Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why We Need Friendship With Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Need Friendship With Jesus Christ (194 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need Friendship With Jesus Christ by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
Countless time, I have heard at street corners, street sides, buses, etc. People urging others to accept Jesus as their Lord and personal savior. Or to make Lord Jesus, their Lord and Personal Savior, etc.

Searching the scriptures, I found out the following.

Indeed, We all need the help of Lord Jesus Christ. Especially those of us, who have realize. They can not fulfill the demands and/or requirements of the Law of God. Those who have realise that. If justification is only by the LAWS of Moses. They are of all humans, most miserable. Those who have realized, they need righteousness to be able to approach the throne of God. Yet on their own, they can not obtain it. Therefore the need for them to accept the better option. Leveraging on Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins and gift of righteousness ( Rom. 5:17; Acts 13:38-39; 2:38-39).

To have confidence, to approach the judgement throne of Lord Jesus Christ. Come the day of Judgement as we can see in Matt. 25:31-41. The scriptures like 1 Jn 4:17 demand, we should be like Lord Jesus. Looking at his person. A good man, a righteous person. One who no iniquity was found in Him. One who reject glories of the world. To remain loyal to God. One who being like God, to not equate to Himself being equal with God. We surely need help.

I mean to say. Comparing His characteristics and ours, on our natural state. We surely need help.

Why do I say this. Examining ourselves closely, we will realise that. Atleast, 1 of these characters-ADULTERY, FORNICATION, UNCLEANESS, LASCIVIOUSNESS, IDOLATRY, WITCHCRAFT, HATRED, VARIANCE, EMULATIONS,WRATH, STRIFE, SEDITIONS, HERESIES, ENVYINGS, MURDERS, DRUNKNESS, REVEALINGS, etc define us. 1 of the above mentioned characters is who we are. Is our identity. Reconcilling this our nature and the truth, that God has warn us through His, word. That with these characters. We'll miss heaven. Which suggest to me. We need a new nature. We need a transformation. We need the help of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38-39; Jn 3:1-21).

In conclusion. We need faith and communion with Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins and for the Holy Spirit. Matt. 3:11

Culled from www.brochinwendu..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Bringing Out The Leader In You (5) - Matthew 26:36-39 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / The Labourers Are Few!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.