Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander (1607 Views)

JIJI NG: Share Ur Experience. Am I About To Lose Money / Refurbished Iphone Vs Brand New Tecno (ADVICE A BROTHER) / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2018
I want to buy a used phone From someone in abj Through jiji he Want's to send The phone to me but require i pay him first before sending it to through dhl should i send or pay on delivary guys, businessmen and women advice me
Cc lalasticlala, mynd44 front page pls

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Tallesty1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2018
Iambees:
I want to buy a used phone From someone in abj Through jiji he Want's to send but require i pay him first before sending it to true dhl should i send or pay on delivary guys, businessmen and women advice me
You don't value your money.

21 Likes

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by taiwiki(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
Well its very risky tbh even for him sending you the phone while you pay on delivery.

I think it's better to buy from someone who you can actually meet; a person near by.

But If you still want to buy from abuja then maybe you guys should exchange IDs too so in case of scam grin or ask anyone you know in abuja to help you meet the guy.

5 Likes

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2018
Iambees:
I want to buy a used phone From someone in abj Through jiji he Want's to send but require i pay him first before sending it to true dhl should i send or pay on delivary guys, businessmen and women advice me

U can never know if its scam or not until u send money and he didn't send ur phone. Is the person a phone dealer or just an individual? If he ends up scamming u do not come here and say jiji is scam because they clearly state DO NOT SEND MONEY BEFORE U SEE WHAT U ARE BUYING. What if u send the money and he sends u a faulty phone? Guy if u are not comfortable losing that money then don't do it. But if the money is something u think u can lose without worrying then take the risk.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by khalhokage(m): 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2018
If it's on Jiji or Olx or any similar website DON'T PAY BEFORE DELIVERY.

There's so many scammers on these sites, if you guys can't meet to make the transaction then forget it, look for another phone in a place you can easily get to.

5 Likes

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by ryfoz(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
khalhokage:

There's so many scammers on these sites, if you guys can't meet to make the transaction then forget it, look for another phone in a place you can easily get to.

he has said it all

DON'T PAY SHIN GBAIN BEFORE DELIVERY!

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by joshboo(m): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2018
greenhulk:

U can never know if its scam or not until u send money and he didn't send ur phone. Is the person a phone dealer or just an individual? If he ends up scamming u do not come here and say jiji is scam because they clearly state DO NOT SEND MONEY BEFORE U SEE WHAT U ARE BUYING. What if u send the money and he sends u a faulty phone? Guy if u are not comfortable losing that money then don't do it. But if the money is something u think u can lose without worrying then take the risk.

take which stupid risk...no insults meant bro most pf those online especially individuals are big scammers,, Poster don't pay even a kobo. Better go computer village with someone used to the terrains to get yur phone.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2018
joshboo:

take which stupid risk...no insults meant bro most pf those online especially individuals are big scammers,, Poster don't pay even a kobo. Better go computer village with someone used to the terrains to get yur phone.

Good u said most and not all. That's why I asked if the seller is individual or a dealer. I have bought headphones from someone on this forum, the guy stays in Abuja and he said he doesn't do pay on delivery which is understandable. Because the money is just N6,500 I sent it to him with the mind that if I lose it I won't cry. He delivered. I have also bought a phone from protein0 on this forum, he doesn't do pay on delivery but because of positive feedbacks, I sent him the money 75k, got the phone same day. So I still stand by my words, if u know u won't cry if u lose ur money then take the risk. If u know u will cry don't do it.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Protein0: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2018
greenhulk:

Good u said most and not all. That's why I asked if the seller is individual or a dealer. I have bought headphones from someone on this forum, the guy stays in Abuja and he said he doesn't do pay on delivery which is understandable. Because the money is just N6,500 I sent it to him with the mind that if I lose it I won't cry. He delivered. I have also bought a phone from protein0 on this forum, he doesn't do pay on delivery but because of positive feedbacks, I sent him the money 75k, got the phone same day. So I still stand by my words, if u know u won't cry if u lose ur money then take the risk. If u know u will cry don't do it.
thanks for Making reference to that deal kiss
Scammers are many online but that doesn't mean there are no legit people online. In striking online deals, some bits of background checks won't be bad.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
Protein0:
thanks for Making reference to that deal kiss
Scammers are many online but that doesn't mean there are no legit people online. In striking online deals, some bits of background checks won't be bad.

U correct bro. There are lots of scammers but there are also legit people. And the thing is if u have built ur profile very well, u don't need accept pay on delivery before u can make it. Sometimes pay on delivery is not even good for business as people will ask u to bring a product, after delivery they will start telling u story that the money is not complete or that they changed their mind. This is why jumia has stopped pay on delivery for most of their products.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Protein0: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2018
greenhulk:

U correct bro. There are lots of scammers but there are also legit people. And the thing is if u have built ur profile very well, u don't need accept pay on delivery before u can make it.
fact! It's all about name. No one will ever Want to trade his good name for money, no matter how.

greenhulk:

Sometimes pay on delivery is not even good for business as people will ask u to bring a product, after delivery they will start telling u story that the money is not complete or that they changed their mind. This is why jumia has stopped pay on delivery for most of their products.
Nigeria's e-commerce is not ripe for POD

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
greenhulk:

No he is not
Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2018
khalhokage:

Tanx i will Go with this
Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2018
joshboo:

tanx
Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by SUPERPACK: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2018
Iambees:
I want to buy a used phone From someone in abj Through jiji he Want's to send The phone to me but require i pay him first before sending it to through dhl should i send or pay on delivary guys, businessmen and women advice me
.read below before you come back here to lament later, even jiji is warning you never to pay one naira before seeing the product.

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2018
Thanks Guys, I For Dash Another Hustler Money Wey Dey Hard to Get anyway nairaland is Goal!!!
Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by leonard002(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2018
Don't do it! If you must buy a used phone, buy from someone you know and trust!
Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by NowisGod109(f): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2018
Someone needs to create PayPal form of business here in Nigeria whereby we pay with our email account and anyone can get a refund if item not delivered or no tracking
Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by dragnet: 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
buyers don't want to pay before delivery but expect sellers to send before payment? that's simply hypocritical. If you can't pay before delivery, then you should also be cool with seller not sending before payment, everyone has to protect their interest. The seller can also call you a scammer for wanting to take possession of an item you didn't pay for.

2 Likes

Re: Am I About To Be Scam, Advice A Nairalander by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2018
dragnet:
buyers don't want to pay before delivery but expect sellers to send before payment? that's simply hypocritical. If you can't pay before delivery, then you should also be cool with seller not sending before payment, everyone has to protect their interest. The seller can also call you a scammer for wanting to take possession of an item you didn't pay for.

Gbam. Just look at that jumia delivery man case who was killed trying to deliver phones. If those people had paid before delivery that wouldn't have happened.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HUAWEI Y9 2019 Gaming Review: Pubg On Max Settings and GTA San Andreas (Photos) / Top Best Andriod Phones Under 50000 Naira In Nigeria / Oppo Reno Specifications & Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.