Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes (33078 Views)

Concoction Native Jollof Rice Recipe | Palm Oil Rice With No Tomatoes (Photos) / Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) / Simple Nigerian Fried Rice. How To Cook Pocket Friendly Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 6:57am On Jul 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gK7oMdLtw

Carrot jollof rice is an easy way of preparing rice with carrot, this is the best alternative to tomato jollof rice and if you have not tried this specific rice recipe before, you can do so after watching this video, you will definitely fall in love with this yummy delicious jollof rice made with carrot.
This carrot jollof rice is a must try for everyone, it is filled with unique flavor and also requires simple ingredients read the steps below and see how to prepare this dish.

Carrot Rice Ingredients[b]
[/b]
• 1 large mackerel, fried
• 3 cup of rice, parboiled
• 6 medium baby carrot, blended
• 3 red shombo, blended ( you can use red bell peppers)
• 2 scotch bonnets, crushed
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 3 stock cubes
• 2 cups fish stock
• Salt to taste

Steps on how to prepare carrot jollof rice

1. Place the rice in a pot and add few cups of water to slightly cover it, place on heat to boil for 5 minutes.
2. Rinse the rice under running water to remove excess starch and strain out excess liquid.
3. Rinse the carrot and cut into smaller shapes, place in a blender with a little water and puree into a smooth consistency.
4. Pass the blended carrot over a fine colander, add a little water to the blender to rinse and squeeze out all the juice from the chaff.
5. Blend the scotch bonnet and chilli peppers into a smooth consistency, you don’t need water in it and set all aside.
6. Place an empty pot on stove, add a little peanut oil to it and add the minced garlic and chopped onions and sauté until fragrant.
7. Add the blended pepper to the oil and stir-fry for 3 minutes, season with thyme, curry powder and stir.
8. Add the carrot chaff into it and stir-fry. This will turn out very thick; add the fish stock and the carrot juice and stir very well. Now season
the stock properly with some stock cubes and a pinch of salt and taste to know if you’re okay with the taste.
9. Bring the stock to a boil. Add the parboiled rice into the content and stir until it mixes properly. Leave to cook for 5-10 minutes on medium
heat for the liquid to reduce.
10. After 5 minutes, place a foil paper over it and close the lid to steam on low heat using the heat. Make sure you check it from time to time
to see if the liquid is dried or the rice is soft.
11. Come back to it and mix so the rice will mix properly with the rest of the ingredients. Garnish with extra onions, spring onions and 1 diced
tomatoes.
12. Carrot jollof rice is done. Serve it warm with salad. Enjoy.

40 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by overdrive(m): 7:09am On Jul 03, 2018
I am already salivating.

13 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2018
overdrive:
I am already salivating.
Lol
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Mariangeles(f): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2018
Nice...

2 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 10:55am On Jul 03, 2018
Mariangeles:
Nice...
thanks

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Folashade2016(f): 11:45am On Jul 03, 2018
Been there done that. Not new to me. BTW nice one tho.

check my SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Patosky4U: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2018
I no get time for any cooking now until my bank alert na....

5 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by DIKEnaWAR: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2018
Yummy.

You go sabi cook real real.

3 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by genie66(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2018
cheesy
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by AdoredLadyvida: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2018
Fooood...this is Awesome

I Woke up this morning So Hungry,

But As Usual Our Head Chef Mr....Did not let me Down With A great Breakfast.

So I am Cool Already.

God Bless U.S.A,Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2018
vinegurl:

Lol

obviously these is not for me !! 3 cups of rice is not even enough to cover my breakfast cry

9 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Pweetyradiance(f): 11:51am On Jul 03, 2018
Na person wey get money dey cook na.

2 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Amarabae(f): 11:52am On Jul 03, 2018
I love cooking it sometimes.
Nothing beats my goat meat flavoured jollof rice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by doskie(m): 11:52am On Jul 03, 2018
i have read it and i am seeing strange words. please who can cook it for me i will pay

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by feodan: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2018
Wow ! so amazing, wish my future wife know how to cook this

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by wink2015(m): 11:54am On Jul 03, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gK7oMdLtw

Carrot jollof rice is an easy way of preparing rice with carrot, this is the best alternative to tomato jollof rice and if you have not tried this specific rice recipe before, you can do so after watching this video, you will definitely fall in love with this yummy delicious jollof rice made with carrot.
This carrot jollof rice is a must try for everyone, it is filled with unique flavor and also requires simple ingredients read the steps below and see how to prepare this dish.

Carrot Rice Ingredients[b]
[/b]
• 1 large mackerel, fried
• 3 cup of rice, parboiled
• 6 medium baby carrot, blended
• 3 red shombo, blended ( you can use red bell peppers)
• 2 scotch bonnets, crushed
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 3 stock cubes
• 2 cups fish stock
• Salt to taste

Steps on how to prepare carrot jollof rice

1. Place the rice in a pot and add few cups of water to slightly cover it, place on heat to boil for 5 minutes.
2. Rinse the rice under running water to remove excess starch and strain out excess liquid.
3. Rinse the carrot and cut into smaller shapes, place in a blender with a little water and puree into a smooth consistency.
4. Pass the blended carrot over a fine colander, add a little water to the blender to rinse and squeeze out all the juice from the chaff.
5. Blend the scotch bonnet and chilli peppers into a smooth consistency, you don’t need water in it and set all aside.
6. Place an empty pot on stove, add a little peanut oil to it and add the minced garlic and chopped onions and sauté until fragrant.
7. Add the blended pepper to the oil and stir-fry for 3 minutes, season with thyme, curry powder and stir.
8. Add the carrot chaff into it and stir-fry. This will turn out very thick; add the fish stock and the carrot juice and stir very well. Now season
the stock properly with some stock cubes and a pinch of salt and taste to know if you’re okay with the taste.
9. Bring the stock to a boil. Add the parboiled rice into the content and stir until it mixes properly. Leave to cook for 5-10 minutes on medium
heat for the liquid to reduce.
10. After 5 minutes, place a foil paper over it and close the lid to steam on low heat using the heat. Make sure you check it from time to time
to see if the liquid is dried or the rice is soft.
11. Come back to it and mix so the rice will mix properly with the rest of the ingredients. Garnish with extra onions, spring onions and 1 diced
tomatoes.
12. Carrot jollof rice is done. Serve it warm with salad. Enjoy.

Nice Share! Keep the write up burning!

2 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Narldon: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2018

I've done this before;

It turned out to be the most delicious Rice I've cooked.

5 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by doskie(m): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2018
Amarabae:
how far. invite me makebi visit you on sunday around 3 pm. by that time rice go don cook.

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Bantino(m): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2018
Must be delicious

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by wristbangle: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2018
vinegurl:

Lol

Please Text me your house address cry cry
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2018
Op,you fit cook am?You go copy the preparation for YouTube come post am here.

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Chumani(f): 11:57am On Jul 03, 2018
GBAM
Am going to try this

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by wristbangle: 11:58am On Jul 03, 2018
Amarabae:

Oriaku, when are cooking this next? smiley
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by bqlekan(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2018
I just want to know if vinegurl is married

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by Dacronym(m): 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2018
Young lady in all seriousness pls respect yourself, no jokes
But why are people so Inconsiderate like this
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by naksjude(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
all these long process/ingredients just to cook jollof rice.Mtcheeww
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by khalhokage(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
Which one is Scotch bonnet again? just say fresh pepper Na.

5 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
bqlekan:
I just want to know if vinegurl is married
Bros no go there o! I'm already gathering the bride price grin

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
ericsmith:

obviously these is not for me !! 3 cups of rice is not even enough to cover my breakfast cry
You can increase it. I don't don't have plenty mouths that's why I measured three
Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
khalhokage:
Which one is Scotch bonnet again? just say fresh pepper Na.
OK, ata rodo

3 Likes

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by khalhokage(m): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
vinegurl:
OK, ata rodo
lol

1 Like

Re: Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes by vinegurl(f): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
Dacronym:
Young lady in all seriousness pls respect yourself, no jokes
Sorry biko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) / Food: Who Would You Visit? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.