Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You (11829 Views)

The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 5:17am On Nov 28, 2023
When I was with my wife I never cheated on her, loved her and she knows... I think the only issue was my unstable finance then and her parents ungodly attitude that really irritates me( I should have managed it better though).
We have seperated and her divorce case in court but I don't stop thinking about her against all odds.
I have dated NUMEROUS ladies while she left yet it doesn't help me forget, whereas, she never look back...

Divorced persons, how do you forget! I want to feel love again. I cannot marry or be with anyone if I don't love them, sex is truly overrated. Your suggestions pls.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Amb1045(m): 5:21am On Nov 28, 2023
You have been trauma bond. You need spiritual cleansing

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 5:25am On Nov 28, 2023
Amb1045:

Spiritual cleansing? What has spiritual got to do with this nitori Olorun?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 5:26am On Nov 28, 2023
Amb1045:

Traumatized? Maybe yes! Am getting out gradually... I was depressed at some point too

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Amb1045(m): 5:31am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

Spiritual cleansing? What has spiritual got to do with this nitori Olorun?
lol her thought is still in your head. You need to erase it totally. All you will carry the feelings all the days of your life which will be a burden.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:
When I was with my wife I never cheated on her, loved her and she knows... I think the only issue was my unstable finance then and her parents ungodly attitude that really irritates me( I should have managed it better though).
We have seperated and her divorce case in court but I don't stop thinking about her against all odds.
I have dated NUMEROUS ladies while she left yet it doesn't help me forget, whereas, she never look back...
Divorced persons, how do you forget! I want to feel love again. I cannot marry or be with anyone if I don't love them, sex is truly overrated. Your suggestions pls
You want us to believe you are godly abi even as you dey contemplate remarriage? Na wa for una! undecided

Anyhow, to move on, you need to forgive yourself for not being enough, adequate, able to meet needs, etc. undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 5:33am On Nov 28, 2023
Amb1045:
lol her thought is still in your head. You need to erase it totally. All you will carry the feelings all the days of your life which will be a burden.

How do I erase it? I've tried everything possible
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 5:34am On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You want us to believe you are godly abi even as you dey contemplate remarriage? Na wa for una! undecided

Anyhow, to move on, you need to forgive yourself for not being enough, adequate, able to meet needs, etc. undecided

Thank you! Are you happy now? 😊

26 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:
■ Thank you! Are you happy now? 😊
Happy about what exactly? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 5:39am On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Happy about what exactly? undecided

Your suggestion noni

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Amb1045(m): 5:56am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

what and what have you tried
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Stevenbright(m): 6:23am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

The major problem you are having is that you see yourself as the problem as if your ex. wife was a saint. Before you can get her out of your mind, you must come to terms with the fact that she has her own shortcomings too. If not, the marriage would have survived because she would have complemented your efforts to make things work for the family.

Realizing the above will help you forgive yourself, help you to heal and free you from the bondage of adoring her.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 6:24am On Nov 28, 2023
Stevenbright:

The major problem you are having is that you see yourself as the problem as if your ex. wife was a saint. Before you can get her out of your mind, you must come to terms with the fact that she has her own shortcomings too. If not, the marriage would have survived because she would have complemented your efforts to make things work for the family.

Realizing the above will help you forgive yourself, help you to heal and free you from the bondage of adoring her.

Thank you bro

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by angiography(m): 6:38am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

Divorced persons, how do you forget! I want to feel love again. I cannot marry or be with anyone if I don't love them, sex is truly overrated. Your suggestions pls.

It's well known in field of psychiatry that divorce causes depression more often than death of a spouse.

You cannot take this with levity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:
When I was with my wife I never cheated on her, loved her and she knows... I think the only issue was my unstable finance then and "her parents ungodly attitude "

Can you shed more lights on some of those attitudes of her parents that are deemed ungodly?
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by humilitypays(m): 6:58am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Lovemeharder(f): 7:39am On Nov 28, 2023
Face your fears.
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by fman(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2023
Yoruba and divorce
Na 5&6

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by tommy589(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

Are you regretting your decision? Is she going to be understanding of your financial situation if she is still with you?

I divorced knowing it was going to be good for my mental health. It came with months of sleepless nights, but it's over now and we still get to talk once in a while

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 10:38am On Nov 28, 2023
angiography:

It's well known in field of psychiatry that divorce causes depression more often than death of a spouse.

You cannot take this with levity

🤔
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 10:40am On Nov 28, 2023
fman:
Yoruba and divorce
Na 5&6

How do you know am Yoruba?

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 10:40am On Nov 28, 2023
tommy589:

Are you regretting your decision? Is she going to be understanding of your financial situation if she is still with you?

I divorced knowing it was going to be good for my mental health. It came with months of sleepless nights, but it's over now and we still get to talk once in a while

Do you have children together?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by tommy589(m): 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

Do you have children together?

No. We were together for 10 years

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Intergrated: 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Stevenbright:

multi million advice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Intergrated: 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
tommy589:

and you think she would look back.
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by GVTAsiwaju(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
tommy589:

Same thing here just that we were not up to 10years
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by meum: 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
For her to go without looking back means you too should stop thinking about her. It’s not easy for someone you truly loved. Since she hasn’t looked back it is obvious she isn’t or wasn’t in love with you anymore. If kids were involved, love your kids & ask to see them from time to time(some weekends or holidays). Be involved in their lives. Don’t ever try to snatch the kids from her to avoid custody issues in court. Just ask to be there for your kids.

If I may ask, what were her parents looking for in your marriage to a point of destroying it?

In my opinion I would advise you stop dating people to replace her. Date for your own happiness. Str*f for your own happiness not to make her jealous because she might not be. Even if she is, that isn’t the aim. Your happiness is your goal since she has refused to look back. Focus on things that bring you joy. It could be football or something. Give it TIME & you will be fine.

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Majorbankz007: 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
K
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by ecolime(m): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

How do you know am Yoruba?
Because of your moniker I guess.

The word Asiwaju gives them nightmares now.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by TINUBUISMAD: 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
sad
Look for a replacement Sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by sofeo(m): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
It's quite simple.
Re: How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You by Obierika(m): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Bury yourself in your job or something you enjoy doing, it will help you forget her

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christian Marriage Is Not For Better For Worse......not Biblical / Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? / Fairy Tales Our Grand Parents Told Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.