Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community (2040 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Prophetess Who Claimed She Went To Hell Apologize To The Church / Mike Davids: I Received Instructions From God To Apologize To Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by sweetrace(f): 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2018
bigismalls:
Religion is the world’s greatest undoing and it is high time people stop perpetuating crimes - mass killings, hate crimes et al under the guise of religion.

This gesture is a really good start. An acknowledgment of all the ills meted on LGBTQ and probably other protected class. But we still have a long way to go. Continue to preach tolerance and acceptance! Live and let live!

Tolerance 〰 yes. Acceptance 〰 never. We love them because they are people made in the image of God. We hate their acts because it is a perversion of what love making should be. Please don't claim it is their sexual orientation. Gayness is nurture and not nature. If you accept that they are born this way then please accept incest pedos and co.
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by sweetrace(f): 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
sKeetz:

fvck Jesus. Who your Jesus help. undecided

Jesus helped me. Made me the confident woman I am today. Made me able to embrace and express love. Made me an achiever who respects herself others and God. Jesus made me this fearless but tender hearted woman I am. So yes✔️ Jesus sure helped me. And I am not religious. I am a Christian. A lover and follower of Jesus the Christ.

1 Like

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
According to you christians God is an unchangeable God.
Please, if you havent yet been,
I'll like you to be objective, factual, unprejudiced and most of all, be well-informed, as you next comment or post remarks

RuthlessLeader:
Even the jesus said that he didn't come to abolish the law itself.
When laws supersede each other,
why would you think Jesus has to and/or needed to abolish the law or any law for that matter Ruth'. Hmm?

RuthlessLeader:
So if it was applicable then it is applicable now.
You brought up Deutoronomy 22:28-29 first, didnt you?
You must know a thing or two about Deutoronomy 22:28-29
and that's really why, I requested you explain how Deutoronomy 22:28-29 was applicable back then
and let's both see whether or not it's something that today stands the test of time
(i.e. explain how, when, where it was applicable then and let's both see how it is applicable now)

RuthlessLeader:
Even if you say that was a different time with less morality we are talking about Yahweh here. This was a god who parted the red sea, covered an entire country in three days darkness, caused a worldwide flood.
If god despised rape, he would put up a law punishing rapists and not telling victims to marry their rapists.
Facepalm.
Are you sure you know much of this Deutoronomy 22:28-29 you're talking on about here?
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
bedspread:
1. The Act of Homosexualism i.e. Either as Gay, Lesbian, Bestiality etc

2.The Act of mating with ur Kind either as Married Couples or otherwise.. what even an Animal will not do.... it's Disgusting, it's Wickedness, its Abominable

3. It's An Abominable against the doer body and it's Against GOD'S instructions to Man

3b. It's Abominable to the doer because he/ she did not create himself/herself... The Creator of that body and owner of that soul is against such and infact every form of sin..

4. The Sin of Homosexuality. Man having A Sexual Relationship with his fellow man.
Woman having a Sexual Relationship with a woman..

Leviticus 20:13
1corithians 6:9-11
Romans 1:26-28
1Timotht 1:9-10
Read Genesis 19 .. The Whole of that chapter
bedspread, you see yourself how ill-informed you are

Though you wont place or arrange your presented bible verses in line with applicable given answers
I can only hazard guesses which answer out of 1, 2, 3a, 3b and 4, the bible verses you gave applies to
Thats life, so let's start with the last first (i.e. you gave Genesis 19 to read)
What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Please, if you havent yet been,
I'll like you to be objective, factual, unprejudiced and most of all, be well-informed, as you next comment or post remarks

When laws supersede each other,
why would you think Jesus has to and/or needed to abolish the law or any law for that matter Ruth'. Hmm?

You brought up Deutoronomy 22:28-29 first, didnt you?
You must know a thing or two about Deutoronomy 22:28-29
and that's really why, I requested you explain how Deutoronomy 22:28-29 was applicable back then
and let's both see whether or not it's something that today stands the test of time
(i.e. explain how, when, where it was applicable then and let's both see how it is applicable now)

Facepalm.
Are you sure you know much of this Deutoronomy 22:28-29 you're talking on about here?
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says that if a man sees any virgin and rapes her and he is caught. He is to marry that woman, pay her father 50 shekels of silver and can never divorce her. This is a stupid law. The woman has no say in the matter at all. It is misogyny.

What do you understand by the law?

1 Like

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 10:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says that if a man sees any virgin and rapes her and he is caught.
He is to marry that woman, pay her father 50 shekels of silver and can never divorce her.
This is a stupid law
When read in isolation, unsurprisingly, you would call it a stupid law.

RuthlessLeader:
The woman has no say in the matter at all
Are you sure. Are you sure about that

RuthlessLeader:
It is misogyny
It is misogny what?

RuthlessLeader:
What do you understand by the law?
Werent you earlier advised to be objective, factual, unprejudiced and most of all, be well-informed, as you next comment or post remarks
Are you saying you dont know or dont understand the context of how that law came about?

1 Like

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

It is misogny what?

Werent you earlier advised to be objective, factual, unprejudiced and most of all, be well-informed, as you next comment or post remarks
Are you saying you dont know or dont understand the context of how that law came about?

There are many arguments over the use of the word “rape” and what is meant by “hold”, “seize” or “force”. Honestly, I have to wonder how much of this is revisionist viewings of the Bible in light of the modern day viewings of things.

Let’s look at 22:25–27, for example, where it’s clear what we’re discussing:

English: “But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death. For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor, because he met her in the open country, and though the betrothed young woman cried for help there was no one to rescue her.”

Very clearly a rape, right? (we won’t get into the fact that if a woman is raped in a city, she’s guilty of a crime…that’s pretty sick, really)

Now, let’s look at a straight, character-by-character translation: Deuteronomy 22:25 Hebrew Text Analysis

I see the word “force” and “lie”, so yes, let’s keep running with it…we’re discussing rape.

now, 22:28–29:

English: “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.”

So, what is meant by that, “seizes”. Some people seem to feel that means, basically, a seduction. So, once again, let’s look at the Hebrew: Deuteronomy 22:28 Hebrew Text Analysis

Hmmm…”lay hold”…in my eyes, this doesn’t sound like some poetic phrase…this sounds, again, like a captive of some sort. Sadly, we never see this particular verbiage used again in the Bible, so we have nothing to compare it with. So, it really seems to be in “the eye of the beholder.”

But, let’s look at something else that may make things a little clearer:

22:13–21: discusses penalties for lying about virginal status of a bride

22:22: penalty for adultery

22:23–24: penalty for raping an engaged woman in the city (assumed to be a virgin due to tradition)

22:25–27: penalty for raping an engaged woman in the country

22:28–29: penalty for having sex with a non-engaged virgin

This is…interesting…either we have to say that 22:28–29 is talking about the penalty for rape (as the pattern has been set by 23–27)…or the Bible has set forth no penalty whatsoever for raping a woman who isn’t engaged.

I’m not sure which is worse, but I’m inclined to say, due to the established pattern, 22:28–29 is discussing the penalty for rape. I feel very confident in making that determination.

Answer copied from garett murphy on quora.
Link: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-meaning-of-Deuteronomy-22-28-29

1 Like

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

It is misogny what?

Why don't you give your own interpretation so I can learn more and correct my mistakes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 6:18am On Jul 04, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
There are many arguments over the use of the word “rape” and what is meant by “hold”, “seize” or “force”. Honestly, I have to wonder how much of this is revisionist viewings of the Bible in light of the modern day viewings of things.

Let’s look at 22:25–27, for example, where it’s clear what we’re discussing:

English: “But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death. For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor, because he met her in the open country, and though the betrothed young woman cried for help there was no one to rescue her.”

Very clearly a rape, right? (we won’t get into the fact that if a woman is raped in a city, she’s guilty of a crime…that’s pretty sick, really)

Now, let’s look at a straight, character-by-character translation: Deuteronomy 22:25 Hebrew Text Analysis

I see the word “force” and “lie”, so yes, let’s keep running with it…we’re discussing rape.

now, 22:28–29:

English: “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.”

So, what is meant by that, “seizes”. Some people seem to feel that means, basically, a seduction. So, once again, let’s look at the Hebrew: Deuteronomy 22:28 Hebrew Text Analysis

Hmmm…”lay hold”…in my eyes, this doesn’t sound like some poetic phrase…this sounds, again, like a captive of some sort.
Sadly, we never see this particular verbiage used again in the Bible, so we have nothing to compare it with.
So, it really seems to be in “the eye of the beholder.”

But, let’s look at something else that may make things a little clearer:

22:13–21: discusses penalties for lying about virginal status of a bride

22:22: penalty for adultery

22:23–24: penalty for raping an engaged woman in the city (assumed to be a virgin due to tradition)

22:25–27: penalty for raping an engaged woman in the country

22:28–29: penalty for having sex with a non-engaged virgin

This is…interesting…either we have to say that 22:28–29 is talking about the penalty for rape (as the pattern has been set by 23–27)…or the Bible has set forth no penalty whatsoever for raping a woman who isn’t engaged.

I’m not sure which is worse, but I’m inclined to say, due to the established pattern, 22:28–29 is discussing the penalty for rape. I feel very confident in making that determination.

Answer copied from garett murphy on quora.
Link: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-meaning-of-Deuteronomy-22-28-29
RuthlessLeader, I dont care more nor less, about all these you copied that Garett Murphy wrote.
Do you know why? It's because you arent Garett Murphy who wrote it and so unable to defend the write-up
Only Garett Murphy can be taken to tasks on the gaping holes in that write-up, not you. Sorry.
Write your own composition and not somebody's else past downs

RuthlessLeader:
Why don't you give your own interpretation so I can learn more and correct my mistakes
My interpretation doesnt counts.
It is fact(s) and truth that matter
The broadly accurate guide or principle, for this and all matters, is captured, in that famous phrase "Context is King"

First thing to understand is the context of why and how that law came about.
Afterall a different sort of rape, had the penalty of death, whereas the one in Deuteronomy 22:28-29 doesnt
Again, detach yourself, put aside any and/or all preconceived bias, be objective. Unlearn then after relearn
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 6:37am On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
RuthlessLeader, I dont care more nor less, about all these you copied that Garett Murphy wrote.
Do you know why? It's because you arent Garett Murphy who wrote it and so unable to defend the write-up
Only Garett Murphy can be taken to tasks on the gaping holes in that write-up, not you. Sorry.
Write your own composition and not somebody's else past downs

My interpretation doesnt counts.
It is fact(s) and truth that matter
The broadly accurate guide or principle, for this and all matters, is captured, in that famous phrase "Context is King"

First thing to understand is the context of why and how that law came about.
Afterall a different sort of rape, had the penalty of death, whereas the one in Deuteronomy 22:28-29 doesnt
Again, detach yourself, put aside any and/or all preconceived bias, be objective. Unlearn then after relearn
Why don't you explain to me the context since you understand so much. Or maybe you don't understand yourself
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 7:06am On Jul 04, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Why don't you explain to me the context since you understand so much.
Or maybe you don't understand yourself
Shebi it was you who gragra was lampooning with Deuteronomy 22:28-29
Now you're playing a different card, the emotional one
I understand enough to have pointed out to you, how and where to lift, in order for you to uncover and see under.
Do the rest of the heavy lifting yourself, if not, then drop the weight.
Next time, dont inappropriately be throwing bible verses about,
especially when not well informed about it and the particular subject mentioned within it
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:14am On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Shebi it was you who gragra was lampooning with Deuteronomy 22:28-29
Now you're playing a different card, the emotional one
I understand enough to have pointed out to you, how and where to lift, in order for you to uncover and see under.
Do the rest of the heavy lifting yourself, if not, then drop the weight.
Next time, dont inappropriately be throwing bible verses about,
especially when not well informed about it and the particular subject mentioned within it
No I just proved right now that you yourself don't know how to explain away that verse. That's why you keep running around in circles. But it sha boggles the mind how someone can justify rewarding rape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by bedspread: 7:19am On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
bedspread, you see yourself how ill-informed you are

Though you wont place or arrange your presented bible verses in line with applicable given answers
I can only hazard guesses which answer out of 1, 2, 3a, 3b and 4, the bible verses you gave applies to
Thats life, so let's start with the last first (i.e. you gave Genesis 19 to read)
What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?
CANT U READ.... Fornication, Adultery,Homosexualism and Atrocities of all kind And of all kind even to the Men asking to sleep with the Angels...
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 7:22am On Jul 04, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
No I just proved right now that you yourself don't know how to explain away that verse.
That's why you keep running around in circles.
But it sha boggles the mind how someone can justify rewarding rape.
No you've proved, you want to be nannied, spoon fed and all
Where and who said rape was justified?
You cant see the wood for the trees, that's the problem.
So you, thought the rapist was being rewarded, erh?
It is not about rewarding rape RuthlessLeader, there is a bigger picture, you're oblivious of and yet to see.
It will come to you later if not now,
just ponder deeply more on the broader side of the matter and not concerntrating on the perpetrator.
Sorry I cant go further on it than I've so far done
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 7:24am On Jul 04, 2018
bedspread:
CANT U READ....
Fornication, Adultery,Homosexualism and Atrocities of all kind
And of all kind even to the Men asking to sleep with the Angels...
Facepalm. SMH. I rest my case
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
No you've proved, you want to be nannied, spoon fed and all
Bullshit. I know that you will still ignore my reply and talk one rubbish.

Where and who said rape was justified?
Was it not you that said Context is king. That is justifying rape in case you don't know.
I guess you apply context when reading the bible verses on god commanding genocide and verses that allow slavery.

You cant see the wood for the trees, that's the problem.
Non-sequitur.

So you, thought the rapist was being rewarded, erh?
Let's see how that law can be abused. Say I want to marry a virgin girl who will not talk to me and. So I gather as many shekels of silver as I can find and when it reaches fifty, I rape her. I am caught but instead of me being stoned to death or exiled, I am "punished" by marrying the girl, which was what I wanted in the first place. So yeah, the rapist is being rewarded.

It is not about rewarding rape RuthlessLeader, there is a bigger picture, you're oblivious of and yet to see.
What is this bigger picture you can't just tell me about that makes you excuse this atrocity?

It will come to you later if not now,
This sounds like when all of a theist's points have been destroyed and he concedes by telling the atheist to pray about it and God will reveal it to him. Seriously, I should to god to understand the meaning of that verse? Why couldn't God just put the meaning there so even children could understand?

just ponder deeply more on the broader side of the matter and not concerntrating on the perpetrator.
I have pondered deeply on it. And it is still a stupid law. Why can't God just say the Israelites should build a prison or tell them how to chemically castrate rapists? Not only would that be a better solution, it would also be way beyond their time and could be used to convert atheists. But then again, the ancient mayans could perform surgery so...

Sorry I cant go further on it than I've so far done
Meaning you hope I stop asking questions and accepting this steaming pile of bullshit as enlightened wisdom, huh?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by Aaronsrod: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2018
bedspread:
You are Loved but ur acts of LGBT is Wickedness and Abominable!! It is Sinful and only Gurantee you Hell Fire!!

Hell Fire Yes!!

But first we put them to death as God has commanded!!
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
Aaronsrod:

Hell Fire Yes!!

But first we put them to death as God has commanded!!
shocked
Isn't God supposed to be a loving father to all. Hypocrite, aren't you supposed to pray for your enemies.
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Bullshit. I know that you will still ignore my reply and talk one rubbish.
Why is it necessary to resort to this sort of language
I knew it to be a matter of time.

RuthlessLeader:
Was it not you that said Context is king.
That is justifying rape in case you don't know.
Yes, that's correct, I did say context is king
No, RuthlessLeader, it isnt necessarily justifying rape.
When look into the context, you'll spot and/or find the rationale behind this particular law

I repeat myself, afterall a different sort of rape, had the penalty of death, whereas the one in Deuteronomy 22:28-29 doesnt
So gain, detach yourself, put aside any and/or all preconceived bias, be objective.
Unlearn, to then after, relearn

RuthlessLeader:
I guess you apply context when reading the bible verses on god commanding genocide and verses that allow slavery
Let's first finish the rape and this your Deuteronomy 22:28-29 thing before you start opening up on other things

RuthlessLeader:
Non-sequitur
You're developing this habit of dropping biblical verses and now added this phrase, to the list of things, you write out, stemming from an irresistible impulse

Do you at all understand what the expression "you cant see the wood for the trees" means?
I doubt you do, because you wont type "Non-sequitur" against it, if you did

RuthlessLeader:
Let's see how that law can be abused.
Say I want to marry a virgin girl who will not talk to me and.
So I gather as many shekels of silver as I can find and when it reaches fifty, I rape her.
I am caught but instead of me being stoned to death or exiled, I am "punished" by marrying the girl, which was what I wanted in the first place. So yeah, the rapist is being rewarded.
It must so popular that countless people took advantage of the law and abused it then

RuthlessLeader:
What is this bigger picture you can't just tell me about that makes you excuse this atrocity?
It's not for me to directly tell you,
you on your own accord, will have the epiphany
I'll drop dots, you have to connect them, then make out the emerging picture

RuthlessLeader:
This sounds like when all of a theist's points have been destroyed and he concedes by telling the atheist to pray about it and God will reveal it to him.
Seriously, I should to god to understand the meaning of that verse?
Why couldn't God just put the meaning there so even children could understand?
Why arent diamonds, gold, pearls lying on the surface, so that even children could pick them up
Why arent petrol flowing on the surface, so that even children could scoop them up
I know you're getting the drift

RuthlessLeader:
I have pondered deeply on it. And it is still a stupid law.
Why can't God just say the Israelites should build a prison or tell them how to chemically castrate rapists?
Not only would that be a better solution, it would also be way beyond their time and could be used to convert atheists.
But then again, the ancient mayans could perform surgery so...
Listen to yourself

RuthlessLeader:
Meaning you hope I stop asking questions and accepting this steaming pile of bullshit as enlightened wisdom, huh?
However you interpret it to be RuthlessLeader
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by Aaronsrod: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

shocked
Isn't God supposed to be a loving father to all. Hypocrite, aren't you supposed to pray for your enemies.

He is a loving God but jealous. We pray for our enemies but we are still commanded to kill them.
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Why is it necessary to resort to this sort of language
I knew it to be a matter of time.
Face my question.

Yes, that's correct, I did say context is king
Good.

No, RuthlessLeader, it isnt necessarily justifying rape.
When look into the context, you'll spot and/or find the rationale behind this particular law
What is the rationale?

I repeat myself because I don't know the answer and hopefully want to confuse you,
Fixed

afterall a different sort of rape, had the penalty of death, whereas the one in Deuteronomy 22:28-29 doesnt
That's my problem. Why didn't God give the same punishment or something as severe?

So gain, detach yourself, put aside any and/or all preconceived bias, be objective.
Unlearn, to then after, relearn
The only biased one here is you. If you were objective you would realise this law can be abused and misinterpreted by the illiterate Israelites.

Let's first finish the rape and this your Deuteronomy 22:28-29 thing before you start opening up on other things
Like how god commands his people to kill homosexuals

You're developing this habit of dropping biblical verses and now added this phrase, to the list of things, you write out, stemming from an irresistible impulse
You have this habit of ignoring questions.

[s]Do you at all understand what the expression "you cant see the wood for the trees" means?
I doubt you do, because you wont type "Non-sequitur" against it, if you did[/s]

It must so popular that countless people took advantage of the law and abused it then
Yes.

It's not for me to directly tell you,
you on your own accord, will have the epiphany
I'll drop dots, you have to connect them, then make out the emerging picture
Just say you don't know. I won't kill you.

Why arent diamonds, gold, pearls lying on the surface, so that even children could pick them up
Why arent petrol flowing on the surface, so that even children could scoop them up
I know you're getting the drift
Oga this is a very stupid analogy. Wisdom and knowledge are useless unless they are shared so that other people can improve. And as for all these precious substances, they are all meaningless to children and would be meaningless if they were more common.

Anyway:
Diamonds take intense heat and pressure to form so they are found deep in the earth, only volcanic eruptions bring them to the surface. Gold can be gotten by panning. And pearls and petrol form in the sea. Natural Pearls form when an irritant - usually a parasite and not the proverbial grain of sand - works its way into an oyster, mussel, or clam. As a defense mechanism, a fluid is used to coat the irritant. Layer upon layer of this coating, called 'nacre', is deposited until a lustrous pearl is formed.

Listen to yourself
No you listen to yourself. You have still said absolutely nothing and in your attempt to sound smart, you made a big fool of yourself.

However you interpret it to be RuthlessLeader
I think you are a troll or you are actually serious about all your nonsense. Nigerians & Poe's law are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by MuttleyLaff: 5:01am On Jul 05, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Face my question.
Your question was and is faced
There was no excuse for you to lose control and resort to foul languages
Your mind ultimately will answer your question

RuthlessLeader:
Good
I am happy you agree

RuthlessLeader:
What is the rationale?
Ruth' a question asked in the right way often points to its right answer

RuthlessLeader:
Fixed
You must be desperate, to need and have to resort this bizzare behaviour

RuthlessLeader:
That's my problem.
Why didn't God give the same punishment or something as severe?
Because of the underlining difference.
Betrothal and the lack thereof?

RuthlessLeader:
The only biased one here is you.
If you were objective you would realise this law can be abused and misinterpreted by the illiterate Israelites.
"Illiterate" Israelites hmm.
Most of the Israelites are intelligient and educated enough not to, any that will, are few and far in between to abuse and misinterpret the law.

RuthlessLeader:
Like how god commands his people to kill homosexuals
Are you sure, God commanded His people to kill homosexuals?
Are you absolutely sure. Let's mildly test this, if you reply is affirmative, then
1/ What's the "homosexuals'" crime?
2/ What have they, the "homosexuals" done for this kind of treatment to be levelled against them,
3/ God commands people to kill "homosexuals", allegedly. Why? What's the reason for this?

RuthlessLeader:
You have this habit of ignoring questions
Started with my reply to "Non-sequitur" and now this off tangent "You have this habit of ignoring questions" remark
It's because you have this habit of making statements that are wholly ill-information,
it stops one dead in the track and move forward to progress
and you wonder why your question(s) isnt/arent answered

RuthlessLeader:
Yes
I dont you really know what you there said yes to.
You're saying, yes, it was so popular that countless people took advantage of the law and abused it then?
As far as I know, it's not countless number of people, but a number that be counted using one hand

RuthlessLeader:
Just say you don't know.
I won't kill you.
I'll be lying, if I say I dont know
and so you know, I am not afraid of death

RuthlessLeader:
Oga this is a very stupid analogy.
Wisdom and knowledge are useless unless they are shared so that other people can improve.
And as for all these precious substances, they are all meaningless to children and would be meaningless if they were more common.
Anyone like you, will call it a stupid analogy.
When looking and searching for answers, dig at the root, instead at hacking at the leaves
Dig. Better a diamond with a flaw, than a peeble without

RuthlessLeader:
Anyway:
Diamonds take intense heat and pressure to form so they are found deep in the earth, only volcanic eruptions bring them to the surface. Gold can be gotten by panning. And pearls and petrol form in the sea.
Natural Pearls form when an irritant - usually a parasite and not the proverbial grain of sand - works its way into an oyster, mussel, or clam.
As a defense mechanism, a fluid is used to coat the irritant.
Layer upon layer of this coating, called 'nacre', is deposited until a lustrous pearl is formed.
Thank you for this refresher
but the point made with that analogy that countered your
"...Why couldn't God just put the meaning there so even children could understand..." is that
what comes easy won't last, what lasts won't come easy.

You see, nothing worth knowing and/or worth having, comes quickly or easy.
If it did, I doubt we'll ever learn something new or grow.
Think about that.

RuthlessLeader:
No you listen to yourself.
You have still said absolutely nothing and in your attempt to sound smart, you made a big fool of yourself.
You need to have a kit-kat, as you've become overly sensitive

RuthlessLeader:
I think you are a troll or you are actually serious about all your nonsense.
Think more "midwifesie"
and you arent taking deep breaths, pushing the right way nor hard or harder enough

RuthlessLeader:
Nigerians & Poe's law are like 5&6
The muds aren't sticking.
You've flung all sorts at me so far.
Suppose should be expecting the kitchen sink to be next that you'll fling at me
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by budaatum: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2018
bedspread:
You are Loved but ur acts of LGBT is Wickedness and Abominable!! It is Sinful and only Gurantee you Hell Fire!!
That's quite a lot of "love" you showing right there!
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by Evangkatsoulis: 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
bigismalls:
How do we get this to front page in order to shed more light, re educate people, create awareness, preach tolerance so as to reduce level of religious intolerance and chaos in the world at large. I know we have a long way to go, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step!

Re educate people about what?
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by rekinomtla(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
When are atheists going to apologize for all the persecution they enforced on non-atheists in the name of atheism in Albania (the first officially declared atheist nation)?

... The campaign against religion peaked in the 1960s. Beginning in February 1967 the Albanian authorities launched a campaign to eliminate religious life in Albania . Despite complaints, even by APL members, all churches, mosques, monasteries, and other religious institutions were either closed down or converted into warehouses, gymnasiums, or workshops by the end of 1967. By May 1967, religious institutions had been forced to relinquish all 2,169 churches, mosques, cloisters, and shrines in Albania, many of which were converted into cultural centers for young people. As the literary monthly Nendori reported the event, the youth had thus "created the first atheist nation in the world."

Clerics were publicly vilified and humiliated, their vestments were taken and desecrated. More than 200 clerics of various faiths were imprisoned, others were forced to seek work in either industry or agriculture, and some were executed or starved to death. The cloister of the Franciscan order in Shkodër was set on fire, which resulted in the death of four elderly monks.

Article 37 of the Albanian Constitution of 1976 stipulated, "The state recognizes no religion, and supports atheistic propaganda in order to implant a scientific materialistic world outlook in people.", and the penal code of 1977 imposed prison sentences of three to ten years for "religious propaganda and the production, distribution, or storage of religious literature." A new decree that in effect targeted Albanians with Muslim and Christian names, stipulating that citizens whose names did not conform to "the political, ideological, or moral standards of the state" were to change them. It was also decreed that towns and villages with religious names must be renamed. Hoxha's brutal antireligious campaign succeeded in eradicating formal worship, but some Albanians continued to practice their faith clandestinely, risking severe punishment . Individuals caught with Bibles, Qurans, icons, or other religious objects faced long prison sentences. Religious weddings were prohibited.

Parents were afraid to pass on their faith, for fear that their children would tell others . Officials tried to entrap practicing Christians and Muslims during religious fasts, such as Lent and Ramadan, by distributing dairy products and other forbidden foods in school and at work, and then publicly denouncing those who refused the food. Those clergy who conducted secret services were incarcerated. Catholic priest Shtjefen Kurti had been executed for secretly baptizing a child in Shkodër in 1972 ...

Should this just be forgotten?
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by Abiiiike(f): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
bedspread:

Ah!�... and u think you are guaranteed heaven??!!
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by bedspread: 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
Abiiiike:

Ah!�... and u think you are guaranteed heaven??!!
By GOD'S GRACE...
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by analyst2000(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
There is no way God's laws, principles and standards should be compromised no matter whose Ox is goared. What is evil is evil and what is bad is bad and should be outrightly condemned. LGBTQ is a deviant and should be condemned without appologies
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
rekinomtla:
When are atheists going to apologize for all the persecution they enforced on non-atheists in the name of atheism in Albania (the first officially declared atheist nation)?

Should this just be forgotten?
Atheism is not a religion and I as a atheist condemn this. But when are christians going to apologize for the 400 years of slavery of the black race? The crusades? The spanish inquisition?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
analyst2000:
There is no way God's laws, principles and standards should be compromised no matter whose Ox is goared. What is evil is evil and what is bad is bad and should be outrightly condemned. LGBTQ is a deviant and should be condemned without appologies
But the bible supports rape naow?
Deuteronomy 22:28-29.
Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by bigismalls: 4:00am On Jul 06, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Re educate people about what?

About their ignorance and myopic thinking!

1 Like

Re: CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community by bigismalls: 4:09am On Jul 06, 2018
analyst2000:
And I assume you follow every law, principle and standards of God? So many people are so presumptuous in their service to God and that is one of the reasons he struck Uzah dead for touching the arc of convenant. You need to follow the principles of the Bible and understand that judgement is the lords alone!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity / What People Don't Know About The Secret And Wisdom Of King Solomon / Angels: The Caretakers Of The Human Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.