Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? (11099 Views)

Poll: Vote for the better footballer:

Lukman Haruna: 46% (68 votes)
Mikel Obi: 53% (79 votes)
This poll has ended

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Paul Pogba Vs Mikel & Onazi / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2010
^^ How good did Mikel perform against a much inferior Zambia and Egypt
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Gbawe: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2010
chidichris:

some kind of quietness in da house. can somebody explain this pls.

Were you expecting the greatest debut in the history of the World cup from Haruna just because some of us rate him as potentially better than Mikel as a creative/attacking outlet? Haruna can and will improve in my opinion. I am not , unlike most folks , basing my opinion of Haruna on one or two games. I watched him at Monaco extensively and noted that he is better offensively than Mikel . Simple. That does not mean they must compete with each other. It simply means it would make sense for Mikel to be deployed for Nigeria similarly to how he is used for Chelsea . I don't get the obssession of several SE coaches to keep playing Mikel in a creative/offensive role when it would make more sense to try and support the emergence of a dedicated attack minded midfielder in the middle of the park.

Regardless of yesterdays game ,Nigeria should keep faith with Haruna . That Haruna was not spectacular against Argentina does not mean he is not a good player same as how he will not suddenly become Pele if he destroys Greece in the next game . He will get better but any savvy coach should keep faith with developing Haruna as an attacking outlet/lynchpin because he has the attributes to be more successful for Nigeria than Mikel in such a role .

Mikel should always play for the SE when fit but never as our main creative outlet . Haruna should be groomed for that role as he is far better offensively than Mikel IMO.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dyabman(m): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2010
That Haruna can't play in Chelsea , that style of play will land him a RFB in Man utd , or Arsenal to bench sagna grin, he can win balls but not a good midfielder to me. . . cool Hell no! hes not Makalele oooooooo . . tongue grin
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2010
Were you expecting the greatest debut in the history of the World cup from Haruna just because some of us rate him as potentially better than Mikel as a creative/attacking outlet? Haruna can and will improve in my opinion. I am not , unlike most folks , basing my opinion of Haruna on one or two games. I watched him at Monaco extensively and noted that he is better offensively than Mikel . Simple. That does not mean they must compete with each other. It simply means it would make sense for Mikel to be deployed for Nigeria similarly to how he is used for Chelsea . I don't get the obssession of several SE coaches to keep playing Mikel in a creative/offensive role when it would make more sense to try and support the emergence of a dedicated attack minded midfielder in the middle of the park.

Regardless of yesterdays game ,Nigeria should keep faith with Haruna . That Haruna was not spectacular against Argentina does not mean he is not a good player same as how he will not suddenly become Pele if he destroys Greece in the next game . He will get better but any savvy coach should keep faith with developing Haruna as an attacking outlet/lynchpin because he has the attributes to be more successful for Nigeria than Mikel in such a role .

Mikel should always play for the SE when fit but never as our main creative outlet . Haruna should be groomed for that role as he is far better offensively than Mikel IMO.

@gbawe,
now the tone is different. i love not only haruna but everyother player that has tried to that level and is still trying.
to be in a club like chelsea for 4 seasons can never be by mistake.
he is not used to big stages and we saw that affect him at the begining of the game yesterday.
because most of us here are ill-informed on soccer, that can play haruna in the place of mikel but great coaches like grant, mourinho, ancelloti, hiddink and scolari or even ferguson will not think so.
so u know who is in a better position to say who the better player is.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by naso2(m): 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ How good did Mikel perform against a much inferior Zambia and Egypt

Against Egypt Amodu felt mikel wasnt doing enough, he took him out and the game crumbled hopelessly,abi you not watch the match? against Zambia he was about our most impressive player, After Apams red card he carried much of the teams burden. abeg watch that match again.

Against Benin he was voted MOTM, against Ghana, he set about 3 one-on-one pass for the attackers. So what are we talking about? Yes he is not a replacement for okocha, afterall okocha did not replace anyone. Lets give mikel the credit he deserves abeg.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by mamagee3(f): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
Mikel Obi is way better, I don't think this is a comparison.

Lukman Haruna better known as Haruna is the worst player ever.

He missed a corner kick and then few seconds later received a yellow card. grin

He's got no skills.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dipo2much(m): 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Mikel Obi is way better, I don't think this is a comparison.

Lukman Haruna better known as Haruna is the worst player ever.

He missed a corner kick and then few seconds later received a yellow card. grin

He's got no skills.

He's got skills,and even better than Mikel Obi. What wrong with getting a yellow card? Mikel gets reds
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2010
Mikel has played 3 nations cup how did he perform against th top African teams we met in those tournaments

Mind you all these teams combined are still inferior to Argentina
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by davidif: 6:40am On Jun 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Mikel has played 3 nations cup how did he perform against th top African teams we met in those tournaments

Mind you all these teams combined are still inferior to Argentina

Yes, its because he didn't have a coach who knew how to properly utilize him effectively. If you are a coach, you should know the strengths and weaknesses of your players and create the best possible enviroment or situation for them to succeed. Also, in case you didn't know, football is not all about dribbling 10 players and scoring goals, its the things that you do that the ordinary fans don't see that counts like running off the ball, positioning, pin point passing, holding on to possession of the ball and generally reading the game very well
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Jun 14, 2010
^^^

Simple things like side passes and back passes right?
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 7:30am On Jun 14, 2010

Simple things like side passes and back passes right?

@dayokanu,
assuming we all accept ur position that haruna is better than mikel, I HOPE YOU ACCEPT THE FACT THAT MIKEL IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING, ANYBODY YOUR LINEAGE CAN PRODUCE BOTH NOW AND IN GENERATIONS TO COME?
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by teskyg: 8:29am On Jun 14, 2010
It is a fool that will compare Haruna to Mikel.Mikel has consistently played under four world class coaches in a club like Chelsea.There is no Nigeria that has achieve that feat.He shouldn't be paying if he is not good.A prophet ia never appreciated in his town.He was honest to tell Nigeria that he is not fit for the world cup.No Nigeria player has ever done that.We should applaud him instead of calling him names.Hate it or like,he is the best player in Nigeria.We saw the missing gap against Argentina, (Mikel), Lets wait and see as the world cup progress.Haruna is still a baby.Please,don't compare.The difference is clear.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by tosinaded(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2010
Mikel is a superstar. . . . . . .
Guy has grown into a complete defensive midfielder. . . .

his passes are on point, his long passes are crazy, his vision is mad, his ball winning ability is world class. . .

person dey play for chelsea, dey hold down first team shirt under like 5 different coaches, una think say na beans?
u av to consider the role he plays in chelsea and the pattern of the club. . . . .

u av a lampard whose job is to playmake and score. . . all others are either on the wings or behind him!

we just like to dey deceive ourselves for naija. . . . because okocha went, mikel must fill his shoes or he is useless!
mikel of 2005 was finding his niche in soccer. . . . . he moved to chelsea and carved his niche in the DM, but our coaches are so dumb and St.upid that they fail to see that the mikel of now is a DM and notthe mikel of 2005!

Nigerians also foolishly tend to crucify the guy, not considering the fact that he is being played out of position for nigeria. . . . u cant make him play like a 10 wen he is not. He is a Dm. . . . . .

Our coaches are just not good enuf to get a formation that dsnt need a 10 in it. . . . . why do u think siasia dropped him from the olympics? his formation wasnt going to need a playmaker in the first place, wut he used were wingers and two holding midfielders in Kaita and Ajilore! He could afford to leave out Mikel, cos he was just another Dm. . .

we should learn to reason abeg. . . . . . .

if lukman continues like this, he would be a complete midefielder, cos he can play both as a 10 and a 4 . . . . . . .
but i forsee him pickn one of the two, depending on the club he plays for. . .
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by iyaegin: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2010
after watching the match with Argentina its more than clearer that lukman and mikel are in no way the same class, he was practically inexistenet on the pitch only Etuhu and kaita performed in our midfield even though they were still highly messimerized, i advise lagerback to find someelse to replace lukman and i strongly believe he would not start against greece, he just overhyped because he performed well during our friendlies and when he got to the big stage his incompetence showed up, am pretty sure a mikel 's presence would have been felt much more that lukman's inexistence
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by tosinaded(m): 11:38am On Jun 14, 2010
after watching the match with Argentina its more than clearer that lukman and mikel are in no way the same class, he was practically inexistenet on the pitch only Etuhu and kaita performed in our midfield even though they were still highly messimerized, i advise lagerback to find someelse to replace lukman and i strongly believe he would not start against greece, he just overhyped because he performed well during our friendlies and when he got to the big stage his incompetence showed up, am pretty sure a mikel 's presence would have been felt much more that lukman's inexistence

any1 who has watched lukman from u17 to u20 till now . . . wnt post the rubbish u just posted
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by candylips(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2010
indeeed
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by mamagee3(f): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2010
dipo2much:

He's got skills,and even better than Mikel Obi. What wrong with getting a yellow card? Mikel gets reds
What skill? He couldn't even kicjk a corner kick right. . .

Getting a yellow card repeatedly in a match doesn't mean he's a good player. . .

The only player who played well was Taiye Taiwo only, others sucked.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2010
Hi mamagee
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Ifebazz(m): 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2010
they're worlds apart. only chelsea fans would want to copare ém. Mikel is a backwark ever player while Lukman is a forward ever player. the rest is history.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by sevo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2010
Our problem in this country is dat we are never sincere with our selves.if u look clearly u will knw dat Mikel"s absence was really felt.for once lets all be sincere with our selves.all dis rubbish of backward pass/sidepass. if not for mikel's brilliant pass to martins, we wouldn't have been in dis world cup. so many anti mikel mumu don forget dat 1.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2010
^^ if not for Mikels absence we would not have played the Olympics finals
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by MeGaStReEt: 2:51am On Jun 17, 2010
*dundee united*
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2010
haruna is the best player but i still pray that he will improve to the extent that he will be a brand to be in demand by the premier league, la liga and seria a sides
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by SeanLewis(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2010
This thread is so making me laugh myself out. C'mon fellas its too early to start making comparison and contrastion about mikel and haruna. Mikel is already an improved player and he's already in limelight while Haruna is still yet to improve and not yet improve. Please i dont see the long tense in all these bragging and dragging
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by SeanLewis(m): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2010
grin this thread is so making me laugh my self out die. C'mon fellas its too early to start making a comparison and contrastion about mikel and haruna. Mikel and haruna are both promising . No big deal abeg.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2010
where are the idiots in the house?
some have eyes, they cannot see, some have mouth, they cannot talk while 12large, kgdavid and their likes have brains but they can hardly think.
why not continue with ur useless and baseless arguements.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by candylips(m): 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2010
lukman is a waste pipe angry
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by davidif: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=18pt]WHAT A DUMB ARGUEMENT. LUKMAN KO, LUKWOMAN NI. JOHN OBI MIKEL IS PURE CLASS.[/size]

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by Dede1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
The person who thought about the silly comparison of the players needs to be shot. The dude spotting jersey #15 for Nigeria could hardly stand on his feet not to talk about kicking the ball. Haruna Lukman’s inclusion in the team explains the depth of stupidity of country called Nigeria.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by chidichris(m): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
The person who thought about the silly comparison of the players needs to be shot. The dude spotting jersey #15 for Nigeria could hardly stand on his feet not to talk about kicking the ball. Haruna Lukman’s inclusion in the team explains the depth of stupidity of country called Nigeria.

@Dede1,
with the absence of mikel in the world cup coupled with the game of today, haruna has proved his worth.
the guy is not even big enough to stand the fans.

the problem with nigerians is that we blame nff not thinking about such useless ppl like 12large and kgdavid. if ppl like the two mention here are made members of the nff tomorrow, they will definitely put these out of order brains of their in work.
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by 12large: 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
abeg lukman is still better than obi mikel, but he has to play attacking midfield and not central midfield. whats the point of playing keita on the right when you can just play him in the middle and protect the back 4
Re: Lukman Haruna Vs Mikel Obi, Who Is Better? by mamagee3(f): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2010
Mikel Obi is way better!

Haruna is such a cow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / ::Nigerian Players Abroad: Lets Discuss Their Affairs Here:: / Nigerian Team Departs To Participate In Special Olympic Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.