Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona (38008 Views)

Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup / Diego Maradona Before Argentina Game Vs After Argentina Game Yesterday(photos) / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by BabaO2: 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Petersamuel8:
I am with him on this, can't wait to see them against France in the final
I am disappointed if u have the same view. Maradona only has football playing skill, but he knows nothing about football rules and management. The referee favored Colombians more, otherwise they should have been reduced to 10 with the headbutt on Henderson in the first half of the match. They were too unruly till the referee started using mere yellow cards on them.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by TDonald: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:

They can't meet in the final. They likelihood of meeting is in the semis and one of them must go home.

You are wrong, they can meet in the finals

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by OKorowanta: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Lucy001:

Which kind outplay? did you watch the match at all, did you not notice the English players, bank on set pieces to win, which the Colombians did not allow to come their way, and more over luck was not on the side of the Colombians yesterday, because penalty is a game of luck.

As na only u watch d match why not comment without quoting me?
England had 6 corner kicks and Colombia only corner came in the 93rd minute thru which they equalised.
6-0 corners until last minute,is dat not being under pressure?
Just cos you prefer them to win got u blinded wit match facts.
Abeg dey your own.

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by ogomsky: 10:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
I agree with Maradona. It was Kane who dragged Sanchez down.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by afroxyz: 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
kocvalour:
useless English players
can't wait to see them lose in the finals against the mighty Brazil

Both of them no go reach final sef

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
kocvalour:
useless English players
can't wait to see them lose in the finals against the mighty Brazil
no, Belgium Will Trash Brazil By Allah's Will.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
OKorowanta:

As na only u watch d match why not comment without quoting me?
England had 6 corner kicks and Colombia only corner came in the 93rd minute thru which they equalised.
6-0 corners until last minute,is dat not being under pressure?
Just cos you prefer them to win got u blinded wit match facts.
Abeg dey your own.
does Corners Played Always Justified Pressure In A Match? Do You Know That Most Time A Very Good Opponent In Match Played Less Corners? In Fact, The Issue Here Is Not About Who Played The Game Better But The Officiating,
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Cmanforall: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
Gisthoodng:
Argentina Legend, Diego Maradona has claimed that Colombia were Robbed in the World Cup round of 16 after England won via penalty shootout on Tuesday.

Harry Kane scored a second half penalty to put England 1-0 ahead only before in-form Yerry Mina to score a stoppage time equaliser for Colombia.

The match went to penalties after Extra-time and England's Jordan Pickford proved to be hero.

He saved Carlos Bacca's penalty before Eric Dier scored to secure England's place in the quarter-finals of the tournament.

But the match ended in controversy with Colombia players insisting Referee Mark Geiger favored England.

Earlier Radamel Falcao blamed Referee Mark Geiger for the defeat which he described "painful".

Now, Maradona has reacted to the controvesy.

“I saw a monumental theft,”he told reporters.

"I apologise to all the Colombian people, but they must know the players are not to blame.

“It is the man who decides who the referee is who is to blame. A man like that (Geiger) should not be put in charge of a game of that magnitude.

“With all due respect, Pierluigi Collina, as the man who designates the referees, he is very bad. He must apologise to the Colombian people.

“I told (FIFA president) Gianni Infantino that if I worked for FIFA, I would change everything. It has to be transparent. That’s why I didn’t go there.

“The referee will know a lot about baseball, but he has no idea about football. The Colombian players asked for VAR and he did not give it to them.

“Twice, the English threw themselves to the ground and he did not admonish them. This was theft.

“The penalty was not a foul.In fact, it was Kane’s fault.

“The referee was looking somewhere else and when he turned his head, Kane was on the floor.

“Kane used his arm to hook Sanchez and then threw himself down.

“I repeat, why didn’t the referee ask for the VAR? Colombia died standing. That’s why I applaud them.”

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/world-cup-2018-how-england-and-referee.html

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by vincentus16: 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
Maradona this is nt true.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by somehow: 11:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
Outplayed them yet could only score via PK with James Rodriguez not on the pitch?

Shouldn't England be winning by at least 3:0 to prove that they actually outplayed Colombia?
OKorowanta:
Yeye yarns.
As dis man dey grow old he kon dey mumu.
Which rob?
England outplayed dem yesterday and were lucky to score a last ditch effort to drag d game into extra time.
I was even scared the English team will have a dull day but was disappointed with d South Americans.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by chesky22(m): 12:18am On Jul 05, 2018
you don say the truth cheesy cheesy grin,
You guys robbed naija. ...
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by sprints1: 12:33am On Jul 05, 2018
he actually robbed england in the 80s and which was bad for football and people he cheated the world with his famous hand of god..though he is actually right about FIFA favouring the Europeans because the people behind the VAR are Europeans same happened against Uruguay vs Portugal ref added 4mins and didn't blow the whistle until the 97min it is actually bad.it is payback theory the Americans enjoyed world cups back then now its favouring the Europeans... that's life...its unfair
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by kenex4ever(m): 12:51am On Jul 05, 2018
YoungRichRuler:
Where was he when we were robbed?
nobody robbed u bro. u lost
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Feranmisco11: 12:51am On Jul 05, 2018
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by falimaram: 3:06am On Jul 05, 2018
Gisthoodng:
Argentina Legend, Diego Maradona has claimed that Colombia were Robbed in the World Cup round of 16 after England won via penalty shootout on Tuesday.

Harry Kane scored a second half penalty to put England 1-0 ahead only before in-form Yerry Mina to score a stoppage time equaliser for Colombia.

The match went to penalties after Extra-time and England's Jordan Pickford proved to be hero.

He saved Carlos Bacca's penalty before Eric Dier scored to secure England's place in the quarter-finals of the tournament.

But the match ended in controversy with Colombia players insisting Referee Mark Geiger favored England.

Earlier Radamel Falcao blamed Referee Mark Geiger for the defeat which he described "painful".

"I apologise to all the Colombian people, but they must know the players are not to blame.

“It is the man who decides who the referee is who is to blame. A man like that (Geiger) should not be put in charge of a game of that magnitude.

“With all due respect, Pierluigi Collina, as the man who designates the referees, he is very bad. He must apologise to the Colombian people.

“I told (FIFA president) Gianni Infantino that if I worked for FIFA, I would change everything. It has to be transparent. That’s why I didn’t go there.

“The referee will know a lot about baseball, but he has no idea about football. The Colombian players asked for VAR and he did not give it to them.

“Twice, the English threw themselves to the ground and he did not admonish them. This was theft.

“The referee was looking somewhere else and when he turned his head, Kane was on the floor.

“I repeat, why didn’t the referee ask for the VAR? Colombia died standing. That’s why I applaud them.”

, the way Argentina and referee robbed Nigeria
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by falimaram: 3:13am On Jul 05, 2018
Gisthoodng:

the way Argentina and referee robbed Nigeria
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by falimaram: 3:30am On Jul 05, 2018
Dedetwo

:
Where was this miserable fool when Argentine defended headed the ball to his hand and no penalty was given? This is the first time I have heard that a player can kick or head the ball onto his or her hand and no call is made.
true talk
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 05, 2018
this guy is always on drugs
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by donfineboy(m): 6:29am On Jul 05, 2018
oshe11:
Its obvious you didnt watch the game and You dnt follow them on social media....

Dude even admitted it in a subtle way

Follow the WC and don't just watch 90mins game and analysts

Belgium played against japan. between Japan and Colombia who do u think is better?
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by OKorowanta: 6:34am On Jul 05, 2018
Abdul4trust1:
does Corners Played Always Justified Pressure In A Match? Do You Know That Most Time A Very Good Opponent In Match Played Less Corners? In Fact, The Issue Here Is Not About Who Played The Game Better But The Officiating,

Okay FIFA has reversed the scores to suit you.
They just announced Colombia won by 4 goals to 1.
Pls allow me rest.
I use God beg u.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by DavSagacity(m): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2018
kocvalour:
useless English players can't wait to see them lose in the finals against the mighty Brazil
England won't reach the Final. Neither will Brazil as well.

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by injurybaba(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2018
lols Colombia should be happy they finished that match with 11 men still on the pitch
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Oluwahfemi: 7:07am On Jul 05, 2018
WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results…See How To Check Result here, click link @
http://www.gidiclass.com.ng/2018/07/04/waec-releases-2018-wassce-resultssee-how-to-check-result/
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Abdul4trust1(m): 7:23am On Jul 05, 2018
OKorowanta:

Okay FIFA has reversed the scores to suit you. They just announced Colombia won by 4 goals to 1. Pls allow me rest. I use God beg u.
lol
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Chanchet: 7:25am On Jul 05, 2018
There is nothing wrong with that penalty. It serves their carelessness good lesson how can you hold someone and not only that, you climb his back and he is running with you in your penalty yard and blame referee for your stupidity instead of the player that committed the fault? Maradona should have hide his ugly face in shame after Turkish referee rub Nigeria for them and could not struggle to pass France

1 Like

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2018
Gisthoodng:

Karma is a bitch!
Av you forgotten Argentine - Nigeria match ni? Oh, I forgot you were playing around with a lady after sniffing cocaine.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2018
I will say Maradona is right 100%. I argued that with a friend of mine during the match day. That kane PK wasn't one at all. Kane was actually the one shoving and pushing sanchez before the cross came in. He then used his hands to hook on sanchez and backed the defender like it's sanchez pulling kane down to the floor. Unfortunately, the referee turned and saw kane going down to the floor. He should have at least checked the VAR when the players requested of him.

Not only that I saw the referee was partial to England, there was a late tackle on maguire in the second half which was Carlos Bacca first tackle of the match, but he was shown a yellow card. Immediately, Henderson did a highboot on Arias (late tackle) but wasn't shown a card. Where was the consistency? Thirdly, when lingard fell down in the penalty box, If the referee didn't issue a PK, he should have booked lingard for diving/simulation.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Kysman: 8:06am On Jul 05, 2018
same way ref rub Nigeria against your own argentina
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by oshe11: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2018
donfineboy:
Belgium played against japan. between Japan and Colombia who do u think is better?
between Japan-Brazil-Uruguay/France or Colombia-Sweden-Russia/Croatia which route is easier to the final?
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by jidobaba(m): 8:51am On Jul 05, 2018
1. The Colombians were their own undoing. An entire two-thirds of the match was spent fighting and harrangueing the ref, who even after scattering series of yellow cards struggled to control the game.

2. The yellow cards took much of the adventure out of the Colombians game and England could press.

3. With the way soft penalties have been given at this WC, Kane's was a penalty all day. VAR would only have confirmed it and made the Colombian players more uncontrollable.

4. The build-up to the Mina equalizer in extra time was absolutely breathtaking, and the climax of a goal transported me. I was a Columbian in that moment. Reminds me why we watch football.

5. Finally I wanted England to win. Columbia's belligerent style cost football fans a potential 90 minute thriller and penalties wasn't going to reward them.

6. Kane wasn't the man of the match. Mina for me. Or maybe Falcao or even Barrios.
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by shadeze: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2018
Maradona and controversy be like bread and butter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Beaten, Robbed At Home / Zouma's Brother, Yoan, Banned By His Club Over The Cat Incident / Enyeama & NFF Officials Having Lunch After Settling Their Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.