy comments with been a born again Christian,

you need to grow up
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by ayo4dworld(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2018
Go over what you posted and read over and over again.. Thank God for the person that busted you to be a Muslim. You used Saudi Arabia as an example that don't accept Christian activities, we all know that, Saudi Arabia is an Islamic Nation. (that busted you first)

2. No reporter reported the occurrence as a result of any church activities because no activity was going on.. Look extensively on the cause of the accident that people already pointed out "failed brakes" and the possible solutions "Tankers, heavy duty trucks, containers, etc. to move at night"

3. Don't play religion in everything. You guys are just too full of hates and hate speech. Let me tell you something, no matter your hate speech or killings of Christians, it won't stop the movement of gospel of the Lord Jesus to the inner most part of the earth.

Can't you be peaceful for once as your religion claims?

GoTV:
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by ayo4dworld(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2018
He is not even one. A die hard Muslim starting with that phrase in order to be accepted. We ain't fools right here.

congorasta:

must you start your trashy comments with been a born again Christian,

you need to grow up
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by ImaIma1(f): 7:50am On Jun 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

We are really in a lawless country Alibaba

Idiotic Buhari kill at will and go scot free

Boko haram kill at will and go scot free

Fulani herdsmen kill at will and move around with impunity.

No one to question them. Can all this happen in a sane country were law abound? No! we see things like this only in a shithole were there's no regard for rule of law.

We are yet to recover from plateau massacre, today another one has happened claiming lives and properties, and the clueless one in aso rock is yet to sympathize with the victim, what a president!

To the innocent school children that lost their lives today, Rest in peace lil angels, and may God comfort your families.

How is Buhari to blame? If we want to call names, please let us start calling from the first head of state Nigeria has had till now.

Do we think Buhari will wave a magic wand and repair all the decades of greed, corruption, boycotting??

It is high time we stopped this Buhari Buhari song everytime.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by marvoo4real(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2018
overambitious:
Dailytatafo.com

Veteran comedian Ali Baba has pen down a heart wrenching note in reaction to the tanker fire at Lagos Ibadan express which claimed many lives

He wrote

In organized societies, where traffic is a major issue, tankers and heavy duty vehicles move at night or at specified times. In developed climes, MOT agencies... are as serious as the police force. In some other climes, that have deep shores like we do, only one port can not be used for discharge of staples like fuel, and even then, fuel and transportation of inflammable contents are done in controlled methods. We are a Lawless country. If government tries to organize these same tankers now, they will go on strike, shut down the economy and day to day running, and we will let them continue. Same thing with teachers... try to get them to go get retrained and be bwtter qualified to teach, they will strike and wr are back to status quo. We do not punish people who even chop monies meant for projects. Projects that have been captured in the budget and monies released. The same people who chop the monies will now be in the ruling party and to prosecute them becomes a No No. And as nothing is done to them another person will do it. Just imagine. Nigerians died today because of avoidable precautions and failure to create policies and laws that have consequences that could have detered that tanker from being on that road. But no. Law makers dont care. The Executives no send and the JUDICIARY is not jailing them. Bet me, more tankers will fall. Nothing will be done. Nothing.

http://dailytatafo.com/you-cannot-pray-away-lawlessness-alibaba-lament-heavily-over-lagos-tanker-fire/

Well spoken baba... We live in a lawless country... This has nothing to do with pvc... This is a general disaster.. We don't wanna make corrections... I pray it doesn't get to our loved ones...
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by subtlemee(f): 7:56am On Jun 29, 2018
Nukualofa:
You love seeking for attention, who cares about the digest in your belly? can't you grow up and face the so called husband that you've been inundating our ears with?

Is this a quote? All I see is gibberish
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by subtlemee(f): 7:57am On Jun 29, 2018
Majorkeys:

No one cares about how you feel, you're not dead.

You are high on something but I don't blame you...you are just a typical Nigerian
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by TheAlchemist: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2018
MosquitoREBIRTH:
My brother, dont even miss the food because it will later become a problem in Nigeria. Food sellers dey go strike too na... I'm just sorry for this country. How did we even become a country? There is nothing to actually show that we are a COUNTRY just bunch of black people being wicked to themeselves and for forming giants of Africa. The whole Africa na shit sef...

Truth be told the foundation of Nigeria is faulty, until we all come together to ask ourselves the question what does being a Nigerian mean, we shall be going through the circle of motion without movement. The only thing that binds the Nation is nothing but crude oil... The day the value of crude oil drops to $1 per barrel, i believe we shall then know the truth, and the truth shall set us free. This is Nigeria
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by ebenice(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2018
GoTV:
beware of this anti-Christ...he keep starting his antichrist antics by saying things like "even though I am a christian" then he write out his antichrist speeches....take note

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by TheAlchemist: 8:11am On Jun 29, 2018
Megaideas:
Until Buhari leaves the Presidency, the contraption Nigeria, will continue plummeting till it's finally destroyed.

It is really not about Buhari, but lack of strong institutions, no superman can fix Nigeria, with the present structure in place.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by somehow: 8:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Bro i weak. I was typing out of sadness if you noticed how many typos i made in that post.

We just like being hypocrites in this country. Most of the problems we have were created by us Nigerians but we always look for who to blame. When Buhari leaves, we shift the blame to another person Nigerian style.
MosquitoREBIRTH:
Did you notice how almost everyone turned a blind eye over other points Ali baba raised like the school teachers and laws? All they are shouting now is Buhari this and Buhari that.

Its a pity we think Nigeria's problem is Buhari. We're our own problem, but as usual, a typical Nigerian will never accept fault or blame but will rather pass it to an easy target.

The plain truth is, Nigeria no go fit better.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by Pataricatering(f): 8:24am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68917428:

It depends on the angle you are taking it from or coming from.
Prayers changes situations if applied correctly.
SO I support you partially.....
God obviously sees a problem - since he is all seeing but until you beg and beg he won’t solve it ? What’s the difference between him and our government? What’s the difference between him and our legislature ? What do you pray for that people who don’t pray don’t have ? Atheists have everything you pray for and more sef - and they insult God everyday !that should tell you it’s not prayer that gets these things!! I laugh when people insist on “prayers” ! I’ve bn indoctrinated to believe these things - but sit down for a minute and think about it ? Why do prayers so desperately need “ work” for them to be answered ? What work did job need to survive in the fish s belly - did he practice not being digested ? What work did Jesus do to defy the laws of nature and walk on water ? Why suddenly do you need to do any “ work “ for a supposedly “supernatural” prayer to take effect ? What does that tell you - it’s like watching avengers infinity or reading lord of the rings or a marvel comic ! These miracles / magic happen in books and movies but then can’t happen in real life cause they are from the imagination of the writer !

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by castrokins(m): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2018
Sent you a message

EroticJane:
Go back to the old ways of transporting PMS, Gas, Kerosene and other flammable substance through pipes all over the country. Nigerians also need to behave and stop vandalizing these pipes. We are too stubborn and greedy.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:27am On Jun 29, 2018
Pataricatering:
God obviously sees a problem - since he is all seeing but until you beg and beg he won’t solve it ? What’s the difference between him and our government? What’s the difference between him and our legislature ? What do you pray for that people who don’t pray don’t have ? Atheists have everything you pray for and more sef - and they insult God everyday !that should tell you it’s not prayer that gets these things!! I laugh when people insist on “prayers” ! I’ve bn indoctrinated to believe these things - but sit down for a minute and think about it ? Why do prayers so desperately need “ work” for them to be answered ? What work did job need to survive in the fish s belly - did he practice not being digested ? What work did Jesus do to defy the laws of nature and walk on water ? Why suddenly do you need to do any “ work “ for a supposedly “supernatural” prayer to take effect ? What does that tell you - it’s like watching avengers infinity or reading lord of the rings or a marvel comic ! These miracles / magic happen in books and movies but then can’t happen in real life cause they are from the imagination of the writer !
Okay, thank you so much for this sis.
It is well.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by mikeapollo: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2018
blackgold90:
Lagos traffic is too much.... Just 1 fire it is vooom to others. Think tank group should be constituted for Lagos and Nigeria

Lagos traffic is nothing compared with traffic in some Indian cities.
The problem with us is that we are ignorant, lawless, unruly, undisciplined, careless, unplanned, foolish, reckless and stupid as a nation, and to some extent as individuals!
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by steve6: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2018
True talk !
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by GoldHorse(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

We are really in a lawless country Alibaba

Idiotic Buhari kill at will and go scot free

Boko haram kill at will and go scot free

Fulani herdsmen kill at will and move around with impunity.

No one to question them. Can all this happen in a sane country were law abound? No! we see things like this only in a shithole were there's no regard for rule of law.

We are yet to recover from plateau massacre, today another one has happened claiming lives and properties, and the clueless one in aso rock is yet to sympathize with the victim, what a president!

To the innocent school children that lost their lives today, Rest in peace lil angels, and may God comfort your families.

So from all Alibaba said the only thing you see is Buhari this Buhari that?! What has Buhari got to do with the over speeding drivers and unreasonable tanker drivers or even the Plateau killings when we the citizens refuse to do what is right or support the government to enforce it. We instead prefer to paint issue with religious and tribalism crayons with some dressings of personal dislikes.

Anyone who think Buhari or any President for that matter will achieve much with the attitude we Nigerians are having presently is deluding him or herself.

My friend objectivity is a good thing. When has tankers been exploding or containers falling on people?! What positive mitigative steps have taken since?

It's quite disturbing the way we allow sentiments to direct our thoughts. It's very sad indeed.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by PearlStreet(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2018
oyb:

blaming the government and agencies is very easy - so what about the owners of the truck that failed to maintain it?

if the government starts serious regulation of the trucking industry, there is every possibility you will be out complaining about their wickedness and how they are taking away peoplé's livelihoods

why do nigerians themselves have complete disregard for others in the way they do things?
why would you put a vehicle carrying petrol on a road if you know it is is not road worthy?

Who is supposed to punish errant behaviour capable tanker and truck drivers capable of taking lives of citizens? Citizens or the government?

Answer that one first and I'll know how to address your matter.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
PearlStreet:

Who is supposed to punish errant behaviour capable tanker and truck drivers capable of taking lives of citizens? Citizens or the government?

Answer that one first and I'll know how to address your matter.

What is the point of your question? Are we lower animals who must be beaten before we do the right thing?
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by CheedyJ(m): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nigeria's situation has gone beyond mere intelligent write ups.. It's tym we d 'ordinary'citizens rise,fight & save our dear Nation cos all this grammer hasn't solved anything & it Neva will. Me,I m willing & ready to fight for d future of this country & those unborn.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by Rockyrascal(m): 10:33am On Jun 30, 2018
PearlStreet:
The Lagos State Government, Federal Road Safety Commission, Motor Vehicle Administration Authority (VIO) and others have the statutory authority to ensure that vehicles plying our roads are safe. Every accident by vehicles plying our roads have immediate and remote causes.

The tanker whose brake failed today and caused mass carnage fell very close to where the FRSC usually stand to check vehicles. However, they won't check tankers because of the hefty bribes they receive from trucking companies.

Ambode shamelessly passes beside tankers parked on Ikorodu Road and bridges but turns a blind eye because of the ticket and charges they make from truck drivers.

For a start, Lastma, VIO, FRSC and LASG should be sued by those who lost loved ones in this carnage. The tanker didn't fly from Apapa to fail brake at Otedola bridge. Let the government agency which certified it fit and roadworthy come out and explain. Let Lastma explain why they didn't stop a moving bomb from plying our roads at the peak of traffic.

2 things would end this madness:
When a senior political office holder loses his life in a tanker fire, container fall or his family is wiped out in a tanker or container accident.
When we as citizens sue the government for billions of Naira and they're embarrassed into doing something sensible.

Don't say it's not possible. Falana fell into a manhole in Abuja and threatened to sue the FCDA. They begged him profusely to settle out of court.

If we don't stand up for each other, the government doesn't care if tanker and truck drivers kill us all.
you are overly right sir; I remember when the ebola disease was around, the government took quick measures to curb the epidemic why because both the rich and the poor were exposed to it.

Now, if the government could be that efficient in curbing the ebola disease it shows it isn't rocket science for the government to put in place an organized society.....we are really suffering and smiling in this country.
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by EroticJane(f): 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
hush15:

Then you will be setting up landmines waiting to explode wherever.... or you think bunkering has stopped?

Nations are moving out of oil dependency, our president is investing in oil exploration in the north...

Who are we kidding....
What is this one even saying?
Re: Ali Baba Reacts To Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Fire by MrCork: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2018
subtlemee:

You are high on something but I don't blame you...you are just a typical Nigerian

^^^ kaiiii. . See booooobsi! ! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Visits Shan George At The Hospital (Photos) / In Her Opinion, Does This Justify Don Jazzy Action? (snapshot) / Olamide Wears Face Mask To OLIC5 Stage, Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.