Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,511 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? (748 Views)

How Do Music Artists Earn Money? - 9 Ways Artists Make Money in 2022 / Young Artists Make Wave With This New Song / How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? by Shina500(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2018
I will like to keep my question simple and straight.
How do musicians all over the world make so much money from music? I can't remember the last time I bought a music CD from a vendor. Why do I need to buy when I can easily download any music of my choice online for free? So, if most people are not buying music CD (s) from a vendor like me, I feel the few people buying the music CD can't give this musicians the kind of money they have.

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 02, 2018
Youtube,concert, live show and socia media like instagram. The higher the follower, the higher the money earn and also their facebook page
Re: How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? by Shina500(m): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Endorsements, concerts, live shows.

In the USA they make a lot of money from CD sales buy that can't happen in Nigeria because of piracy.
I don't just want to believe endorsements, concerts, live shows are enough to give this guys the kind of money they have. Just look at the likes of Davido, Wizkid, I mean the big boys in music industry in Nigeria. Do you really know how much Davido is worth?
Re: How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? by Alejoc(m): 7:33am On Jul 02, 2018
By repeatedly telling themselves they have made it and claiming same!
Re: How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? by Shina500(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

They are not really worth as much as they want the world country to know. David for example I doubt if he's worth more than $15M . Nigerian musicians live fake lives. The other time David go meet Khalid for California, see as the boy humble as he see person wet better pass am . Nigerian Celebs are fake. Fake lives and wanting to belong to the elites by all means. I actually know davido's house in ikoyi. Sometimes you go see the boy for balcony dey smoke wetin I no know looking haggard in boxers and dirty singlet for him balcony . He bahave like hes mad. If he reach outside he go con de form too much money.
Some Nigerian musicians are actually rich.

(1) (Reply)

Ybnl Mafia Album Review / MUSIC: RAGABOMI - Hassky | @officialhassky / 2grade Efejene I See I Feel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.