Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate (9773 Views)

Poll: On a scale of 10?

10+: 31% (12 votes)
10-8: 47% (18 votes)
8-6: 15% (6 votes)
6-4: 2% (1 vote)
4-2: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Introducing Naija Rapper Godwon :: Winner Of Eminem Freestyle Battle / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Who Is Rap's Best Lyricist? EMINEM, JAY Z, NAS OR KANYE WEST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by montelik(m): 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
Has anyone else given the Eminem Recovery album a listen. Just did quick run through listen and its really, really good. Its good to see he is back to making good music. I was pleasantly surprised by how much better it was than Relapse.

Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
I was downloading it today. The thing come go yari at 97%. I still dey vexxx!!!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by dawhizkid1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
Genuflect:

I was downloading it today. The thing come go yari at 97%. I still dey vexxx!!!!!
d stuff don leak already genu? Give me link abeg na, !
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2010
da-whizkid:

d stuff don leak already genu? Give me link abeg na, !
http://usershare.net/0hfsqzmn8ftq
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
Seriously . . .what's the use of release dates these days when everyone has it as soon as it leaves the studio??
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by dipo2much(m): 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2010
make d guy release the album tomoro jo. Piracy is a fucin whor3. The album wont sell a quarter of what is supposed to sell if he still holds on to the 22nd June date of release. (**i don dey download am for piratebay**).

Between this album and Nas/Damian Marley's Distant Relatives,one of them's got to be BEST ALBUM this year
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2010
I'm such a hypocrite . . . when it was Nas & Damian Marley's Distant Relatives and Jay-Z's Blueprint, I waited for the release date.
Now it's Eminem and Drake . . . I've downloaded the whole thing. grin grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

I'm such a hypocrite . . . when it was Nas & Damian Marley's Distant Relatives and Jay-Z's Blueprint, I waited for the release date.
Now it's Eminem and Drake . . . I've downloaded the whole thing. grin grin
Were they worth it?

I hear Recovery's production is weak, and his wordplay is forced, and Drake is pop. lol

I've heard only Nicki's verse on the whole Thank Me Later. I'm not interested. I downloaded TML a few days ago, and Recovery yesterday. Haven't gotten to listening to them yet. Both haven't been impressing me lately. Can't be bothered yet. Maybe I'll try them tomorrow. Drake first.

Don't forget to d/l Reflection Eternal o.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ravenzord(m): 12:55am On Jun 09, 2010
Downloaded it already, pretty good album. I'll give it an 8/10, but then, I've always loved Em smiley.

@ hax: As for the wordplay, what did you expect? "Like a fc.uk you for Christmas, his gift is a curse" should have given you a hint. And Drake is officially the American version of Jesse Jags, although he has some pretty good songs on TML, like 'Light Up', JayZ killed him on that one.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by dipo2much(m): 7:17am On Jun 09, 2010
Drake's TML began to bore me after a while,i switched back to Distant Relatives which I have ben listening to for over a weak now. Nas and DM hit it.

Those who dont appreciate Nas should download ANY track from that album. Nas na KING
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by aieromon(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2010
dipo2much:

Drake's TML began to bore me after a while,i switched back to Distant Relatives which I have ben listening to for over a weak now. Nas and DM hit it.

Those who dont appreciate Nas should download ANY track from that album. Nas na KING

Still hating tongue

Eminem's going back to where i started digging him.lemme download and listen.Can't wait to see all the Stans fill up this thread.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hancock(m): 8:56am On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

Seriously . . .what's the use of release dates these days when everyone has it as soon as it leaves the studio??
albums usually get leaked 1-2-3 weeks before their release dates . . . . . thats why we have release dates  grin
listened to the first 5 tracks on my way to work this morning. . . . . so far the album looks tight compared to relapse . . . . . . . just my opinion  wink
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by aieromon(m): 9:53am On Jun 09, 2010
hancock:

albums usually get leaked 1-2-3 weeks before their release dates . . . . . thats why we have release dates  grin
listened to the first 5 tracks on my way to work this morning. . . . . so far the album looks tight compared to relapse . . . . . . . just my opinion  wink

Worst Em LP IMHO
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2010
hax:

Were they worth it?

I hear Recovery's production is weak, and his wordplay is forced, and Drake is pop. lol

I've heard only Nicki's verse on the whole Thank Me Later. I'm not interested. I downloaded TML a few days ago, and Recovery yesterday. Haven't gotten to listening to them yet. Both haven't been impressing me lately. Can't be bothered yet. Maybe I'll try them tomorrow. Drake first.

Don't forget to d/l Reflection Eternal o.

The problem with Recovery is, we'll all be tempted to compare it to Relapse . . . any album will trash Relapse.
For now though, I've only listened to the song with Rihanna, Em's doing a Kanye (Bittersweet).

Drake's album is not what I expected it to be, but he has some really good commercial singles.
IMO B.O.B's album trashes TML on every level. I expected Thank Me Later to be like Late Registration.

I've got RPM, haven't listened yet.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2010
hancock:

Hehehe . . . you guys are bad for business cheesy cheesy
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by kay29000(m): 10:34am On Jun 09, 2010
i have not heard it but singles i av heard i dont think he is really confused at this state in his career n d album looks like it wont be coherant, i was disappointed at d song with pink, it was like em was just shouting on d track, n d funny thing is that i am a big fan of both artist. em's flow is sounded forced n with all d guest appearances, i hope he doest end up shooting himself in d foot. but he is eminen, n even if d album got leaked a whole month before release date, he will still sale a decent 3
http://nairaland.com
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by milkan05(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2010
Not Afraid. . . Awesome track!! cool
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2010
This is a Public Service Announcement

The real Slim Shady is not sane yet!!!
The real Slim Shady is not sane yet!!!

They call me the Stephon Marbury of rap, darlin'
Cuz as soon as they throw on some R-Kelly I start ballin'
Makin' it rain for them ladies in the mini's
But I'm not throwin' ones, fives, tens, or even twenties
I'm throwin' quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies up at skinnies

I'll rip a tree out the ground
And flip it upside down
'Fore I turn over a new leaf

Eminem - W.T.P grin grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Wordsmith(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

The problem with Recovery is, we'll all be tempted to compare it to Relapse . . . any album will trash Relapse.
For now though, I've only listened to the song with Rihanna, Em's doing a Kanye (Bittersweet).

Drake's album is not what I expected it to be, but he has some really good commercial singles.
IMO B.O.B's album trashes TML on every level. I expected Thank Me Later to be like Late Registration.

Reflection Eternal's Revolutions Per Minute was dissapointing. i expected so much, haven enjoyed the mixtape The RE:Union. . .

you listen to B.oB? undecided What tha. . .?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
TML was alright. Drake does know how to do his hooks and beats. It's a pity Eminem can't do the same. After so many years in the game. At least Nas ran to uncle Damian when he knew he couldn't pick beats to save his life. lmao

eldee:

Credibility lost.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by aieromon(m): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
I expected Thank Me Later to be like Late Registration

Sorry he disappointed you.I knew a disaster was going to come out of this project,forget how many copies he eventually sells.He featured too many A-class rappers on the album(wonder if he was looking for a nationwide appeal).What was Nicki Minaj even doing on the album?

B.O.B's album trashes TML on every level

Two bloody singers competing for my-space.I'd rather listen to souljaboytellem.com than B.O.B

hax:

TML was alright. Drake does know how to do his hooks and beats. It's a pity Eminem can't do the same.

Drake came up at a time where its ''hiphop'' to sing and slur through a rap verse.
As per the beats,c'mon mahn,Drake's are kinda sluggish and laid back.Eminem will kill any beat from rock to reggae to soul.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
hax:

TML was alright. Drake does know how to do his hooks and beats. It's a pity Eminem can't do the same. After so many years in the game. At least Nas ran to uncle Damian when he knew he couldn't pick beats to save his life. lmao
Credibility lost.

I think B.O.B is the better than Drake at doing hooks. . . you should listen to the song he did with Giggz (UK's finest).
B.O.B's album was a journey through the world of music . . . listen to the song with Lupe Fiaso, and then the highlight of the album Magic.

Drake was too formulaic for me, it was the typical commercial album. . . track for track, Nothing on You trashes Find Your Love, Airplanes trashes Over, Magic trashes Light Up . . . B.O.B even had a rock song on his album, that's as good as it gets for a new rapper.

aieromon:

Sorry he disappointed you.I knew a disaster was going to come out of this project,forget how many copies he eventually sells.He featured too many A-class rappers on the album(wonder if he was looking for a nationwide appeal).What was Nicki Minaj even doing on the album?

Two bloody singers competing for my-space.I'd rather listen to souljaboytellem.com than B.O.B

I don't see anything wrong with rappers singing, as long as you do it properly like Drake did on Forever.
He just did the Diddy effect thing . . . but I trust Drake, he'll come back stronger.

Nikki is basically the only chic in rap right now . . . she's an asset Young Money.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

I think B.O.B is the better than Drake at doing hooks. . . you should listen to the song he did with Giggz (UK's finest).
B.O.B's album was a journey through the world of music . . . listen to the song with Lupe Fiaso, and then the highlight of the album Magic.
Heard Giggs here and there on a few tracks with Skepta. He's aight.
But that's by the way though.
Maybe YOU should listen to Drake on 'Say Something'. Or Drake on 'Best I Ever Had'.
Drake is more consistent. and he's shown that he's good at it.

Drake was too formulaic for me, it was the typical commercial album. . . track for track, Nothing on You trashes Find Your Love, Airplanes trashes Over, Magic trashes Light Up . . . B.O.B even had a rock song on his album, that's as good as it gets for a new rapper.
*stops reading there*
Yeah, that's GOOD for rap music. Let's rap less and release more songs of other genres.
Because our 'new school rappers can't fxcking rap or pick good beats, we have to listen to them branch out to other genres? Why should I buy a B.o.B. album to listen to Rock? Did REAL rock fans give a fxck about Lil Wayne's Rebirth? Would real rock fans go out of their way to listen to B.o.B's 'rock-rap'? That's like Sade promising a rap track on her next fans. Hip hop heads won't give a fxck. People buying her album WILL though. Because they want to hear what she's good at. That's why they bought her album in the first place.

Why don't RnB artists start rapping? Why don't pop stars start rapping? Why is it rappers who have to sing pop music and rnb? Isn't rap doing well on its own? Maybe they know they just aren't too good at what they do. but they need fans. They need to sell. What's the best thing to do? Appeal to a wide audience and alienate your real fans. Would people who heard B.o.B 2 years ago on his mixtapes be happy to hear him do 'rock' on his debut LP?

And lmao @ Thank Me Later for being 'commercial' and 'formulaic'. So B.o.B.'s Adventures was 'not commercial'. Why the fxck was he singing all over the place then?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2010
@hax

I was comparing Thank Me Later to B.O.B's The Adventures of Bobby Ray.
Not Drake V B.O.B . . . and in my opinion, B.O.B's hooks are better.
I only put the Giggz song because I remember you on a thread saying he couldn't sing. . . I was like, WTF!!!

If you listen to old music, you'll notice that most times at the end of major eras different genres forge into a recognisable sound for the era itself.
It's been like that ever since, that's how you get sounds that define decades.

And yes, real rock fans don't like Lil Wayne because he's not good at rock . . . but they love Kanye to bits.
Rappers are not good musicians, it's something that you'll soon learn.
I believe in making good music, and when I say he did a rock song, I meant a rap song with Rock influences like Numb/Encore.

And I don't know if you didn't notice but R'nB (Yeah, KARMA), Rock (Let It Rock, Linkin Park), Soul, Pop(Diva) and most progressive genres have one time or the other picked up rap influences.
If it's good music, put it in . . . even MJ had some hiphop influenced sounds.

'Commercial' and safe is what Drake did, it's different from B.O.B's innovation . . . I've only listened to TML once though.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by montelik(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
them last two albums didn't count
Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushing em out
I've come to make it up to you now no more fuckin around
I got something to prove to fans cos I feel like I let em down

Eminem - Talkin' 2 Myself (feat. Kobe)
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
eldee:

@hax

I was comparing Thank Me Later to B.O.B's The Adventures of Bobby Ray.
Not Drake V B.O.B . . . and in my opinion, B.O.B's hooks are better.
This is one position I don't really like. Defending one who's 10x less sh-itty than the other.

Whatever.

Show Me a Good Time, Over, and Fireworks hooks were better than everything on B.o.B's  apart from Nothin On You. Which was by Bruno Mars anyways. lol
Seriously? With terrible hooks like 'Bet I', 'The Kids' and 'Past My Shades'? I'm sure you wouldn't like to be caught singing the hook of 'Fame'. And if the hook of '5th dimension' is your thing, then well, good for you. You want less rap in hip hop music anyways.

I only put the Giggz song because I remember you on a thread saying he couldn't sing. . . I was like, WTF!!!
Ummm. . . I remember saying exactly the opposite. Check my posts again.

If you listen to old music, you'll notice that most times at the end of major eras different genres forge into a recognisable sound for the era itself.
It's been like that ever since, that's how you get sounds that define decades.
Umm. . . so?

And yes, real rock fans don't like Lil Wayne because he's not good at rock . . . but they love Kanye to bits.
REALLY? Real rock fans love Kanye? lmao

Rappers are not good musicians, it's something that you'll soon learn.
I believe in making good music, and when I say he did a rock song, I meant a rap song with Rock influences like Numb/Encore.
Numb/encore wouldn't have been a good song if it mixed bad rock and bad rap together.

And I don't know if you didn't notice but R'nB (Yeah, KARMA), Rock (Let It Rock, Linkin Park), Soul, Pop(Diva) and most progressive genres have one time or the other picked up rap influences.
If it's good music, put it in . . . even MJ had some hiphop influenced sounds.
No. If I want to listen to RnB, I'll buy Alicia's latest. Not listen to some cra-ppy rapper sing and drop wack verses.

'Commercial' and safe is what Drake did, it's different from B.O.B's innovation . . . I've only listened to TML once though.
Yup. More singing instead of rapping in a hip-hop album is exactly the kind of innovation hip-hop needs. B.o.B is the future.

Thank God The Roots are dropping an album in 2 weeks time. Heard enough sh-it recently.

I'm happy you didn't even try to compare Drake and B.o.B's lyrical skills. But I'm sure his horrible singing and pop beats make up for it though.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by kashmo: 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Boiz r not smiling!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ofokaofoki: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
with all the noise u guys are making bout em let me even download the album sef. shocked shocked
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by obinna5000(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
I've not listened to the full album yet. I heard some of the songs on YOuTube.
I'll wait for it to be released official first before I'll listen to the whole thing.

Seems like Eminem's Recovery will be better than "Relapse".
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ofokaofoki: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
hmm listening to '''''almost famous , i noticed the beat was ok, but shadys rhymes were off beat on verse 2, seems he is trying too hard to get back on track,

ps b.o.b hooks were far better than this piece of eminem shit, i have a feeling em is losing his hit making skills.

make i hear d rihanna joint. first i wonder what u mofos are hyping i score the album 4/10 grin grin 2 stars
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ofokaofoki: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
listening to ''''you are never over''
hmm i have heard 4 different beats now, he is rapping on southern beats , hihats on all bars, this beats are not typical eminem style beats, another failure, grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: DJ AB – Soyayya Dadi [audio + Video] / Best Of 2face (30 Greatest Hits) / MIXTAPE: Dj Integrity – Party Gyration Mixtape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.