Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes (25309 Views)

Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / Lady Comes Out Without A Scratch From Accident Which Killed 4 Persons. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Emmayong360(m): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2018
Emmayong360:
see this one

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Jabioro: 7:32am On Jun 29, 2018
The government lost it,her citizen lost;the few that got it their voiceless.We all are guilty especially the Authority.May all departed souls rest in peace.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by ncoolsome(m): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2018
What is the Op trying to say So if CNN,All Jazeera,NTA are present or not this pix and videos can be soldhow do u freelance then
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Abi oooo
The very first thing that troubled my mind when I saw the news yesterday was seeing some people taking pics of ongoing disaster. I wonder how they could feel comfortable at such a scene,,,,, seeing people getting burnt live.
It's so disheartening!

I call it nothing but a mental disorderundecided

RIP to the departed souls

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by mvem(m): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2018
ikorodureporta:

so thoz ppl flying out of the twin tower isnt enuf to cause heartbreak
...better than going to snap a mutilated body that is lifeless and the identity not hidden...imagine if its someone u really know

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by macaranta(m): 7:35am On Jun 29, 2018
yarimo:
IPOBIANS are very good in that unfortunate and silly behaviours. undecided
This is not a time for foolishness and stupidity, pretend you have home training
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Maj196(m): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Pictures are okay maybe for media coverage but taking selfies now that outrageous.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by macaranta(m): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Absolute madness and to think he's a law enforcement officer [quote author=Emmayong360 post=68921641][/quote]

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by divinelove(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2018
spicyuzo:
It is heart-wrenching to know that the first thing that comes to the mind of someone who finds himself/herself close to an accident scene, or a mishap of any form is to start taking pictures and making videos.

Pictures and videos from the incident at the OtedolaBridge today penetrated all over social-media and news platforms just within a few hours, with different versions of reporting. This threw me into thoughts of how much we Nigerians have degenerated far away from humanity.

What has become of us fellow Nigerians?

Is it a clamour for popularity? Is it an appeal for likes and shares? Is there a bragging right or an award for live reporting from an accident scene? Or just maybe, is there a subtle innermost feeling of joy or satisfaction derived from reporting loss of live and properties directly as it is ongoing?
Please leave the reporting job to the press. Must you be a harbinger of bad news?

I ask you dear Sir or Madam Reporter, is there nothing else you can do to salvage the situation besides running live commentary?
What right do you have to take a video or a photo of people's lives and properties going up in flames?

Did you atleast even try to call the emergency and rescue authorities if that is the least you can do?
In fact, that phone which you are using for your live streaming news service, do you even have the hotlines or emergency numbers of the fire department, police, emergency search and rescue, ambulance service etc, stored on the phone?

What would have happened if most or all the cars travelling along the other lane had stopped, and brought out their car fire extinguishers. Wouldn't it have helped no matter how small, someone probably may have been saved, just one life atleast, or maybe even 1% of the fire may have been extinguished before the arrival of the fire fighters.

Let's now assume someone else called the emergency services, let's assume there is nothing you could do, atleast that is the deceit conviction you have given yourself, does this still justify you to start taking pictures?

You may ask, what then can I do?

Here is your answer.....Cry!!!!
Raise your voice and Cry!!!! Weep my dear brother and Sister.... Scream on top of your voice and weep until you run out of tears...

Weep because that cry you hear in the fire maybe the voice of the breadwinner of an entire family...

Cry because that cry in the fire may be the voice of the only graduate a family has ever produced, or it may be the voice of the only successful business man/woman who is the light of a family..

Scream because that smell of people burning in the fire maybe a group of students returning to their already awaiting family, or a spouse joyfully returning to the arms of his/her loved one after a stressful day.

Weep because while other people battle with maintenance of life quality, we are still battling with low live expectancy rates in Nigeria.

Cry because, just about anything, Anything is a threat to the life of a Nigerian.

Most of all, Hit your chest and weep for Nigeria...
Weep because most of the reasons why thousands of lives are lost in Nigeria, is not even a threat to the life of a stray animal in other countries..

Weep because the people we have entrusted to serve us, fix the potholes on our roads, provide us with alternative routes, provide us with basic amenities, ensure good town planning etc, are now the same people that will fly over our heads in helicopters and jets, while we burn and roast on the roads that are dilapidated and in utermost disaster.

Weep because while an entire force can be reshuffled and interogated for the loss of life of one citizen in some countries, we are conducting mass burials on daily basis here in Nigeria, and no one is held responsible for such impunities.

Fellow Nigerians, let it be clear to us that we are in no way better than those that lost their lives today or have lost their lives in situations like this in the past.
Let it be known to each and every one of us that we are in no way entitled to live even one minute longer than any of those people who lost their lives today.
No sane person goes out of his home with plans of dieing along the way, it is in no way by our power or our might that we are alive. It is strictly by the mercy of God that we are saved, let us therefore not take pleasure in taking pictures and videos from scenes, when people are in pains and anguish.

May the souls of those who lost their lives rest in the bossom of the lord, and may God grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen

We are humans, we are sensitive to the plight of fellow humans, we are different, We are Nigerians.
God save Nigeria!

beautiful nonsense

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by ImaIma1(f): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
no it’s not.it will be mental sickness to vote Apc and Buhari.im happy all the evil is befalling Apc states.here in south south we are good

There is a higher power that hears you. You don't have the power to protect yourself if calamity decides to meet you in the safest place in the south.

Watch your utterances. Human beings like you were burnt in that fire and we don't care who they voted for. APC...PDP...no difference...just different alphabets.

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:42am On Jun 29, 2018
mvem:
...you at happy?... Why do we talk like animals online....so whatever bad that happens to anyone in Lagos for example is justifiable because it is an Apc state....see ur reasoning
yes it is cos u ppl from the west gave the beast a major vote.there will be more deaths in Apc states
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by menshowng(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2018
I agree with u but in most cases d aim of taking d videos is to let other pple know what has happened.. Like ve see a fire case dat it was wen d video went online,d fire men came n put out the fire infact it was two fire trucks dat came...God bless us all
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by iWing1(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
no it’s not.it will be mental sickness to vote Apc and Buhari.im happy all the evil is befalling Apc states.here in south south we are good
who told you your south south brother is not among the uictim? you are...
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:44am On Jun 29, 2018
Henitan24:

You're happy the evil is befalling APC states, Smh for you. You should have known that definitely it is not only Yoruba's that lost that lives in that incidence. My Deltan neighbour four kids are involved so you need to be more happy, dance, share testimony, play music etc. Silly being!
this one touch me o.my my deltan broda god forbid
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Gamora: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:

So it's none of your business because it happened in an APC state? Or in your own words, u are even happy about it? Did you even read what u wrote b4 u posted it here? Wow....The pple here make me fear 4 d future of Nigeria.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by adioolayi(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2018
It will interest is to know that the incident became popular because of independent reporters... It was reported that rescue operation actually started 1hr after the incident. A check to FRSC twitter handle shows that they made first statement 4hrs after the incident.... I don't support people making videos and laughing about it, but this form of reporting create awareness and facilitated response if those who are trained to tackle incident like this.
digital age is plus. imagine there is no internet and all... no one would have known, no body would have taken alternative routes and chaos will be more. That's the truth.
Those taking videos can't help to fight such fire, they can only help spread info about the incident to invite expert. and that's what they have done!

2 Likes

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You do not rejoice in evil or misfortune. You rather show empathy. Your comment here is heartless and cold and remember that what you sow is what you reap. What goes around comes around. Wait for it, its coming around to you and it was all of your own doing.

Our confessions have the power to attract or push away things from us. Instead of you using yours for good you chose to use it for evil. You just chose what you wish to attract. Goodluck with the harvest.
stop speaking useless grammar and get ur pvc to vote out the beast are my the cos of ur problems?when Tinubu was talking rubbish on tv on behalf of Yoruba ppl didn’t u watch it?channel all ur anger to Tinubu osinbajo and fashola.they are the ones sucking ur ppls blood
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by mpeg(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68918682:
OP, Your article made so much sense to me.
It is so appaling seeing people click away and record on their phones in such perilous time.
Saving victims should be paramount in such instances

Take a look at them..........

They should be taking pictures, one day there own pictures and videos will also be taking. I rest my case
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by RexTramadol1: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Leave live reporting to the press

We have lost it long ago

Imagine people posting photos n videos

Of such tragedy..... To what end?

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2018
mpeg:

They should be taking pictures, one day there own pictures and videos will also be taking. I rest my case
Naso.
Simple!!
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Gamora:

So it's none of your business because it happened in an APC state? Or in your own words, u are even happy about it? Did you even read what u wrote b4 u posted it here? Wow....The pple here make me fear 4 d future of Nigeria.
no fear vote out Apc instead.else more horror will befall u ppl.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by joey150(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2018
hipswrites:

Hey, don’t be sarcastic! He didn’t say crying is a solution to the mishap! He meant crying being the instant reaction to the situation- isn’t that better than snap shots or picture taking as first reaction??

Your policies-changing solution, would it bring the lives back?.
People like you have been described by Alibaba. Lawaless! When the policies are enshrined, would you not still resist its good intentions?

Appalling!!!

We cried for Benue, cried for Plateau, you think crying helps? You think thats really the instant reaction we need?

You think all the many years of neglect won't catch up with us. You think tears is a new thing to the average Nigerian?

You think the tears is magically going to make heaven create a utopian society for us? About people taking pictures, sadly that's the world we're in.

Policies wont bring lives back, but if stricter ones are enacted, it would ensure that there isn't a repeat to this senseless accident.

I am not against Empathy, but I am 101% against that instant reaction. We're not all stupid in this country, we should weep no more because we know our problems deep down and tears comes nowhere close to solving them.

We should be outraged, we should hide our head in shame and most of all we must put pressure on all those in power to do what's right.

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:49am On Jun 29, 2018
iWing1:
who told you your south south brother is not among the uictim? you are...
God no go gree that death was designed for Yoruba and Apc ppl
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by otokx(m): 7:52am On Jun 29, 2018
How many Nigerians know what to do if they suddenly come across an accident scene?

But for those who recorded the fire disaster yesterday and the herdsmen killing, the mainstream media having been compromised will not report the reality of the everyday Nigerian situation.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by pawshjai(f): 7:52am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
did u hear urself?
u are hapi it is befallin APC states..bcus d human beings dre are Apc humans..evn if dey are,hw cn u b hapi for such tragedy..pls think..think..nd think again bf u spew certain things frm ur mouth..does ur words? making no sense at all
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:52am On Jun 29, 2018
ImaIma1:

There is a higher power that hears you. You don't have the power to protect yourself if calamity decides to meet you in the safest place in the south.

Watch your utterances. Human beings like you were burnt in that fire and we don't care who they voted for. APC...PDP...no difference...just different alphabets.
babe there’s a big diff not just alphabets .its abnormal for tons of ppl to be dieing daily.we didn’t notice this under pdp even at the peak of Boko Haram it was mainly properties destroyed not life’s.u ppl don’t know what’s going on.apc and Buhari signed a pact with d devil these deaths are not normal
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Butterflyleo: 7:53am On Jun 29, 2018
Deltatoto:
stop speaking useless grammar and get ur pvc to vote out the beast are my the cos of ur problems?when Tinubu was talking rubbish on tv on behalf of Yoruba ppl didn’t u watch it?channel all ur anger to Tinubu osinbajo and fashola.they are the ones sucking ur ppls blood

You surely have a mental condition.
Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by itsCornie(f): 7:53am On Jun 29, 2018
spicyuzo:
It is heart-wrenching to know that the first thing that comes to the mind of someone who finds himself/herself close to an accident scene, or a mishap of any form is to start taking pictures and making videos.

Pictures and videos from the incident at the OtedolaBridge today penetrated all over social-media and news platforms just within a few hours, with different versions of reporting. This threw me into thoughts of how much we Nigerians have degenerated far away from humanity.

What has become of us fellow Nigerians?

Is it a clamour for popularity? Is it an appeal for likes and shares? Is there a bragging right or an award for live reporting from an accident scene? Or just maybe, is there a subtle innermost feeling of joy or satisfaction derived from reporting loss of live and properties directly as it is ongoing?
Please leave the reporting job to the press. Must you be a harbinger of bad news?

I ask you dear Sir or Madam Reporter, is there nothing else you can do to salvage the situation besides running live commentary?
What right do you have to take a video or a photo of people's lives and properties going up in flames?

Did you atleast even try to call the emergency and rescue authorities if that is the least you can do?
In fact, that phone which you are using for your live streaming news service, do you even have the hotlines or emergency numbers of the fire department, police, emergency search and rescue, ambulance service etc, stored on the phone?

What would have happened if most or all the cars travelling along the other lane had stopped, and brought out their car fire extinguishers. Wouldn't it have helped no matter how small, someone probably may have been saved, just one life atleast, or maybe even 1% of the fire may have been extinguished before the arrival of the fire fighters.

Let's now assume someone else called the emergency services, let's assume there is nothing you could do, atleast that is the deceit conviction you have given yourself, does this still justify you to start taking pictures?

You may ask, what then can I do?

Here is your answer.....Cry!!!!
Raise your voice and Cry!!!! Weep my dear brother and Sister.... Scream on top of your voice and weep until you run out of tears...

*Weep because that cry you hear in the fire maybe the voice of the breadwinner of an entire family...

Cry because that cry in the fire may be the voice of the only graduate a family has ever produced, or it may be the voice of the only successful business man/woman who is the light of a family..

Scream because that smell of people burning in the fire maybe a group of students returning to their already awaiting family, or a spouse joyfully returning to the arms of his/her loved one after a stressful day.*

Weep because while other people battle with maintenance of life quality, we are still battling with low live expectancy rates in Nigeria.

Cry because, just about anything, Anything is a threat to the life of a Nigerian.

Most of all, Hit your chest and weep for Nigeria...
Weep because most of the reasons why thousands of lives are lost in Nigeria, is not even a threat to the life of a stray animal in other countries..

Weep because the people we have entrusted to serve us, fix the potholes on our roads, provide us with alternative routes, provide us with basic amenities, ensure good town planning etc, are now the same people that will fly over our heads in helicopters and jets, while we burn and roast on the roads that are dilapidated and in utermost disaster.

Weep because while an entire force can be reshuffled and interogated for the loss of life of one citizen in some countries, we are conducting mass burials on daily basis here in Nigeria, and no one is held responsible for such impunities.

Fellow Nigerians, let it be clear to us that we are in no way better than those that lost their lives today or have lost their lives in situations like this in the past.
Let it be known to each and every one of us that we are in no way entitled to live even one minute longer than any of those people who lost their lives today.
No sane person goes out of his home with plans of dieing along the way, it is in no way by our power or our might that we are alive. It is strictly by the mercy of God that we are saved, let us therefore not take pleasure in taking pictures and videos from scenes, when people are in pains and anguish.

May the souls of those who lost their lives rest in the bossom of the lord, and may God grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen

We are humans, we are sensitive to the plight of fellow humans, we are different, We are Nigerians.
God save Nigeria!

The emboldened word got me,I swear!!,thanks OP
Wish we had more sensible write up like ds on ds forum

1 Like

Re: It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes by Deltatoto: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2018
pawshjai:
did u hear urself?
u are hapi it is befallin APC states..bcus d human beings dre are Apc humans..evn if dey are,hw cn u b hapi for such tragedy..pls think..think..nd think again bf u spew certain things frm ur mouth..does ur words? making no sense at all
im bitter that life’s were lost in such manner.i blame Apc and Yoruba ppl.they put us in this mess if more Yoruba ppl don’t die they will vote Apc again next year so I don’t pity them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Country Can I Move To Legally With ₦10M? / Accident Victims Rescued From Toyota SUV That Tumbled In Ikoyi / It's A Lie! Only 48 Nigerians Deported- Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.