Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

How To Secure My Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Secure My Website? (463 Views)

Please Help! My Website Can't Load More Than The Homepage / How Do I Add The Google Adsense Code To My Website? / How Do I Get My Website Secured Using Https (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Secure My Website? by jpray: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hello, guys. I just created a new website. But, I don't know how to secure it from hackers.
Can you help me with this? I found a few tutorials about it but it's confusing. Can you please tell me which things I need?

Thanks in advance smiley
Re: How To Secure My Website? by mcqwerty(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2018
Use YouTube videos.
Re: How To Secure My Website? by jpray: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hey, I found some tutorials and most of the blog writers mentioned these steps, these are:

1. Keep WordPress site upto date, 2. use good hosting, 3. don't download any nulled theme or plugin, 4. use strong password, 5. change WordPress login URL, 6. Use a good security plugins.

But, I found they have mentioned to use a good security plugin but some are paid and some are free. I have no idea whether free plugin is good or I need to pay for security service. undecided

Kindly can you take a look at this WordPress security plugins and let me know which one should I use for my site. I can't pay much and suggest a free one if it works well.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Secure My Website? by Sanchez01: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
jpray:
Hey, I found some tutorials and most of the blog writers mentioned these steps, these are:

1. Keep WordPress site upto date, 2. use good hosting, 3. don't download any nulled theme or plugin, 4. use strong password, 5. change WordPress login URL, 6. Use a good security plugins.

But, I found they have mentioned to use a good security plugin but some are paid and some are free. I have no idea whether free plugin is good or I need to pay for security service. undecided

Kindly can you take a look at this WordPress security plugins and let me know which one should I use for my site. I can't pay much and suggest a free one if it works well.

Thanks in advance.
Use iThemes. It covers all of my site and it does it incredibly.

The most important way to protect your site is to change, edit or modify your wp-login.php file. I think iThemes offer this but just in case it does not, download any wp-login.php plugin to do that for you.

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY FROM NULLED FILES, PARTICULARLY FREETHEMES.CC!

1 Like

Re: How To Secure My Website? by godwinweb(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
we can help you hide your wp-admin admin URL with a premium wordpress plugin.... contact us now and be rest assured...Whatsapp: 090 60 141 365
jpray:

Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Secure My Website? by jpray: 8:34am On Jul 06, 2018
Sanchez01:

Use iThemes. It covers all of my site and it does it incredibly.

The most important way to protect your site is to change, edit or modify your wp-login.php file. I think iThemes offer this but just in case it does not, download any wp-login.php plugin to do that for you.

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY FROM NULLED FILES, PARTICULARLY FREETHEMES.CC!

Thank you very much. I will check iTheme plugin.smiley

(1) (Reply)

Buy Address And TIN Verified USA Adsense Account For #15k Only / Sold! Sold! Sold!!! Twitter account for sale / How Do Launch My HTML Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.