Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 (27523 Views)

7-Man Gang Raped 13-Year-Old Girl In Port Harcourt – Victim’s Sister / Man Who Raped 13-Year-Old Girl In Niger: I Didn’t Want To Miss The Opportunity / 12-Year-Old Girl Raped And Infected In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Wapnetrealmcom: 1:22am On Jul 06, 2018
Man who raped 13-year-old girl and infected her with HIV , allegedly bribes his way out of jail with N200,000

Yakubu Mohammed, 51, who raped a 13-year-old girl and infected her with HIV in Jigawa State allegedly bribed his way out of jail with N200,000

The father of the victim, Abdullahi Ahmad (pictured above) who reported the development to PREMIUM TIMES and an independent radio station in the state, said he was shocked when he came across the man on the street.

Ahmad said he had been told the alleged rapist had been convicted and jailed by the Jigawa State Government. However, an official later told PREMIUM TIMES the accused was only released on bail.

Ahmad said his daughter (name withheld) was raped by Mohammed while on her way to school. She was later diagnosed to be HIV/AIDS positive, the State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development confirmed to Premium Times.

“I was shocked and nearly fell down unconscious when I saw Yakubu on the road walking,” Mr Ahmad told PREMIUM TIMES. I later learned that he told his sympathisers he is now free, everything is okay now. This makes me to rush to the media to come to my rescue. The last time I saw him was the day I took him to the police station, I didn’t know how he was prosecuted, I was told he was convicted, only for me to see him walking freely.”

Mr Ahmad appealed to the authorities to intervene.

“My daughter is now HIV/AIDS positive and stigmatised. I force her to school but she shuns school because her friends snub her.”

Ladi Dansure, the state Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, however, vowed the suspected rapist will not go unpunished.

“I heard that he bribed his way out of jail by giving out N200,000. Whoever collected the money must face the wrath of the law,” Mrs Dansure said.

Explaining the circumstances under which the alleged rapist regained freedom, Auwalu Balago, spokesperson of the Jigawa State High Court, said he was only released on bail.

He said a magistrate, Sa’adan Habib, who granted the accused person bail followed the laid down procedure and relied on section 36 of the 1999 Constitution, which presumes an accused innocent until the contrary is proved.

He said the judge also relied on section 341, subsection 2, A, B, C of the Criminal Procedure Code (CPC).

“The trial of the suspected rapist is ongoing. The public perception that the he was convicted and later set free is not true. He was released on bail. The case being high profile does not mean that the accused person cannot be granted bail, bail is a constitutional rights. If eventually, he is found guilty, he will be sentenced to jail accordingly” said Mr Balago.

Mr Balago was asked why the trial was conducted without the knowledge of the victim’s parents.

“Under criminal case, it it is not necessary that the parents of the raped victim must be notified before prosecution. This is because of the gravity of the offence. The case is no longer between the parents of the raped victim and the accused person, but between the state government or the commissioner of police and the accused person.

“The parents of the raped victim are just complainants and their complaint stopped at the police station. They may be invited by the police to testify before the court, but it is not always necessary as in this case.
“What is important for the public to understand is that the trial is ongoing, it has been adjourned to July 10.”

https://premiumnews24.com/2018/07/man-who-raped-13-year-old-girl-and-infected-her-with-hiv-allegedly-bribes-his-way-out-of-jail-with-n200000/

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 06, 2018
This is Nigeria !!

20 Likes

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:18am On Jul 06, 2018
The last time I saw him was the day I took him to the police station, I didn’t know how he was prosecuted, I was told he was convicted, only for me to see him walking freely.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Ahmed0336(m): 2:46am On Jul 06, 2018
Parents be careful who your kids are close to.
Wickedness at it's peak angry
post=69122607:
The last time I saw him was the day I took him to the police station, I didn’t know how he was prosecuted, I was told he was convicted, only for me to see him walking freely.”

Naija police can be a pain in the ass undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:50am On Jul 06, 2018
Ahmed0336:
Parents be careful who your kids are closed to.
Wickedness at it's peak angry

Naija police can be a pain in the ass undecided
You can say that again man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Abdul3391(m): 3:05am On Jul 06, 2018
sometimes I just wonder in awe the type of mind some people have

1 Like

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by LordsApostle: 3:43am On Jul 06, 2018
This is the typical Nigerian behaviour, everybody so wicked and inhumane, always in search of things to water their pockets, and build big house in their village, at the expense of the next man, even if that will cost the next man grevious pain, it doesn't concern you as far as u are making money from it. It's devastating, do not think this is just limited to the police, it is an average Nigerian mentality, go to state ministries and see what happens there.. Same reason why many countries hate Nigerians and wouldn't want to see them close to their country, even neighbouring countries, because we take these stupid criminl traits outside and think it is tolerated in saner climes... We keep up parading and flaunting it in society brazingly, not seeing anything wrong with it, we call it "smartness" but in reality you are just being, selfish, criminal and wickedly heartless.. Yet, everyone is quick to point Buhari, we think Buhari is our problem, the problem is us, Nigerians are terrible people and No country on earth can ever advance with such terrible,wicked,greedy,coveteous group of people... Ironically, Na we go church pass; talk about hypocrisy and foolishness....

We are our own problem.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by DrMuzungu(m): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2018
They should use all N200k to buy petrol and a few tyres, in order to close the case. As for the moral of polithiefcians...

There was a man, highly positioned in the state government. he was lodging in the expensive 5-star hotel. One day, he started bringing young girls, shamelessly, to the restaurant even, to see and be seen. A married man, bringing underage girls, younger than even his own daughter. Not one bit of shame. Judging by the way he was acting with them, it was obvious that they are not related, and that they are not daughters of some of his friends or relatives.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 06, 2018
These are the kind of people that deserve to be shot in a close range.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by EweduAfonja(f): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2018
if we say men are useless u guyz will start crying Ocean

1 Like

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by kiddoiLL(m): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2018
Animals in human flesh.... wetin I dey even talk?? Animals better pass some human being, cus no animal fit treat him younger ones like rubbish

1 Like

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by wildcatter23(m): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2018
I thought Sharia law works in Jigawa state.

That man dicktributing HIV should be castrated and his chopped off private parts roasted and forced down his throat. Then he is free to really walk around the street

1 Like

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Primusinterpares(m): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2018
Bribery and corruption...

that goat of a man should face the law...

but..........

yet someone is claiming to be fighting this corruption...

I laugh in Swahili...hahahaha...

the system is corrupt... everyone thinks they can always pay their way through anything...

The first step to fighting corruption is to persecute all top government officials that are found guilty... that Should serve as deterrent to subordinates and the masses at large.
my2kobo
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by princeade86(m): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2018
police officers. hmmmmmm.
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Leetunechi: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2018
K
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2018
What's d 200k for exactly?

Will it wash away the virus?
Abeg put the man behind bars!
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by pathogen: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2018
you cant trust the po po to uphold the law here grin
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2018
cry
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by zagadon: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2018
IamFreedom:
This is Nigeria !!
Everybody be criminal.
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by LexngtonSteele: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2018
RAPE , RAPE , RAPE.

Women really suffer in this world especially Africans

This criminal deserves to be lynched. No mercy

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2018
What a shame to the Nigerian system.

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Arewa12: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2018
eleyi gidi gan oh
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by sinaj(f): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2018
Naija which way sef
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by room089: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2018
Evil!

When someone starts telling those abroad to stay put and never think of coming we would be cursing and raking!

Nothing works here!
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by zagadon: 11:12am On Jul 06, 2018
i don tire for dis kind country 9ja self,make dem kuku sell am share the money make everybody find his/her way.ah ah watin self?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by yahaya2014(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2018
That's bad....our security agencies are perpetually corrupt.
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Benblaq(m): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2018
NA DEM
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by flyca: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
What's d 200k for exactly?

Will it wash away the virus?
Abeg put the man behind bars!
Re: Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2018
What kind of news is this tori olorun sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Disguising As Woman And Defrauding Men / Suspected Herdsmen Kill OPC Member, Kidnap Farmer In Ondo / Hunter Kills Neighbour In Ondo, Claims He Was Testing His Gun (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.