Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,055 members, 7,838,679 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Do You Like Smoking Garri? - Food (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Like Smoking Garri? (36721 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? / Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by omoge(f): 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2007
@sukieboy

smoking garri with that mammy water fish (wetin be the name self? yoruba calls it Alaro) is sooooooooo tantalizing grin
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by spoilt(f): 5:21am On Jun 02, 2007
never heard of oron garri before. guess its yellow garri. dont like drinking yellow garri. its better swallowed. have never tried garri with fish. your mouth will boom badly the next day.

all those who want garri should forward their application to me. 2 line spacing. with your picture attachment. grin
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by ikamefa(f): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2007
spoilt:

never heard of oron garri before. guess its yellow garri. don't like drinking yellow garri. its better swallowed. have never tried garri with fish. your mouth will boom badly the next day.

all those who want garri should forward their application to me. 2 line spacing. with your picture attachment. grin

undecided you are kidding right? cheesy

all this cos of garri ijebu? cheesy

na wah oh!

debo she dey call you oh! grin grin
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by debosky(m): 11:43pm On Jun 02, 2007
Dear ma

with reference to your post number 481 on the garri smoking thread, I hereby tender my application for garri supply.
I am an avid garri consumer, but due to my sojourn outside the borders of the homeland, I have been experiencing a
very painful shortage of correct smokable garri. I would be most grateful if my application is accepted. please ma don't
delay, I don't know how long i can continue without garri. my sanity is at stake.

tanks for your assistance

signed

Debosky

Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by omogenaija(f): 12:59am On Jun 03, 2007
@ debo LMAO   grin

garri addict, 

@ spoilt
please send me , the ajebutter, some smokeable garri ,  since i now know how to smoke it
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by ayefele200(m): 4:34am On Jun 03, 2007
am in love with garri hausa
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 04, 2007
sadly,I'm stuck with some Igbo garri to smoke.
Without peanuts and nido,the Igbo garri is practically useless as far as smoking is concerned
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Johnny(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2007
Where did we get this 'smoking garri' from? Do we 'smoke' or 'drink' garri?

Back to the question; Yes, I like drinking garri.
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by 9ja4eva: 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2007
No we smoke it.

@Debo

Funny
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by spoilt(f): 4:20am On Jun 09, 2007
debosky:

Dear ma

with reference to your post number 481 on the garri smoking thread, I hereby tender my application for garri supply.
I am an avid garri consumer, but due to my sojourn outside the borders of the homeland, I have been experiencing a
very painful shortage of correct smokable garri. I would be most grateful if my application is accepted. please ma don't
delay, I don't know how long i can continue without garri. my sanity is at stake.

signed

Debosky

trust you to put in an application. you must need the gaff badly. your application is under consideration. but where is the cover letter? angry
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by 9ja4eva: 5:16am On Jun 09, 2007
LMAO

No C.V
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by TCUBE(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2007
tahst very true, i love smoking garri with fresh fish , its kinda hard to get the good garri stuff, ijebu garri is the best i got in texas here, no sugar needed , all the way baby !
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by ronnieslimz(f): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2007
gaff smokers, wats good
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by frankiriri(m): 1:20am On Jul 02, 2007
debosky:

Dear ma

signed

Debosky
Very funny. What wont the love of garri do
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by frankiriri(m): 1:26am On Jul 02, 2007
You all better be thankfull that the VAT and petroluem inrcreases have been largely reversed. If not you would have been paying thru your nose for you supply of garuim,
My illiterate neigbour promptly added money acrpss board to all items she sells including ijebu garri and groundnuts citing the VAT (she pronounced if FAT) and fuel increment. She is yet to revert back to the old prices. According to her the "FATable' stock has not been exhausted.v
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by kellorah: 1:48am On Jul 02, 2007
tried smoking it the other day, EWWW
it just didn't taste right.
dnt think i'll be doing it again.
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by spoilt(f): 2:00am On Jul 02, 2007
i just realized my stock of garri is depleting. shocked
that's not good oh. the bag used to be big and robust. now it's just limp. rationing begins. grin
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 16, 2007
sorry.
I've run out of good Ijebu garri.
I'm left with the Igbo lumpy one that I have to sieve before smoking.
All that hard work just to drink common garri
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by software(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2007
babyosisi:

sorry.
I've run out of good Ijebu garri.
I'm left with the Igbo lumpy one that I have to sieve before smoking.
All that hard work just to drink common garri

Yeah all for Gari
I would do anything for Gari
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by spoilt(f): 4:46am On Jul 17, 2007
babyosisi
you have to work first before you enjoy. no pain no gain. grin
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jul 19, 2007
yeah,the pain is there,I must really be gaining
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Olufidu(m): 11:33pm On Jul 20, 2007
Hnmnmnm! yawning!

What a sunny day
Having been beaten by the inevitable sun of my mother land
I finally made it home
Gosh! need something extremelly chilled to step it down
opening the refrigerator and doing a quick scan .  . . . .
Coke . . Nope!
5 Alive nope!
Kunnu . . NOPE!
Zobo . . .Nope!
Pinto .  ,    (Never mind! only the ijinle panpams can decode  tongue)
Then it struck me like lighten . . . ,  . .

G4 . . .  grin
Garium Sulphate . . .  grin grin
Leebu . . .  grin grin grin

Okay, decision taken, now forthe preparation . . . . .

1st, reach for a round 555  wink(don't enjoy G4 in other countainers of different shape and material)
Grabbed a ragolis bottle (1.5l) of chilled water
Measured the "Leebu" with the "bend bend" peak milk thin  wink- old and faithful, it has  always given me the correct measurement in years!
With the leebu carefully measured inside the 555, I poured half of the ragolis water (actually refilled with tap water) on it. Stirred it and alllow it to settle (did I hear you say "then drain the water"wink No way!!! Garium water don cause palaver before o! - reserverd for aother tread. . . back to the prep, and guess what? you got it, drain the water, BUT by sipping it slowly  grin grin grin then stopped when it .  ,   , Hey! what about the dirty floating on the water? That it why Leebu is my favourite.  ,  no dirty, no sand, just pure white and very fine!!! Can't beat it!  wink
Anyways, after the draining, added half of the remaining chilled water leaving a quater behind (G4 Maths),  I know added sugar. For me, granulated or any other brand will not do except St louis. And my lucky number is six cubes cheesy
and a pint of salt to taste  you'd better believe me! and even give it a shot. Then added six cubes of iced block for continuous cooling  grin grin grin Now time to  . .   . . smoke? wack?drink? or whatever? Nope! Not yet one more ingridient and this is my favourite part. . .Added G-nuts, not bottled one o! The one from omoelepa that one needs to peel of the cover. This is coming last for a purpose! anyone that can guess right will get a bag of Leebu from me, posted to you wherever you reside on the surface or earth. After peeling the the G-nuts, I simply added the whole lots, like =N=50 worth and . . . . . ,  . . ,  .  . ,  .

TO BE CONTINUED  . . . You don't want to miss the different styles of "SMOKING" the G4 especially the rinsing the 555 with extra water other than the quater remaining. Hang out with me! cool cool cool
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 22, 2007
Olufidu:

Hnmnmnm! yawning!

What a sunny day
Having been beaten by the inevitable sun of my mother land
I finally made it home
Gosh! need something extremelly chilled to step it down
opening the refrigerator and doing a quick scan . . . . .
Coke . . Nope!
5 Alive nope!
Kunnu . . NOPE!
Zobo . . .Nope!
Pinto . , (Never mind! only the ijinle panpams can decode tongue)
Then it struck me like lighten . . . , . .

G4 . . . grin
Garium Sulphate . . . grin grin
Leebu . . . grin grin grin

Okay, decision taken, now forthe preparation . . . . .

1st, reach for a round 555 wink(don't enjoy G4 in other countainers of different shape and material)
Grabbed a ragolis bottle (1.5l) of chilled water
Measured the "Leebu" with the "bend bend" peak milk thin wink- old and faithful, it has always given me the correct measurement in years!
With the leebu carefully measured inside the 555, I poured half of the ragolis water (actually refilled with tap water) on it. Stirred it and alllow it to settle (did I hear you say "then drain the water"wink No way!!! Garium water don cause palaver before o! - reserverd for aother tread. . . back to the prep, and guess what? you got it, drain the water, BUT by sipping it slowly grin grin grin then stopped when it . , , Hey! what about the dirty floating on the water? That it why Leebu is my favourite. , no dirty, no sand, just pure white and very fine!!! Can't beat it! wink
Anyways, after the draining, added half of the remaining chilled water leaving a quater behind (G4 Maths), I know added sugar. For me, granulated or any other brand will not do except St louis. And my lucky number is six cubes cheesy
and a pint of salt to taste you'd better believe me! and even give it a shot. Then added six cubes of iced block for continuous cooling grin grin grin Now time to . . . . smoke? wack?drink? or whatever? Nope! Not yet one more ingridient and this is my favourite part. . .Added G-nuts, not bottled one o! The one from omoelepa that one needs to peel of the cover. This is coming last for a purpose! anyone that can guess right will get a bag of Leebu from me, posted to you wherever you reside on the surface or earth. After peeling the the G-nuts, I simply added the whole lots, like =N=50 worth and . . . . . , . . , . . , .

TO BE CONTINUED . . . You don't want to miss the different styles of "SMOKING" the G4 especially the rinsing the 555 with extra water other than the quater remaining. Hang out with me! cool cool cool

my brother needs garium detox
His love for garri pass Solomons love for women
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by software(m): 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2007
babyosisi:

my brother needs garium detox
His love for garri pass Solomons love for women

yes o my sister, Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeen the guy get hot passion for Gari,
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by LAHLAXZA(m): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2007
TO Olufido

My guy you sabi garii drink well well.Although we have differences in how we go accomplishing it(I prefer a few koko garri in mine for the occasional crunch), i can appreciate your garri drinking method.It is nice to meet another Garri enthusiast, well done on your articulation(i actually got garri hungry from reading your post).
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by 9ja4eva: 4:18am On Jul 24, 2007
Anybody dey sell garri here?
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by spoilt(f): 4:53am On Jul 24, 2007
i dey sell. grin
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by 9ja4eva: 4:54am On Jul 24, 2007
How much?Give me details
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Macgreat(m): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2007
Garri na the m-e-a-n thing.
If u love smokin garri put ur peace-finger in the A-I-R!
Garri wakes u up in the mornin keeps u goin in the afternoon and stays with u all night.
Respect the almighty GARRI stop writting it in small letter.
Smoke on smokers!
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Olufidu(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2007
9ja4eva:

Anybody dey sell garri here?

Hey! Solve the riddle in my last post and get a bag (200KG) of GARRI - FOC -  delivered to your door step! No joke  cool cool cool
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by CrazyMan(m): 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2007
9ja4eva:

How much?Give me details
No drink am finish o! me sef wan drink tongue
Re: Do You Like Smoking Garri? by Judith07: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2007
u guys are so hilarious in here.ive been laughing my head off reading the thread.
i popped in to pay my allegiance to garium (is it g2 or g4,not quite sure)
my love for garri has my mum wondering because the belief is that it is only yorubas who dig garri
At times one may have eaten a very good meal but there is no satisfaction until it is topped with the correct combo of garium and g-nut or coconut,
what could be better and the best thing is,it has no time limit,any day ,anytime,give me garium and im good to go. wink grin

i don't think the eyes thing is true,if so i would have been using a thick lens ,im not even using a thin one cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Part Of The Chicken? (pic) / Pictorial Illustration Of How Nigerians Eat Rice / How I Prepared A VERY TASTY Tomato Melon Soup With Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.