Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (40963 Views)

Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? / FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers / 300 Mine Workers Spend 1 Week Underground To Protest Against Boss Who Loves Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by MAJORBANKZ(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2018
even the holy books made it clear: every labourer deserves his wages. How can i wrk for free for 4months don't i have bills to pay and family to take care of
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by CrazyMan(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2018
He can afford to travel around the world but can't pay his workers who have families to fees their wages.

Stingy fellow

1 Like

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by Dottore: 7:16am On Jul 06, 2018
Some bosses can be wicked sha
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by joshcaleb: 7:19am On Jul 06, 2018
was he expecting them to keep quiet, while they were suffering . Good for him
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by goshen26: 7:20am On Jul 06, 2018
Hmmmm

I remember when I was working with a firm @ Bode-Thomas, Surulere, as the companys electrician. The group MD would be owing months of salary, yet his driver will always come to gist us how he would carry the man's wife to Oyingbo every two weeks to buy food stuff, his problem was that they would throw away spoilt banana/plantain and other fruits. They won't say "guy take some for ur family". They used 40k every two weeks for food stuff, which was more than monthly salary

What got me annoyed was when hear that he travelled to dubai to mark his wedding anniversary with his wife, while i was s trekking to and fro work everyday from Ijesha to Bode-Thomas.

Being ur own boss/working in a multinational firm/govt parastatal is the way out jere

1 Like

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by soliddust2020: 7:22am On Jul 06, 2018
How much the workera take bail themselves from police? We all know how such stories will end if it is true.

2 Likes

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by pocohantas(f): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2018
kennynelcon:
Why do peeps mistake former for formal

I am sure he is from the SW, I have only seen Yorubas make that mistake, no offence intended. I don't believe the story though.
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 06, 2018
Mine is 8months
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by victorian(f): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2018
They were hungry and angry. They have bills to settle at home, I can imagine how landlord might be disturbing them for bills for Phcn bills, cleaner bills and possibly friends they borrowed monies from to stay afloat are on their necks. Na various excuse dey end am. They've had it to their necks and couldn't cope anymore. I don't blame them and he even had the guts to travel abroad.

Some bosses are really wicked. Serves him right. I don't pity such boss.

2 Likes

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by TwentyOnePilots(m): 7:30am On Jul 06, 2018
Horrible Bosses! grin
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by EmekaBlue(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2018
Is sprite

If d boss can't kip running d company....he should simply close up .
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by victorian(f): 7:32am On Jul 06, 2018
soliddust2020:
How much the workera take bail themselves from police? We all know how such stories will end if it is true.

Nothing will happen to the workers, as long as they have a good lawyer backing them.

That's how one boss owed his worker, 5months salary, she comes all the way from egbeda to Yaba everyday, but no pay at the end of the month. She complain taya. Until one day, she went to the office and locked up the company main entrance, followed by a police man. See various padlocks on the gate and a letter dropped for the boss to appear at the station , for his attention is needed.

The boss travelled of course, tongues was wagging
I guess they settled it when he came back and the locks were removed. Na strong thing the bosses need. If u know u can't pay a worker. Then don't employ, it's that simple. Don't even place advert to employ.

1 Like

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 06, 2018
Lie of the month.
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by NnamdiEducamia(m): 7:39am On Jul 06, 2018
Aare2050:
Are you an unemployed graduate or undergraduate full house wife/sit at home mothers, salary earner or hand craft shop owner? hoping to gain financial freedom before the end of this year?

act now, check my signature
Do not procrastinate

How much have yo made? grin
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by sonsomegrigbo: 7:39am On Jul 06, 2018
Igbo employers, fear them!

They can owe salary for Africa
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by sonsomegrigbo: 7:41am On Jul 06, 2018
NnamdiEducamia:

How much have yo made? grin

My good brother, no mind the Igbo scammer jare
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by slimfit1(m): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2018
That is what we call common sense well done he is lucky self.
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by goshen26: 7:43am On Jul 06, 2018
pocohantas:

I am sure he is from the SW, I have only seen Yorubas make that mistake, no offence intended. I don't believe the story though.

I can tell you that wen it comes to education SW takes the lead in Nigeria. It is people from SE that mistake R for L I.e Gloundnut for Groundnut etc.

1 Like

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by DrMuzungu(m): 7:45am On Jul 06, 2018
My fellow nairalanders, such a$$hole bosses do not exist exclusively in Nigeria!

At the place I work for, the boss owes people few months salary too, he does not pay pension, medical insurance (which he must pay here, by law)... My position is critically important for the company so the b@stard owes me "only" 2 monthly salaries. But then, there is an old man, he is almost as old as my father could be, and the boss did not pay him for 22 months. He works only for the pension payments!!!

Maybe we could try to sell his S-class mercedes, or at least set it on fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by kenoz(m): 7:54am On Jul 06, 2018
What

grin
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by pocohantas(f): 8:00am On Jul 06, 2018
goshen26:

I can tell you that wen it comes to education SW takes the lead in Nigeria. It is people from SE that mistake R for L I.e Gloundnut for Groundnut etc.

I am also very familiar with that, it is Anambra people that do that I believe. But that's not the topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by WilliamsNedd: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2018
Wickedness of the highest order. Evil boss.

Make 3k to 5k daily to your bank account daily simply by sharing Facebook Ads. Follow the link on my signature.
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by lexy2014: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2018
kennynelcon:
Why do peeps mistake former for formal
d guy even said "staffs" instead of staff. Staff now has plural
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by poseidon12: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2018
yeyerolling:
Very common with one man businesses. The average nigeria is a wicked felow. Later we go blame govt

Of course government is to blame for allowing modern day slavery. Nigerian governments themselves even owe salaries.
A responsible government should prosecute and jail company executives that owe salaries.

1 Like

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2018
pocohantas:

I am also very familiar with that, it is Anambra people that do that I believe. But that's not the topic.

I hear you pocahantus

1 Like

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2018
At least he is now a former boss, I hope he is not brave enough to take formal action against his ex-employees....
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by SniperSmurf(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2018
Any Boss who is dumb enough not to pay his worker for six months yet give them millions to help him send to pay his kids fees is asking for trouble o!

1 Like

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by Didcot: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2018
I don't understand some folks.....
As an employer, I cant sleep at night knowing salaries are not or have not been paid as at and when due.
I once went close to three months without paying myself to ensure that I paid my employees.
I am proud to say that I have never owed salaries in about 3 years of being an employer!

6 Likes

Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by seguno2: 8:41am On Jul 06, 2018
bigerboy200:
Lies lies these days just to trend..

This is not a bad lie to tell jare.
At least, it will inspire Osun, Ekiti, Imo, Lagos and all other states where useless governors and LGA Chairmen are owing salaries, deductions and pensions for several months and years on the way forward.
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by seguno2: 8:44am On Jul 06, 2018
poseidon12:
Of course government is to blame for allowing modern day slavery. Nigerian governments themselves even owe salaries.
A responsible government should prosecute and jail company executives that owe salaries.

The people need to take possession of their government instead of allowing themselves to be played like ludo.
Imagine owing salaries, deductions and pensions for several months and years as the people suffer embarassed
Re: See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary by McBrooklyn(m): 9:11am On Jul 06, 2018
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Successful Under-40 Entrepreneurs In Nigeria / 9 Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria / My Brother's Company Takes Him To Court Because He Resigned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.