Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,042 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

I’ll Play In Qatar 2022 With White Beard - Sergio Ramos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’ll Play In Qatar 2022 With White Beard - Sergio Ramos (516 Views)

Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium In Qatar Unveiled To The World With Spectacular Launch / Messi Shaves His Beard As Enthusiastic Barca Stars Train Before La Liga Return / Sergio Ramos Was Seen Smiling As Mohamed Salah Left The Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Play In Qatar 2022 With White Beard - Sergio Ramos by G1STMORE: 6:09am On Jul 03, 2018
GistMore.com

Spain captain Sergio Ramos said the pain of exiting the World Cup to Russia will motivate him to stay with the national team up until the 2022 tournament in Qatar – even if at 36 by that stage he is sporting a white beard.

Andres Iniesta, 34, and Gerard Pique, 31 – who won the World Cup alongside Ramos in 2010 — have already confirmed that they are leaving the national setup following a third straight disappointment at an international tournament, with other members of Spain’s golden generation including David Silva, 32, and Pepe Reina, 35, also expected to bow out now.

However, 32-year-old Ramos said he plans to keep adding to his tally of 156 senior international caps, and told reporters in the Luzhniki stadium mixed zone that he was positive about the younger players coming through the ranks.

“I am not in favour of many changes,” Ramos said. “This is not the end of a cycle, Pique and Iniesta are players who have been very important, but other people are coming up strongly from below. This team has a very good youth system, players with a lot of personality. I would like to keep going many more years. I am leaving this World Cup with a terrible pain. I feel obliged to reach Qatar with a white beard.”

Sergio Ramos wants to continue with Spain despite their unexpected World Cup exit against Russia.

Fernando Hierro is not expected to continue as coach ahead of the UEFA Nations League, although Ramos praised how the former Spain and Real Madrid player had dealt with a job he found himself doing unexpectedly just days before the tournament began.

“We are proud of the coach,” he said. “It fell to him in a delicate moment, and we should be thankful that he had the courage to take it on. He did very well, despite the results. I’ve always thought that in football the coaches end up being ex-players. In this sense we were very comfortable with Fernando. It does not depend on us, but we would not mind if Hierro continued. As captain I just want the best for Spanish football.”

GIST BY GISTMORE : http://www.gistmore.com/ill-play-qatar-2022-white-beard-sergio-ramos

Re: I’ll Play In Qatar 2022 With White Beard - Sergio Ramos by G1STMORE: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2018
cool
Re: I’ll Play In Qatar 2022 With White Beard - Sergio Ramos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2018
Nothing do you.....
Dem go dribble you tire Mr Hand Breaker!
Re: I’ll Play In Qatar 2022 With White Beard - Sergio Ramos by Topmaike007(m): 6:23am On Jul 03, 2018
Ramos my man
Re: I’ll Play In Qatar 2022 With White Beard - Sergio Ramos by maxnedu11(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2018
Ramos will receive the dribble that will force him to retirement he should go and ask puyol. Spain played an exhausted Russian team half field for more than 30mins and couldn't win. This is pure bad luck.

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto Gifts Super Eagles Player, Abdullahi Shehu A House, Land & Cash (photos) / Vote Ahmed Musa: FIFA Goal Of The Tournament. The Power Of 190 Million Nigerians / See What Diego Simeone Said About Ronaldo And Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.