Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Wellwisher Raise $45K For 12yrs Kid Who Had Cop Called For Mowing Lawn - Foto - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wellwisher Raise $45K For 12yrs Kid Who Had Cop Called For Mowing Lawn - Foto (331 Views)

UK Prime Minister Sacks Minister, Paul Bristow Who Called For Gaza Ceasefire / Nonhlanhla Zulu: Meet The Female Cop Who Led The Team That Arrested Zuma / Iraq New Source For Arm Smuggling To African Nations? foto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wellwisher Raise $45K For 12yrs Kid Who Had Cop Called For Mowing Lawn - Foto by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2018
A whopping $45,000 has been raised for a boy from Ohio who was reported to cops for mowing a lawn.

A young entrepreneur, Reginald 'Reggie' Fields had been spending his summer mowing lawns in his neighborhood to make a little extra cash - and develop a kind of grassroots business.

The youngster, helped by his siblings and cousins, was cutting the grass for Lucille Holt when he accidentally crossed over into her neighbor's front yard.

The yards are not separated by a hedge or fence and instead run into each other making it difficult to see where one lawn begins, and another ends.

The furious neighbors called 911 on the 12-year-old boy much to the bewilderment of Holt.

A GoFundMe page that was set up to help the boy and his friends with the aim of raising $1,000 has now raised 45 times that amount.

'Please don't let small-minded, petty people ruin your spirit,' Robyn Anderson of Ames, Iowa, wrote on the page. 'You are a good kid with a good work ethic and a bright future. You can help change the world for the better.'

Reggie's business is also booming with people from all over the neighborhood asking him to mow their lawns.

The family have even received donations of gardening equipment to expand the business, and make their job a little easier.

'People are inboxing me like, "how can I get in touch with these children? Where are they at? I got property I want these kids to cut,"' Holt said.

The video which ended up going viral captured the moment police arrived to speak to the boy and the neighbor that employed him.

'Who does that?' Holt asked at being told of the neighbor's 911 call. 'I'm so angry right now, this is totally ridiculous.'

Holt said that the kids had been minding their own business, mowing the lawn, when they accidentally strayed into the neighbor's portion of the yard.

She added that most people would be pleased to see kids developing a good work ethic, and staying off the streets.

'They should be glad these kids aren't here breaking their cars windows out. They should be glad they aren't here stealing their cars.
'They called the police because the kids were cutting their grass. who does that?'

Holt added that her troublesome neighbors would call the police at the drop of a hat.

'They call the police for everything, they call the police because my kids were throwing snowballs. Who does that?'

Maple Heights Police Department, Lt. Joe Mocsiran said an officer responded but no action was taken against Reggie or his relatives. 'A little kid is out there working hard - heck no.'

'They said I was cutting their grass. I didn't know it,' said little Reggie, who runs Mr. Reggie's Lawn Cutting Service, to WPTV.

Reggie's mom Brandy Marie Fields was also furious, writing on Facebook: 'This is what happens when your kids are doing positive things in maple. The police show up. SMH.'

Holt's viral video sparked outrage online where dozens of people have condemned the neighbor for calling the cops on hard working young kids and wasting the police's time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5911937/Wellwishers-raise-37k-12-year-old-black-kid-cops-called-mowing-lawn.html

Re: Wellwisher Raise $45K For 12yrs Kid Who Had Cop Called For Mowing Lawn - Foto by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2018
ilofy:
A whopping $45,000 has been raised for a boy from Ohio who was reported to cops for mowing a lawn.

A young entrepreneur, Reginald 'Reggie' Fields had been spending his summer mowing lawns in his neighborhood to make a little extra cash - and develop a kind of grassroots business.

The youngster, helped by his siblings and cousins, was cutting the grass for Lucille Holt when he accidentally crossed over into her neighbor's front yard.

The yards are not separated by a hedge or fence and instead run into each other making it difficult to see where one lawn begins, and another ends.

The furious neighbors called 911 on the 12-year-old boy much to the bewilderment of Holt.

A GoFundMe page that was set up to help the boy and his friends with the aim of raising $1,000 has now raised 45 times that amount.

'Please don't let small-minded, petty people ruin your spirit,' Robyn Anderson of Ames, Iowa, wrote on the page. 'You are a good kid with a good work ethic and a bright future. You can help change the world for the better.'

Reggie's business is also booming with people from all over the neighborhood asking him to mow their lawns.

The family have even received donations of gardening equipment to expand the business, and make their job a little easier.

'People are inboxing me like, "how can I get in touch with these children? Where are they at? I got property I want these kids to cut,"' Holt said.

The video which ended up going viral captured the moment police arrived to speak to the boy and the neighbor that employed him.

'Who does that?' Holt asked at being told of the neighbor's 911 call. 'I'm so angry right now, this is totally ridiculous.'

Holt said that the kids had been minding their own business, mowing the lawn, when they accidentally strayed into the neighbor's portion of the yard.

She added that most people would be pleased to see kids developing a good work ethic, and staying off the streets.

'They should be glad these kids aren't here breaking their cars windows out. They should be glad they aren't here stealing their cars.
'They called the police because the kids were cutting their grass. who does that?'

Holt added that her troublesome neighbors would call the police at the drop of a hat.

'They call the police for everything, they call the police because my kids were throwing snowballs. Who does that?'

Maple Heights Police Department, Lt. Joe Mocsiran said an officer responded but no action was taken against Reggie or his relatives. 'A little kid is out there working hard - heck no.'

'They said I was cutting their grass. I didn't know it,' said little Reggie, who runs Mr. Reggie's Lawn Cutting Service, to WPTV.

Reggie's mom Brandy Marie Fields was also furious, writing on Facebook: 'This is what happens when your kids are doing positive things in maple. The police show up. SMH.'

Holt's viral video sparked outrage online where dozens of people have condemned the neighbor for calling the cops on hard working young kids and wasting the police's time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5911937/Wellwishers-raise-37k-12-year-old-black-kid-cops-called-mowing-lawn.html

(1) (Reply)

Lindsey Graham Blasts Democrats: 'What You Want to Do Is Destroy This Guy' / Bomb Suspect, Cesar Sayoc Arrested In Florida. See How He Was Traced & Arrested / North Korea Has Said It Will Not Relinquish Its Nuclear Weapons Until ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.