Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

What’s Life To You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What’s Life To You? (416 Views)

Life Purpose: Did We Come To This Life To Pay Bills? / Deeper Life To Graduate 355 Skill Acquisition Participants / JESUS LOVES YOU. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Life To You? by DeanSim: 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2018
I was invited to speak at a business seminar. Though, it was impromptu - just a few days to the D-day.

So, I didn’t look deeply through the seminar invitation sent but was preparing for the topic given.

I got to know about the seminar theme on D-day, though it never affects my preparation.

The theme: Bringing Life to your Business.

I make changes to my delivering unprepared and is part of what inspired this post.

Bringing Life to your Business.

What’s life to you?

If you were to say “I got a life”, what does mean to you?

Some of my audiences said, “existence”, “human”, “active” (the fellow has a clue) and many more.

According to the literal meaning, Life is the existence of an individual human being or animal, a period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.

To my reasoning, life is beyond that.

Take a look at plant life. They’re all useful to us and its degree of usefulness differs, that’s life.

The sun that rises every day to supply us with energy is highly useful. That’s life because, without it, we would’ve been extinct.

The political leaders who think more of their people, how to better their lives and striving to make it effective, that’s life.

The business leaders who are always striving for better products and quality service delivery, that’s life because they’re useful.

A husband and father who show love and care to his wife and children, lead and manage his home intelligently and effectively is useful. That’s life.

The same goes for the wife and mother, who cares for her children and appreciate her husband is used to the family.

Even as an employee, you’ve got to be put in your best, display excellence at work and feel useful to the company vision, mission, aim and objectives.

Life is about being useful to one another.

If you’re not positively impacting another fellow live, you’ve got no life and need to accept something is wrong here, think and work about making an amendment.

There is no shame in that but you’re progressing.

Life is about duties and responsibilities to another fellow being and everyone has it.

To have life, you’ve to discover your inner gift.

You can’t know this by being still but active.

That’s what makes you unique, intelligent and the powerful species on planet earth.

You’ve to be active.

To discover your inner gift, be adventurous along your journey.

Accept many jobs, duties, and responsibilities. Not at the same time, but as opportunities come along your journey, take advantage of it, even if you don’t love the job or activity, you might end-up be loving it.

Love is one of the most important attributes of your inner gift. Love rules our world.

After the discovery of your inner gift, you need knowledge and practice.

Don’t assume you know it all no matter your level.

You’ve just got started.

There are people who highly knowledgeable than you. Go and learn from them.

Go to universities or college or online college or universities, learn from the Elders and Mamas who have vast knowledge and practical experiences in that field.

This is to help you with one goal in mind – to have Life and feel useful to others.

This is business aspect of it. You’ve to be able to sell yourself to the electorates, employers, customers, your wife, and husband.

In real business, this is where marketing comes in.

The world needs to know and understand you. What’s the essence of life if you can’t be useful to more and more people?

This is Life for me. Life is about feeling useful to one another.

Like how Nairaland provides this publishing medium.

And it’s challenging and fun!

You’ve it - everyone has that capacity and degree.

It’s all in your mind.

What’s Life to you?

What meaning can you give to life?

Share your thought –let’s learn from you.

1 Like

Re: What’s Life To You? by chaarly(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
h
Re: What’s Life To You? by Olalake(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
LIFE IS WHAT YOU ARE IN YOUR ABSENCELIFE IS WHAT YOU ARE IN YOUR ABSENCELIFE IS WHAT YOU ARE IN YOUR ABSENCE
Re: What’s Life To You? by DeanSim: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
Olalake:
LIFE IS WHAT YOU ARE IN YOUR ABSENCELIFE IS WHAT YOU ARE IN YOUR ABSENCELIFE IS WHAT YOU ARE IN YOUR ABSENCE
Yes, I can relate with that.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Advice You Will Ever Get!!!! / Apply Now: Stanford University Knight Hennessy Scholars Program 2019 / Looking For Certifiable IT Teaching Center In The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.