Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,863 members, 7,855,547 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me (38109 Views)

Don Jazzy And Banky W React To Tekno & Danfo Drivers Pictured Together / Tekno Pictured With Danfo Drivers After JOGODO Theft Saga / Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Divay22(f): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
Danfo Drivers i know ,who is he
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Joshmodest(m): 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
avril9:
you just made sense.. Its like nairaland has a ridiculous pattern.... People comment based on previous comments without research just to occupy space. If you don't know the truth to a story just keep calm till all parties tell their sides. If truly na professor get am we go soon know

What is his evidence that he invented the word jogodo....its not a dictionary word its just a slang.... and did he make any copyrights laws on the slang , No ?? Is there any legal evidence of him owning the slang??... its just like The WizKids and The Weekend Starboy issue. no evidence no case...
all this old guys would be searching for cheap publicity and recognition where there is none..that's how Victor uwaifo was crying upandan cos simi and Jaywon titled their songs "joromi"..

1 Like

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
grin

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by cyrus1992(m): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
lol,
Teckno money don turn national cake,
Every tom, dick, and harry wanna have a taste of it.
I wouldnt be surprised if mamuzee twins come out next to say that teckno sampled their dancestep for his track.
Thats why originality in ones craft is very very essential.
If teckno had displayed originality, No one can just come out of God knows where to come and lay claim over his work.

1 Like

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by XingXhang(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
So only you can what JOGODO really means to the whole wide world abi?

I can imagine having taken some IGBO before saying that... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kaiii..they said, he nor settle us at all at all grin grin
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by XingXhang(m): 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
gozzlin:
All these extinct and penniless musicians looking for an opportunity to make a few bucks.

You, are you not looking for opportunities to make a few bucks? Why are we so quick to hurl insults?
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by dstar01(m): 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Really really real grin
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by johnmattew: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
comment from above shows Nigerian don't even know what intellectual property means
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by thesicilian: 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
Joshmodest:
Danfo drivers have been robbed ,2m naira only?
Those guys must be dead broke. Lol.
I was expecting to see nothing less than 20m each!

1 Like

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by eyinjuege: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
post=68953845:
The hustle is real!!

To be honest, it's copyright infringement/theft to use another artiste' s material without their consent. Ignorance is not an excuse.
I'm not sure of the copyrights laws in Nigeria, but it is seen as a serious offence, and nobody respects such people.
It is painful, and if the claims are true, I feel sorry for the jogodo man, as he has been robbed.
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by eyinjuege: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
Joshmodest:

What is his evidence that he invented the word jogodo....its not a dictionary word its just a slang.... and did he make any copyrights laws on the slang , No ?? Is there any legal evidence of him owning the slang??... its just like The WizKids and The Weekend Starboy issue. no evidence no case...
all this old guys would be searching for cheap publicity and recognition where there is none..that's how Victor uwaifo was crying upandan cos simi and Jaywon titled their songs "joromi"..

The Weekend starboy issue was never about Wizkid.
Someone else (not Wizkid) was planning to copyright the word starboy and The Weekend took that to court as he released an album or so called starboy. This was 2016, and Wizkid was already known as starboy long before then.
Everyone naturally assumed the court case was against Wizkid, but i think it was about someone else
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Justiceleague1: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
Trouble person
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by chigbolu: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
Professor Linkin weldone sir

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Joshmodest(m): 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
thesicilian:

Those guys must be dead broke. Lol.
I was expecting to see nothing less than 20m each!
As in .....Tekno has made over 100million from streaming through Spotify and iTunes alone talk less of Amazon music, boomplay, SoundCloud, YouTube.. I mean ...poverty is synonymous with stupidity...

1 Like

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Born2Breed(f): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
Godgobless:
Ajegunle-bred veteran musician, Professor Linkin has come for Pana crooner, Tekno for failing to acknowledge him as the original owner of the song, “Kpolongo” which he sampled in his single, “Jogodo”. According to Linkin, he settled Danfo Drivers and ignored him.

In the song, Tekno also sampled some lines from a song originally done by a music duo from Ajegunle named Danfo Drivers. When the music duo raised dust over the use of their material, Tekno settled with them in private and is even set to drop a new single with them soon.

However, all of that didn’t sit well with Professor Linkin who felt Tekno ought to have contacted him too just as he did with the Danfo Drivers.

In an exclusive interview with Saturday Beats, Professor Linking laid his mind bare.

“Danfo Drivers are my friends and immediately the news broke that they had made peace with Tekno, I called them and asked why they did not tell him that I am the originator of ‘Jogodo’ but they gave me some excuses and claimed that the singer did not give them anything.

I am not dead, so why would someone want to take something I worked hard to get. I am the originator of ‘Jogodo’ in the whole world.

I am the only one that can tell people the real meaning of the word ‘Jogodo’. I heard rumours that Tekno paid Danfo Drivers N2m.

As my friends, I asked them if it was true and they denied it. When I called to ask them, they said that he did not give them anything than apology.

They claimed that they sat down, had some drinks, chatted and took pictures. If they are lying, God is watching them because I cannot read their mind.”

Source:http://www.godgobless.com/2018/06/tekno-paid-danfo-drivers-n2m-for-jogodo.html

Tekno, give him 1million. He will praise you forever.
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by benjanny(m): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Yes I vividly remember that Professor Linkin is the originator of Jogodo.In his interview in that video Jogodo he try to say that Jogodo means too much of maybe consuming of something
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by lascopes(m): 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
post=68953845:
The hustle is real!!

Na NL you dey grill your stuffs, just asking sha

1 Like

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by SalamRushdie: 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
post=68953845:
The hustle is real!!

Very real man
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Dareal90s(m): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
givan:
Afonjas yoot go and get a JOB!!! Thuggery and blackmail no be work!!!!
Oponu when did d both of dem bcom Yoruba ? Or because chinedu lives in Yoruba land DAT qualifies him as a Yoruba man?
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by maasoap(m): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
CANDYDADDY:
shocked
The pain and voice of an unnoticed artiste

Una weldon professor linkin wolf

Hmmm! Imagine an educated nairalander posting this!
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
post=68953845:
The hustle is real!!

This is how they make money in US, grin it's no big deal if its implemented here too.
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by mrbyron(m): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
The american rock band linkin park should also sue professor linkin for copying their name.
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by raphyco(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
cry
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by Rick9(m): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
All these irrelevant artists sef
Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by UnrulyVibezKing(m): 10:27am On Jul 01, 2018
avril9:
you just made sense.. Its like nairaland has a ridiculous pattern.... People comment based on previous comments without research just to occupy space. If you don't know the truth to a story just keep calm till all parties tell their sides. If truly na professor get am we go soon know

Professor Linkn released Jogodo in 2005, danfo drivers in 2006. Tekno in 2018. Check di records.

1 Like

Re: Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me by avril9(f): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
UnrulyVibezKing:

Professor Linkn released Jogodo in 2005, danfo drivers in 2006. Tekno in 2018. Check di records.
nice one.... thats why i said people should make research before bashing others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Churchill Shut Down Ekimogun Day, Rained Bundles Of Dollars On King Sunny Ade / Moyo Lawal Struggles With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts  / Lil Kesh Joins Massive Management As He Leaves Olamide's YBNL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.