Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts (9104 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Call Moi Moi & Akara As Beans Cake, But Call Pizza As Pizza? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts by micronut(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2018

"Before now, I used to make sheer mockery of people, who enjoy taking pap and akara (Beans Cake) in Nigeria" – In fact, I tell people, why must you give me pap? Am I sick? Lol. Because only sick people who can’t eat other quality foods, are begged to take pap, tea or bread, at least to hold the stomach. Smile.

Well, I have recently realized that Ogi or Pap or Koko (in whatever language you choose to call it) is actually good for the body for many reasons and it is an ideal breakfast, anytime and anyday.

Very quickly, for those who don’t know what Pap is – Well, Pap is a processed maize grain, turned into light liquid food and acts as a good energy source.

In kids, it is used to complement breast milk and supplemented foods after a child is 6months + in native Nigeria.

In Adults, it is an easily absorbed food like custard that doesn’t go wrong for any one. Pap is for everybody, from old to Young, rich to poor.

Akara on the other hand, is a processed grinded bean, turned into fried cakes. It’s an amazing native cake with commercial importance in Nigeria. Almost every where you go, you will see an Akara seller in Nigeria.

Well, here are 5 Reasons why you should start your day with Pap and Akara.

1. It is the Cheapest Nigerian Food –Pap, in the categories of myriads of local foods is just too affordable for anyone. With #20 or #50, you can buy pap that will be cup-filled and you will have a great feeling. To me, pap is the cheapest and fastest to get, Nigerian meal when you compare it with bread and garri.

In fact, there is a general saying in Yoruba Native Marketing that “Owo idako mu ni” – Meaning it is as cheap as the money to afford a pap. Lol!

So, when anyone says this to you, to drive sales, know what it means please.

Akara on the other hand is also relatively cheap – with a cup of beans, you can have like 5 balls of fried akara that you will eat to satisfaction.

2. An Ideal breakfast: According the Nutritionists, a great meal for starting a day, should be light and energy giving. Heavy foods are not advisable. And when you talk of foods in these categories, like Bread and Tea, Light yam and Egg, etc. Ogi (Pap) and akara should top the least, not only because it is faster to cook but economical like I said before.

There is even another saying by the Elders that “when the whites take tea, our great grandfathers do well with pap and the feeling is mutual”. Lol. Try Pap today.

3. Amazing Nutritional Benefit: The combinations of (Ogi) Pap and Akara is not doubt a balanced meal for good health and body enrichment. The origin of pap, which is maize, is a rich carbohydrate source. Akara from Beans give protein too. To give a better advantage, you can also add Honey or milk, for full health benefits, and you will always take to have more.

Well, Do you know with a #700, you can plan your everyday breakfast for a week and cut budget plans your family food ? Smile.. Think about it.

Go and prepare your Pap now or plan for it tomorrow.

Good morning, have a pappy day.

Read more on other reasons here

http://naijalocals.com.ng/2018/06/29/5-reasons-why-you-should-take-pap-akara-as-breakfasts/

Cc: lalasticlala, tjskii, MissyB3

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts by directorXixXICK(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Probably will try it out when I get back to Nigeria.....m still in Russia supporting 9ja to the finals whether out or not
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts by micronut(m): 10:03am On Jun 29, 2018
directorXixXICK:
Probably will try it out when I get back to Nigeria.....m still in Russia supporting 9ja to the finals whether out or not

Lol.. Do, you won't wanna stop again.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts by pheyhi(f): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
are you sure? because the pap they gave us in lagos state model made us sleep through out the day, I feel sleepy each time i take pap ooo

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts by kingkoded: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
Salsa Chicken Olé Sandwiches

These appetizing sandwiches feature a snappy chicken salad made with salsa, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, and are served on whole wheat bread.

Ingredients

1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Pace® Chunky Salsa - Mild
2/3 cup chopped cooked chicken
2 tablespoons shredded reduced........ to read more, click on https://promomonger.com/how-to-make-salsa-chicken-ole-sandwiches/

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 30, 2018
pheyhi:
are you sure? because the pap they gave us in lagos state model made us sleep through out the day, I feel sleepy each time i take pap ooo

(1) (Reply)

Nice Shawarma Joints / Recipe For 100 Spring Roll And 50 Pieces Of Samosa / Favourite Nigerian Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.