Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange (57115 Views)

Family Takes In Ukrainian Refugee And Dad Runs Off With Her Just 10 Days Later / Cute Abiola: Navy Gives Reason For Refusing To Release Comedian After 10 Days / Lady Who Danced While Heavily Pregnant Shows Off Her Body 10 Days After Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Twitt13(f): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
grin
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wereys just full this world! Whew! Anyways, no too much fuss, thank God they didn't realize after 25yrs! Go and bring your baby home...return your other baby that would forever be your baby anyways. Na God give you twins o grin grin

Ten days is plenty of time to bond irrevocably with a baby.
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by JuanDeDios: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
dominique:
How do these things happen? Don't hospitals put tags on babies as soon as they're born?

Another Twitter super story
Strange but it does happen. There are documented cases from around the world. In Brazil, a millionaire read in the papers the heartbreaking story of two couples who had to swap grown-up kids and offered to buy two neighbouring houses for them so the two families could live near each other.

I've also heard stories of corpses being swapped at the morgue.

1 Like

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by LexngtonSteele: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Your own no dey pass toto and deek.

Your own no dey pass make you follow me. If i eventually wait for you...you go hear am ooo angry

1 Like

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by delishpot: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
What if it was a boy and it has been circumcised on the 7th day?
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Ishilove: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
chronique:
God knows I'm definitely staying in the labour room with my wife when she wants to deliver.
Softie, you get the mind? smiley
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Emmymarvel(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
dominique:
How do these things happen? Don't hospitals put tags on babies as soon as they're born?

ds errors do happen.....I have read different stories like ds on dailymail.com . one happen in Italy, and they got to know after 24years. the other in the UK, AND THEY GOT TO KMOW AFTER 72 YEARS

1 Like

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Mysine: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
Similar story about one morgue that gave corpse to wrong owners and after 3 days of burial. The grave was dug and corpse brought out again.. .. The matter no be small one oo.

OP, "wrong owners" did not open casket before burial?
it's like the goats in your village are bigger than elephants! grin grin grin

Softly softly abeg. shocked shocked
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by femmy2010(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
Imagine 20years done the line and the young child keep doing shit and the dad do a DNA test and alas he is not the father .what would happen to the mom ?
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Feezah01(f): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
they should kuku sue the hospital
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by eyinjuege: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
This one pass be careful o...

Before any story, they need to do dna tests on those children.
It's not enough to say they took home the wrong child

1 Like

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
dominique:

Do hospitals really put tags on babies?
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
Colourich:
Do hospitals really put tags on babies?
Exactly what I intended to ask.
Do Nigerian hospitals put identification tags on newborns and their mothers?

Cc- Dominique
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by pannyman(m): 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
jom4real007:
Twitter and lies be like 5 & 6

Yeah, seems fake to me. Just meant to attract responses.
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by chronique(m): 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Softie, you get the mind? smiley

I get mind for that one o. I calm and gentle no mean say I nor get liver.
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Nnamaka1: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
What of if one family had already applied tribal marks on the face of one of the kids? What will now happen?
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Ishilove: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
LexngtonSteele:

Your own no dey pass make you follow me. If i eventually wait for you...you go hear am ooo angry
I hear you

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by rubyradiance(f): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
dominique:

Ask me oooo, but it's shocking and wondering how many people might have been victim of this at anytime past breaks my heart, imagine taking your swapped child for DNA after 25 years,,na wa oo
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by PropertyDeals(f): 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
This is funny!

You can check my signature below.
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Mysine: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nnamaka1:
What of if one family had already applied tribal marks on the face of one of the kids? What will now happen?

HAaaaa!
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
That's how hospital mistake for ruin that woman's peaceful marriage... Thank God sha

2 Likes

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by oluwasegun007(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
After dem don spend money untop naming ceremony aso ebi...

Na for all dis government e fit happen..

Imagine phone call...

Assuming he paid better money for private medical director go visit the house with apology letter...
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Mpamaegbu: 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
I guess this happened in Nigeria where people leave such matters in the hand of God and don't sue for negligence.

2 Likes

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by sodique20(m): 10:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
will they swap there name too?
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by mycutiepie(f): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2018
shocked grin
I know right
chrisxxx:
U can imagine if the pikin had gone into dad's home and baby gone to papa's house. This exchange go vex the pikin now oooooo. You can imagine finding oneself in ac cooled home and later to a face-me-I-face-you yard.
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by skales67(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2018
cncity:
No good news again. Chai!!!!

If Photoshop were to be WAEC, you have a BIG F9! undecided
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by mycutiepie(f): 8:14am On Jul 07, 2018
No they don't. Except they start tomorrow.
Loisemm:

Cc- Dominique

1 Like

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by dominique(f): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2018
Loisemm:

Cc- Dominque

Very large hospitals do like island maternity hospital where over a hundred babies are delivered daily (according to my MIL). The hospital I had my children tagged my son as they delivered a number of babies at the time (public hospitals were on strike). I had my daughter in same hospital but she wasn't given wrist tag, possibly because she was the only baby born there that weekend. It costs way less to get babies tagged than swapping them with wrong families

1 Like

Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by Eketem: 11:15am On Jul 07, 2018
dominique:

Very large hospitals do like island maternity hospital where over a hundred babies are delivered daily (according to my MIL). The hospital I had my children tagged my son as they delivered a number of babies at the time (public hospitals were on strike). I had my daughter in same hospital but she wasn't given wrist tag, possibly because she was the only baby born there that weekend. It costs way less to get babies tagged than swapping them with wrong families

Unlike hospitals abroad babies stay with their mothers when born here not in a nursery so when and how will they get switched?
Re: Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange by bukatyne(f): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
Imagine if the man did a DNA test before the hospital contacted them?

During DNA testing, they should also do maternity tests so a case of swapped babies isn't treated as infidelity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moment Terrified Mum Saw Her Jobless 17yr Old Son's N50m Mercedes Benz -pics/vid / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age / I Have Arrested My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.