Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday (612 Views)

A Nairalanders Experience With FSARS / FSARS Officer Who Killed LASTMA Official Dies After Being Beaten By Mob In Lagos / Police To Conduct Psychiatric Test On FSARS Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday by muzari: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
As I was approaching Garrison Round About in Porthorcourt at about 7pm, I'd a strident of fractional vehicle tires, it's like a collision about to happen behind me. Alas! It's of FSARS Pick Up trying to maneuver vehicles in the traffic to get to me.

Before I turn around, I saw heavily armed guys in black running towards my vehicle, my thoughts were many: armed robbers want to snatch my unnumbered car or kidnapping. My thoughts remain until I saw the F-SARS on their shirts.

They rushed to me violently hitting my car and asking that I open my door, no vehicle wait for traffic light again as there's a commotion when motorists were finding escape. I calmly came out my car and was like what's happening to me.
Who are you? Who's the car owner and why driving a car without plate number? Before I say anything, they demanded for the car's key that's already in the ignition which I couldn't remove due to panic. I was directed to take the owner's seat and my car zoomed to unknown destination.
I remain silent in the car for about 10minutes to calm myself down and study the driver's body language, then came a call on my phone, but the phone was immediately taken by officer on wheels and he kept it on his lap.

After another like 10 minutes drive, I pleaded with him to let me talk with my friend who's already waiting for me at a junction to go home, I did that as the officer drives against the traffic at Rukpoku side of Porthorcourt and immediately use the opportunity of distraction to send sms to my uncle who's a senior officer.

I was taken to the road that leads to Airport bypass through Rukpoku and stopped midway, there came the big threat of either taking action they want or cooperating.

I opted for cooperation at any cost, as we're negotiating now in a relax mood, therein my uncle's call at this point they're friendly and asked me to pick.
Yours truly, i picked, put on speaker and handed it over to the Supo. He mentioned his to them, greeted them well and initiated a conversation with them before mentioning is rank.

It's Sir, Sir and we're just trying to caution him on the danger of driving without plate number and the the matter ends there. So, you get Uncle at that level and you no talk since........., for my mind, MUMU, so you can switch off my phone permanently.

My brother, i still maintain smiling face with them and had a handshake with them before leaving.

It's a precarious situation turn good with wisdom God has given me.

Be vigilant!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
Without that call you would have spent 100k or much more I heard someone else spent 950k. In PH/9ja as a whole you need man know man to even survive.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday by madridguy(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
Lucky you @ OP.
Re: My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
What of us mak no get uncle for police work undecided

Wetin we go do?

God abeg this is not my country... Call me as you take call Abraham...I am ready to leave. I don park my luggage. Na just ur call remain

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday by Blakjewelry(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
in Nigeria there is just a little bit of difference between police and am robbers
Re: My Experience With FSARS In Port Harcourt Yesterday by weyreypey: 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
muzari:
As I was approaching Garrison Round About in Porthorcourt at about 7pm, I'd a strident of fractional vehicle tires, it's like a collision about to happen behind me. Alas! It's of FSARS Pick Up trying to maneuver vehicles in the traffic to get to me.

Before I turn around, I saw heavily armed guys in black running towards my vehicle, my thoughts were many: armed robbers want to snatch my unnumbered car or kidnapping. My thoughts remain until I saw the F-SARS on their shirts.

They rushed to me violently hitting my car and asking that I open my door, no vehicle wait for traffic light again as there's a commotion when motorists were finding escape. I calmly came out my car and was like what's happening to me.
Who are you? Who's the car owner and why driving a car without plate number? Before I say anything, they demanded for the car's key that's already in the ignition which I couldn't remove due to panic. I was directed to take the owner's seat and my car zoomed to unknown destination.
I remain silent in the car for about 10minutes to calm myself down and study the driver's body language, then came a call on my phone, but the phone was immediately taken by officer on wheels and he kept it on his lap.

After another like 10 minutes drive, I pleaded with him to let me talk with my friend who's already waiting for me at a junction to go home, I did that as the officer drives against the traffic at Rukpoku side of Porthorcourt and immediately use the opportunity of distraction to send sms to my uncle who's a senior officer.

I was taken to the road that leads to Airport bypass through Rukpoku and stopped midway, there came the big threat of either taking action they want or cooperating.

I opted for cooperation at any cost, as we're negotiating now in a relax mood, therein my uncle's call at this point they're friendly and asked me to pick.
Yours truly, i picked, put on speaker and handed it over to the Supo. He mentioned his to them, greeted them well and initiated a conversation with them before mentioning is rank.

It's Sir, Sir and we're just trying to caution him on the danger of driving without plate number and the the matter ends there. So, you get Uncle at that level and you no talk since........., for my mind, MUMU, so you can switch off my phone permanently.

My brother, i still maintain smiling face with them and had a handshake with them before leaving.

It's a precarious situation turn good with wisdom God has given me.

Be vigilant!!!
Lmao... I had same encounter... Driving without number plates.. accosted by SARS .... I calmly greeted and stayed within.... "Good day officer... how's the job" works wonders at all times.... I was always waved on more often than not.... At worst "Oga boys never put mouth o" then I may tip them something... Key is balancing self confidence without looking cocky.

(1) (Reply)

Children Riding A Rollercoaster, Stuck, After NEPA Struck In Abeokuta / Barber Stabbed To Death By Thieves For Defending A Robbed Victim / How Armed Robbers Who Killed 3 Officers Were Caught By Special Police Team.photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.