Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,189 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Please Help: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3weeks And Lost All - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3weeks And Lost All (563 Views)

I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3weeks And Lost All by nathanjohn2808: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
The past few weeks have been very busy for me, I have gotten invitations all over for various recruitment tests and Interviews. I scaled all down to the last stage but the final interview always doesn't favour me. There was this one I had even done medicals for and still got a reject after the final interview.
These are things I know about my job application.
My CV is definitely top notch because I get many invites.
I'm intelligent because I pass almost all recruitment test.
I sell myself also because I pass the HR almost always.
Just the final interviews hold me back.
Please what could be the problem?
Re: Please Help: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3weeks And Lost All by nenergy(m): 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
The past few weeks have been very busy for me, I have gotten invitations all over for various recruitment tests and Interviews. I scaled all down to the last stage but the final interview always doesn't favour me. There was this one I had even done medicals for and still got a reject after the final interview.
These are things I know about my job application.
My CV is definitely top notch because I get many invites.
I'm intelligent because I pass almost all recruitment test.
I sell myself also because I pass the HR almost always.
Just the final interviews hold me back.
Please what could be the problem?

The problem might not be from you. I am tired of applicants always blaming themselves. Truth is some of these companies have non-existent to shitty HR policies. Some do bogus recruitments to cover nepotistic hires and make recruitment choices based the most flimsy and trivial criteria.
Address, age of your immmediate boss-to-be, school you graduated from etc

HR departments are run by humans and humans make mistakes. I have heard stories where the wrong candidate was given the job because HR manager circled the wrong name. Wrong guy had resigned from his job and started training before error was realized...too late.

Let me use Workforce Gbagada as an example. I interviews for a banking role, submitted guarantor forms, past pay slips and court affidavit, all that remained was an offer letter. Then I heard nothing till date. Sent mails and called, yet nothing. This was 3 years. Hilariously, i got called twice to know if i was still under their employment. Just imagine, i wasn't officially given the job but my name was in their database as an employee. How do you explain that? grin

Best practice demands you give an applicant closure. A simple regret email will have sufficed but no...not workforce.

U-Connect nko? In 2014, I interviewed for Corporate Relationship Representative role for iPNx has they were expanding then. 4 of us from various telecoms firms were selected after briefing and were told to expect further information. Till today, nothing. I send mails and called...still nothing.

From the top of my head, here are a few reasons i can think of.

1. You are overqualified
2. Your boss-to-be is younger
3. Health reasons, get a comprehensive blood test
4. They can't meet your salary expectations or you currently earn more than they intend to pay.
4. You are a victim of bogus recruitment to cover nepotism

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Of Science & Technology Recruitment Details / Latest Tech Job Vacancies All Around Nigeria, July 20, 2018 / Jobs and Fellowship for Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.