Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? (43477 Views)

DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new / New Hiphop Mp3 Songs Free Downloads / How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by udoekere: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2019
I want to go into music but someone just discourage me that musicians don't really make money from music downloads, how true is this?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by kernniejay(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
So I heard, but the famous ones make money from endorsements and brand deals. The industry is so saturated and every mushroom musician is just scampering for slots in the industry. It's like every youth in Nigeria now finds passion in music.

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by u11ae1013: 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
1. Yahoo
2. Audio money

309 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by jjwaterfalls(f): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
I think it's from shows and endorsement deals.

219 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by pocohantas(f): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
-Yahoo

-Endorsements

-Shows/Performances

-Grants from wealthy people and yahoo boys they hype in their songs.

-Big Gods (for the small girls)

-Investments (for the wise ones)

-Royalties

-Finally, some don't have shishii. It is all SHOW-biz

510 Likes 33 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Hidentity(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Live performance, royalties from media outfits playing the songs, endorsements and some get their cuts from the platforms people download from since the platforms get money from the traffic. Then to the bitter truth, most of them DO OTHER THINGS! Interpret that as you like.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
What will you be singing??

266 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by johnmattew: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
concert, endorsement,proceeds from social media ads(influencers),royalties from media houses and music streaming(iTunes,Spotify and Apple music).........and investments

I'm naija...it's concerts, endorsement( from corporate and/or internet fraudsters) and internet fraud/prostitution

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by PastorandMentor(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Hey. I have a word for you.
No matter the number of people doing what you want to do, you can always succeed there.
Because an industry is saturated doesn't mean you can't succeed there.
* Have a Mentor, role model
* Choose to be different
* Decide to be the best
* Offer something unique and different
I have a strong assurance that you will make it.

211 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by PureGoldh(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Instagram and YouTube videos or clicks

Endorsements follow too

Meanwhile.. If you need Pure Original HOney.. Call or whatsapp 0 8 1 0166 6771

6 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by iamleumas: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Here to learn

6 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by muzically(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Daviestunech(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Most of them makes money through endorsement and through premium sale music app like Spotify Hulu ND the rest

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by sexiestharam(f): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
kkk

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by strangest(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Shows and endorsement

2 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
Overtly extravagant ones peddle drugs, then do music as front.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Justbeingreal(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
undecided

The industry seems choked up mehn even most popular names you know with multiple songs out are still struggling. Just few big names are really chopping money in it.

Fame doesn't equals success.

U can try your luck tho if you're good. U can get money from being signed to a label, shows, endorsements and online sales on different platforms for streaming your joints.

7 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by emeijeh(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ask Airforce1

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by jagabanlewis(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
Yahoo,drugs,

4 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Kendumazy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
YouTube for most famous musicians.

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by boookworm: 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
����
Today, I met my ex and she was kissing her new boyfriend in front of a store, I was watching them and she saw me then she asked me what I was doing there. I told her my wife is pregnant and I am here to buy baby stuffs and I am very very happy. I spoke as if they asked me that.
I proceeded in as she was looking at me, I bought 3 buckets, a baby seat and a baby bed with sponge with soaps then I chattered a taxi and left. She and her boyfriend were looking at me and I felt they envied me sooo much.
Now, my issue is, if you know any woman who has given birth, I am selling buckets, baby seat, soaps and sponge for sale ����

208 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by benratigan3(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
davido blow my mind video has over 20m views. 1 million views equals $8,000 excluding audio streams. do the math and make a hit track.bye

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by osazsky(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Pray make better record label sign u,the rest na storry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by oshe11: 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Most of them na "Pickup" for Yahoo Boys

10 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by naijadrivablog: 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Shows and endorsements.

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by yusufu16: 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Loll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
Through for through for yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by ijewejones: 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
I think endorsement is one

Collaboration payment is two

Let other people add up theirs undecided
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by zinosleek(m): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
If you want to really succeed in music, think about the music and not the money. The money will come after the music.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Pearlyakin(m): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
They still make money from downloads and streaming especially on iTunes, Spotify, YouTube i don't know much about boom player maybe they receive money through it.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Pedro Obaseki: Ban Olamide's "Science Student" For Encouraging Drugs Use / Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission / Seun Kuti On Burna Boy's Underwear Performance - Fela Never Wore Pants On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.