Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,487 members, 7,854,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:51 AM

Mikel’s Father Kidnapped Few Hours Before Argentina Clash - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel’s Father Kidnapped Few Hours Before Argentina Clash (219 Views)

Nigeria's John Obi Mikel Reveals Father Kidnapped Before World Cup Clash Vs. Arg / Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) / Nigerian Police Officers Arrive Russia In Their Uniforms For Argentina Clash.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel’s Father Kidnapped Few Hours Before Argentina Clash by Concisenews: 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
John Obi Mikel has revealed that he knew about his father’s kidnap two hours before Nigeria’s crucial final group game against Argentina at the 2018 Word Cup in Russia.

Pa Michael Obi was rescued from kidnappers, the Enugu State Police Command said on Monday evening.

And speaking after his dad’s release, Mikel revealed that he was undeterred to play the game when the news was broken to him.

“We were few hours to kick off against Argentina when I got wind of the report that my dad had been kidnapped but I had no choice than to pray for his safety and play the game,” he said.

“I felt I had 180million people behind me and I must make them proud. Which was also the reason I had a wrist cast on my fractured finger for the game.

“And it is very painful that we lost to Argentina if you put all those that happened before the game.”

Source:
https://www.concisenews.global/2018/07/03/mikels-father-kidnapped-few-hours-before-argentina-clash/

(1) (Reply)

Top Seed Federer, Zverev And Monfils Into Last 16 / Croatia Sink England To Reach First World Cup Final / Chelsea Sack Conte As Sarri Move Inches Closer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.