Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion (62872 Views)

Owner And Driver Of The Otedola Bridge Tanker To Be Prosecuted By LASG / Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by kfrosh: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
It's called rolling back when a truck is moving backwards in such position, something extraordinary needs to stop it. It happens most times when heavy duty trucks are trying to climb a hilly road.
kpokpo1:
Why did they told that the tanker had a break failure? From the dash board footage it's not so na. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
omisakint:
I need a dashboard camera asap cause of the stubborn bike riders

contact Fogman

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by grandstar(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
FortifiedCity:
My lots and chances have fallen on pleasant places brother

King Solomon made the above quote. He was the wisest man who ever lived and those words of wisdom were said under inspiration.

Even Jesus, the Son of God faced unforeseen occurrences.

He would probably have died from that storm if he did not have supernatural powers.

Apostle Paul, who wrote 13 books of the Bible, 3 times suffered shipwreck.

Be humble my friend. You and I aren't better than those that die or will die

8 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by frowland(m): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
naijaboylive:
This guy probably my have ignited the fuel which was already spilling on the ground. He was driving too close to the tanker and receiving a call. He could have ended that call when he noticed a tanker carrying fuel was leaking.

I beg to differ on this. There are loads of hot engines all around the tanker and thats a no brainer.
Phones do NOT ignite petrol gas. Thats completely false! Static electricity does though. I don't need to start explaining this to you as its irrelevant

11 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by ikorodureporta: 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sirpaul:
I just bought corn now, cut it into two and put half inside my pocket... I don't want that "cut for me.. cut for me things
chop alone die alone cheesy
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by blank(f): 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
So, the man that said he saw a trailer reversing on the expressway was right. They couldn’t get the blocks under the tyres on time before it rolled backwards.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by meneski(m): 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
op na thunder from mars go strike... Shebi na blue tanker explode? Wetin concern red one?

Edited- i was drunk!

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by omoelerin1: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
babaolofin:
Yesterday, I commended the efforts of Lagos State Agencies for their response to the sad incident & the situation report released yesterday by LASEMA's General Manager. This shows not everything is bad about Nigeria. Lagos is working. Lagos has so many agencies in different areas from finance, Judiciary, commerce down to transport & emergency management where the agencies at work yesterday night till this morning carried out their duties.

That is why the casualties are not much and the road cleared less than 24hrs. Continuity from Tinubu, Fashola to Ambode has made management of large government ministries & agencies a working one.
Lagos state govt; the most effective govt in Nigeria. Even more effective than federal govt. Although, Lagos state ministries and public agencies/institutions are notorious with corruption, bribery, and injustice to the disadvantaged people, but they are more effective and efficient in discharging their responsibilities compared to other states. One can safely conclude that good governance is more pronounced in Lagos probably due to the brilliant and enlightened individuals that are in leadership position in the state.

Comparing Lagos with the rest states in the federation is just like comparing a developed/civilized nation with a developing/transition country.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by ikorodureporta: 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2018
I'v been asking why vehicles dnt carry video cam, infact it shld be made compulsory for all vehicles. It will reduce/check crime on our roads

3 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The date on the dash cam is yesterdays date. But who knows.

i agree - but after the detailed bs story of the 3rd mainland bridge 'suicide' - i just cannot believe anything bloggers put out. thier desperation to trend is out of this world

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Okay so the first report was wrong. It wasn’t caused by a bus stopped at a wrong location.

1) truck engine stalled

2) truck lost air brakes due to no reserve air

3) motor boys were unable to stop truck with shocks

4) truck rolled back and jackknifed

Cause of all those deaths?

Improperly maintained brake system on truck.

Quote me anywhere.

When I see trucks in Nigeria, I run. Ask my driver, Brother Naim.

Eyewitness account validated my suspicion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSw8AzAg7A
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Sammyblaq(m): 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
kpokpo1:
And the report was that the tanker failed break. Tanker that jejely parked b4 him explode my ppl una see am?
Let me not call you blind...
Watch the video again. The truck was rolling back.

Use Mp4 not 3gp.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by skyhighweb(m): 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Didn't see any explosion in d video
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
frowland:

If you say so mate! Not everyone is as poor as you.
You can make out time to check my old posts and see my house, my family, pets and cars..
I am not like you on a RENTED one bedroom flat, drivig maybe a toyota corrola 1999 model with mobile data instead of WiFi.
on this I'll strongly disagree with you lest you forget we are living in a country where the minimum wage is less than $50, the rate of unemployment is skyrocketing daily, most of the citizens live on less than $1 per day , corruption has been what the norm and its been on the rise so for a person to be able to afford to pay rent of one bedroom flat, have a car he manages irrespective of the model and pay his rent he's not poor sir and on this I strongly disagree with you sir

5 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Troublemaker007(m): 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
frowland:
I dont know why people dont use dash cam
I have them in all my cars. Many advantages, especilally when there is an accident, kidnapping, or false allegation by officials.

How can I get one for my car?
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by frowland(m): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
Alamala1:
on this I'll strongly disagree with you lest you forget we are living in a country where the minimum wage is less than $50, the rate of unemployment is skyrocketing daily, most of the citizens live on less than $1 per day , corruption has been what the norm and its been on the rise so for a person to be able to afford to pay rent of one bedroom flat, have a car he manages irrespective of the model and pay his rent he's not poor sir and on this I strongly disagree with you sir

He is poor compared to me on whatever level and I dont regrate my words. For him to say he knows me and I don't worth what I say, then the onus is on him to prove it right.
...and yes, only poor minded persons disagrees or doubts when he hears another person has possessions he can only dream of. pff!
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by nukky77(f): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2018
Rip
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Koval12(m): 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
yeyerolling:
Doesnt look like same accident jo. Blogger at work
check the time and date reading on the dashcam
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by mikkyangel(m): 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
frowland:
I dont know why people dont use dash cam
I have them in all my cars. Many advantages, especilally when there is an accident, kidnapping, or false allegation by officials.

abeg where i fit buy one? better one ohhhh

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by jolomiurenyi(m): 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
Diso60090:

Cars? Bros i know you very well even rubber car you Nor get

A
Hahahahahahahahahaha
my belle ooooooo
hahahahahaha
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by zoedew: 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Indeed there was a country! I can imagine that the guys who are busy trying to use some wooden block to hold the trailer tyres (as we see happen daily on our roads) got consumed in the ensuing inferno heralded by the explosion (s). FRSC is found daily on the roads plied by the unmotorable tankers!

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Sleekjunior(m): 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
Poverty mentality will kill u aha.. Don't go and find yourself useful
Bodylover:
I have watched it, imagine life wasted on that bridge.

I think Otedola father’s spirit is not happy that his son his wasting his money on his useless daughters.

angry

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
pol23:
There's peace outside the border of Nigeria.
Real peace.
Everyday in Nigeria is a sad day.
So true. Just go to ordinary cotonou. The relative peace in that town is indescribable. I visit Benin Republic once in a while. When you enter their main town, it's like Europe. Though they don't have money. I still don't understand what has befallen us in Nigeria. I think it's high time we all broke up, it that would abate the seemingly unending bloodshed.

2 Likes

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by bobbiiee: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2018
How much did you get it? What is the cost of installation? Where can get it in Lagos?
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by oluwaVaz(m): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
May there gentle souls RIP AMEN
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by bobbiiee: 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
How much did you get it? What is the cost of installation? Where can get it in Lagos?
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by practicalclass: 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
I think this video needs to get to the hands of FRSC officials to see how these petrol tankers are operated without functioning brakes including emergency brakes. You see those boys intermittently putting shocks (whether big rocks or studdy wooden blocks) to use as brakes... That is totally unacceptable. This is putting lifes at risk, operating such malfunctioning heavy vehicles. They need to be regularly inspected by honest mechanical engineers. May God help Nigeria.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by Mac2016(m): 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
tempest01:
Human beings...who is the person that said a passenger bus moved in without checking and then caused the accident?
This is now the truth... Imagine the lies we have always been irredeemably fed with

1 Like

Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by imperiouxx(m): 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
skyhighweb:
Didn't see any explosion in d video

The car passed and the explosion happened afterwards. You can hear the sound.

This is why 2 Channels cam is good. My car has Thinkware F770 installed.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by chronique(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
tempest01:
Human beings...who is the person that said a passenger bus moved in without checking and then caused the accident?

I tire o. That was the gist I also heard.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by talk2percy(m): 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
He worked so hard to make another man's government ungovernable, now what's happening during his regime. Karma is a bitch. The worst government so far. I haven't seen what this government did positively different from previous governments.
Re: Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion by madgoat(m): 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
naijaboylive:
This guy probably my have ignited the fuel which was already spilling on the ground. He was driving too close to the tanker and receiving a call. He could have ended that call when he noticed a tanker carrying fuel was leaking.

Oga use your fish brain for once and stop saying rubbish undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Skywalk Bridge At Oshodi Installed By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Inside The Monster C5-Galaxy Aircraft That Carries The US President's Motorcade / Nigerians Caught Hiding Under Moving Train To Germany (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.