Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. (29016 Views)

Human Parts Uncovered In Oyo Building, Police Arrest Suspects. / Tope Alabi Robbed At Gunpoint In Ogun, Police Arrest Suspects (Photo) / Photos Of Suspects Paraded In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by naptu2: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2018
NIGERIA POLICE FORCE PRESS RELEASE

EIGHT ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH SEVERAL KILLINGS AND ATTACKS ON INNOCENT PEOPLE IN BENUE STATE RECENTLY AND UPDATE ON THE ONGOING POLICE INVESTIGATION INTO THE SEVERAL KILLINGS OF PEOPLE IN PLATEAU STATE

BY THE FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD ON 3rd JULY, 2018.

Case 1: SUSPECTED BANDITS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH SEVERAL KILLINGS ATTACKS ON INNOCENT PEOPLE IN BENUE STATE

SUSPECTS

i. Benjamin Bagugba Tivfa “32 YRS” – A Serving Honourable Councillor of Fidi Council Ward, Makurdi, Benue State. (Admitted to have supplied arms and ammunition to the bandits for their criminal activities)

ii. Victor Ganabe “35 YRS” – Native of Gwer West, Naka, Benue State

iii. Daniel Kyase “33 YRS” – Native of Mbaku, Makurdi, Benue State – (admitted to be a member Benue State Livestock Guards)

iv. Alhaji Adajo Tomza “28 YRS” – Native of Tse Egbe, Gwer West, Benue State – (admitted to be a member Benue State Livestock Guards)

v. Msugh Teraki “23 YRS” - Native of Sengv, Naikpe, Gwer West, Benue State – (admitted to be a member Benue State Livestock Guards)

vi. Julius Avaan “49 YRS” - Native of Ikpayongu, Gwer East, Benue State

vii. Terkula Udeh “37 YRS” - Native of Gwer West, Benue State

viii. Sunday Cheche “34 YRS” – Native of Guma LGA, Benue State – (admitted to be a member Benue State Livestock Guards)

EXHIBITS
i. Two (2) AK47 Rifles
ii. 436 Rounds of AK47 ammunition

2. On the 27th June, 2018, the IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) deployed to Benue State acted promptly on actionable intelligence and other information from concerned members of the public, trailed and arrested six (6) of the above mentioned suspects in their hideout in a hotel in Naka village, Benue State and recovered the arms and ammunition listed above from their possession. The arrest of the six (6) suspects, namely; Victor Ganabe “35 YRS” – Native of Gwer West, Naka, Benue State, Daniel Kyase “33 YRS” – Native of Mbaku, Makurdi, Benue State, Alhaji Adajo Tomza “28 YRS” – Native of Tse Egbe, Gwer West, Benue State, Msugh Teraki “23 YRS” - Native of Sengv, Naikpe, Gwer West, Benue State, Julius Avaan “49 YRS” - Native of Ikpayongu, Gwer East, Benue State, Terkula Udeh “37 YRS” - Native of Gwer West, Benue State; led to the arrest of Benjamin Bagugba Tivfa “32 YRS” who is a Serving Honourable Councillor of Fidi Council Ward, Makurdi, Benue State. The bandits confessed that the councillor is a member of their gang and responsible for supply of arms and ammunition including money to finance their operations. The councillor admitted to have bought Fifteen (15) rounds of AK47 ammunition from the last suspect, Sunday Cheche “34 YRS” – Native of Guma LGA, Benue State and also confessed to have provided money to finance the operations of the gang. The bandits admitted to have carried out several killings and armed robbery attacks on innocent people in different locations in Benue State. Investigation is in progress to arrest other members of the bandits at large. They will be arraigned in court on completion of investigation.

Case 2: Update on Police Investigation into the killings of innocent people in Plateau State

Consequent upon the Inspector General of Police deployment on the 24th June, 2018 of Police Special Intervention Force to Plateau State to restore lasting peace in Barkin-Ladi, Riyom, Jos South LGAs and other troubled spots in the state, and the relocation of the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Department of Operations to the State along with Two (2) Helicopters, Five (5) APCs, Three (3) PMF Units, Two (2) CTU Cells and deployment of Police Intelligence Unit to the crisis affected areas in Plateau State.

2. It would be recalled that the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni visited Plateau state on the 26thJune, 2018. While in the State he assessed the security situation and Police deployment. Since his visit the security situation has improved, peace and normalcy has been restored in the affected areas in the State.

3. The Police Special Investigation Team, comprising the Intelligence Response Team ( IRT), Special Tactical Squad (STS) and Technical Intelligence Unit (TIU) led by Commissioner of Police, IGP Monitoring Unit deployed to Plateau State have commenced investigation and had recorded significant progress in getting to the root of the killings of innocent people. The following suspects are now in Police custody and the listed exhibits recovered from them. They are assisting the Police investigation Team with useful information in the further investigation into the incident.

Suspects:

1. Biliaminu Abdullahi
2. Samaila Saleh
3. Muhammadu Kabiru
4. Aminu Mohammed
5. Alhassan Saidu
6. Abubakar Adam
7. Gazali Isah
8. Hamza Inusa
9. Yahuza Yau
10. Dahiru Ahmed
11. Friday Musa

Exhibits
i. Five (5) AK47 Rifles
ii. Two (2) Live Cartridges

4. The Nigeria Police Force is assuring the people of Plateau State of adequate security of lives and property in the State and hereby implored them to support the Police personnel deployed in their localities to sustain the peace that have been restored to the State. However, members of the public in the State in distress or with information for the Police Special Intervention Force and the investigation team can use the following numbers: 07059473022, 08038907662, 08075391844, and 09053872296
Thank you and God bless.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

https://m.facebook.com/448436902013711/posts/819115231612541/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by ozoebuka1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
shocked

I didn't read this long sh.it, do you know why? Because probably by tomorrow they will come out, deny this and sack the editor of this news. undecided

Just waiting for another release by the presidency or lai angry angry angry

34 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
GREAT DEVELOPMENT ...........
I won't still be surprised if some certain people are still pained by this GOOOOOOOD NEWS.
They only long for pains, blood and anguish just because of hate!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by abdulyaro66(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by maxiuc(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
angry
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Omeokachie: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
When will they be charged to court to answer to all the charges?

BTW I see Daniel, Victor, Sunday, Benjamin, Julius...all fulani sounding names.

28 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Dremickz: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
What a shame

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
NigeriaNS are you capable of critical thinking? Then look for those men who are holding these agents by the balls.
That's what I'd say if not that I have been arrested by the police for seating close to a school when exam was on I knew nothing about what was going on but apparently I was supposed to be a mercenary that was supplying malpractice while also being a thug that was attacking invigilators just one me. I was released after calls were made and money was parted with well along with me at the back of the police van was an 11 year old boy whose elder brother was writing the exam he was also held apparently he ran when the police came so I couldn't complain although I didn't run I was fairly older than him so if they could handcuff him and beat him I just kept quite as the boy cried.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by xcolanto(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
These so called "criminals" would be given amnesty and presidential pardon by bubu, just like he gives to bokoharam.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Seylad2009(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Topshow4real: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
Too long . . . I need someone to summarize the whole article for me in just 3 sentences embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Sarkin: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
This is why I hate the jobless aggressive idiotic lazy pigs of Biafra. the jobless aggressive idiotic lazy pigs of Biafra are already saying that they cannot read it because it's too long and later they will say nonsense.
Later they will be shouting at Buhari to find them now that this have been apprehended the jobless aggressive idiotic lazy pigs of Biafra are still saying that it is a lie and propaganda.

And now these demons will be sentenced to death but that clueless wicked organization called CAN won't beg for them too. They only beg for Christian killers.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Rosay15(f): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
ozoebuka1:
shocked

I didn't read this long sh.it, do you know why? Because probably by tomorrow they will come out deny this and sack the editor of this news. undecided
... So no b only me dey think am..

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Salex007(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nigeria is a perfect example of "STATE OF NATURE". Life in the state of nature is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short. Humans are driven by a perpetual and restless desire of power.... (HOBBES)
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by kaen1317: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
Somebody wants to appear he's working in other not to return to his village next year

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Peter4naz(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nice one.
The leatest hit
Korede Bello –“2geda”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZfsqXz_0To
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by kristonium(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
I'm not surprised with the names of the killers!
Arrest the locals defending themselves and present them to Nigerians as the real killers!
That has always been the trend!

God will expose this grand conspiracy soon!

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by klbakare(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
why do i have a feeling this whole arrest is staged to exonerate fulani killers,and to also affirm the military's position that Benue state should repeal its anti-grazing laws? Did you also observe how most of the suspects are members of the Benue State Livestock guard? something is fishy. Never trust Nigerian forces and authorities except you are triple sure.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Danelo(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
here they go again.
Government magic.
They want to fool themselves again.
What will end it is amnesty.
The spirit of the dead will hunt them all.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by PearlStreet(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
Those arrested in Benue were arrested for defending themselves.

This government has lost all forms of credibility.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Butterflyleo: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
So this was indeed politically motivated.

Good job here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by chiedozie198100: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
this tolu guy is a desperate big fool.

you just make up names and post them on ur twitter and expect everyone to believe this nonsense.

may i remind the big fool that 11 villages were attacked simultaneously and it would have taken a large crowd of bandits to attack all eleven villages.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Amuluonyenaego: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
No pictorial evidence Abeg help me tell them that Nigerians dn wise up.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by PearlStreet(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
post=69056907:
I won't still be surprised if some certain people are still pained by this GOOOOOOOD NEWS.

Is it Benue indigenes that commit mass genocide on Benue people?

Guy, think.

37 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
It is not enough to formulate names, people can just write anything. What happened to their faces, where are the pictures of the arms ?

I am saying this, because it is not only bloggers that write fake news, even government agencies these days are champions of fake news.

Ask Lai Muhammed if any lie is impossible to tell.

Kudos if true, but without pictures, news means nothing. It can be formulated. Like they say 'Pictures or I don't believe it'.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by seyizma(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
"This is Nigeria..." after all
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by moscobabs(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
sad
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
Okay.

A new Samsung s6 for sale. 50k non negotiable. 08106999070, 08051974465
Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by naptu2: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
Omeokachie:
When will they be charged to court to answer to all the charges?

BTW I see Daniel, Victor, Sunday, Benjamin, Julius...all fulani sounding names.

tizzle:
All natives of Benue... When would they arrest the killer herdsmen?

kristonium:
I'm not surprised with the names of the killers!
Arrest the locals defending themselves and present them to Nigerians as the real killers!
That has always been the trend!

God will expose this grand conspiracy soon!

klbakare:
why do i have a feeling this whole arrest is staged to exonerate fulani killers,and to also affirm the military's position that Benue state should repeal its anti-grazing laws? Did you also observe how most of the suspects are members of the Benue State Livestock guard? something is fishy. Never trust Nigerian forces and authorities except you are triple sure.

That's the first set of suspects (arrested in Benue). Here are the second set (arrested in Plateau). Read the article to the end.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by ozoebuka1(m): 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2018
post=69056907:

i thought they were Gaddafi foot soldiers

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. by Willybos(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Men Sell Two Human Hearts For N10,000 In Oyo / Delta State Fake Mad Man Caught While Attempting To Kidnap Two Children / US Court Postpones Sentencing Of Hushpuppi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.