Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,183 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Does A Spouse Have The Right To Salary When Partner Accidentally Dies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does A Spouse Have The Right To Salary When Partner Accidentally Dies? (586 Views)

How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Spouse Have The Right To Salary When Partner Accidentally Dies? by doctokwus: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
There is this argument and challenge presenting unfolding.
A male worker unfortunately met with accidental death before he was paid his months salary.
The death was out of workplace and the organisation is not the pension or gratuity paying type.
Can the wife lay claim to the husband's uncollected salary?
Re: Does A Spouse Have The Right To Salary When Partner Accidentally Dies? by Noloss(f): 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
Yes. Do they pay by hand or what? If yes, the organisation determines that but if not I think it depends on who have access to the husbands ATM.
Re: Does A Spouse Have The Right To Salary When Partner Accidentally Dies? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
depends on the contract that person had...and the employer too. but he should be entitled to whatever days that person worked that month...
Re: Does A Spouse Have The Right To Salary When Partner Accidentally Dies? by doctokwus: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
Noloss:
Yes. Do they pay by hand or what? If yes, the organisation determines that but if not I think it depends on who have access to the husbands ATM.
Pay by hand.
MrBrownJay1:
depends on the contract that person had...and the employer too. but he should be entitled to whatever days that person worked that month...
Private small organization with no formal letter of employment but regular with pay and don't shortchange staff.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Not Do To A Baby / Mother Of 2 Battered Over Lesbianism / 6year Old Son Asked Father To Prayer For Him Before The Building Collapse In Lag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.