Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes (3539 Views)

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter / Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Storypot: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
I applied for a farm job through my street dude, he informed me there was an opening at the place where he worked and the pay was a little above current minimum wage. A week.later I was talking on the phone with the manager who had rang me up that morning and then made arrangements to see him the next day. Next day, I met with him and after a bit back and forth with conversations, he gave me the job and asked if I could start immediately as they were short staffed a bit and needed hands. I started the job immediately and the man handed me over to one of the other boys and that one introduced me to other guys who worked there and took me to a section of the farm where I was going to be working. My job was to always collect all the was laid by the chicks. It was a very big space and I'd say they'd have close to 600 chickens in this particular section. So i,d step in there with the chickens and manually pick and crate the eggs. As the Dude was explaining things to me etc the boss came around with his inspection calls and they asked me to demonstrate what the Dude had explained to me.. they wanted to see if I understood. I stepped into the cage/ barn whatever the name was and then the chickens started making their helish intruder noises and then one of them charged at me.. I didnt know if it charged at me or it was merely running my way.. I kicked that chicken absentmindendly and it sent it flying all the way accross the terrace and when it finally came to a halt, it was limp. Omo the owner wan craze. He almost got me arrested. Kicking the chicken, I forgot I was at work.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Wodu89: 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2023
Lessons learnt ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by yarimo(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
Op

21 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by RoadMozart(m): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
Comrade

19 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Storypot: 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2023
Wodu89:
Lessons learnt ?

Yes, the problem was, I have never seen so many chicks clustered in one place in my life, it was anxiety..i felt like the whole space was closing in on me and this chickens..i mean I felt like if I went any further, one of them would swallow me. They were that big! So next time if they charged at me we would box instead of that Cristiano Ronald type chicken shot!!!

11 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Oloki: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
grin grin you must be aje butter. So you got scare that the chicken might render you impotent or disable... grin grin grin fighting for dear life...

Next time, cool down and don't allow your emotions to have upper hand.

4 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Zonefree(m): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
I kicked that chicken absentmindendly and it sent it flying all the way accross the terrace and when it finally came to a halt, it was limp

grin cheesy grin

12 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by stylishwears: 6:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
This is so funny...op u a good writer
I wish u could write a marketing pitch for me

13 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Nemesis0147(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
Oloki:
grin grin you must be aje butter. So you got scare that the chicken might render you impotent or disable... grin grin grin fighting for dear life...

Next time, cool down and don't allow your emotions to have upper hand.
na be by ajebu oh
I dy fear mother hens with chicks pass anything 😂

4 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Oloki: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
Nemesis0147:
na be by ajebu oh
I dy fear mother hens with chicks pass anything 😂

Then you shouldn't have taken the job in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by OJODEL10(m): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
Funny though you got listen next time and try to endure to impress your boss

1 Like

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Nemesis0147(m): 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
Oloki:

Then you shouldn't have taken the job in the first place.
I’m not the OP

2 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by DenreleDave(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
Storypot:
I applied for a farm job through my street dude, he informed me there was an opening at the place where he worked and the pay was a little above current minimum wage. A week.later I was talking on the phone with the manager who had rang me up that morning and then made arrangements to see him the next day. Next day, I met with him and after a bit back and forth with conversations, he gave me the job and asked if I could start immediately as they were short staffed a bit and needed hands. I started the job immediately and the man handed me over to one of the other boys and that one introduced me to other guys who worked there and took me to a section of the farm where I was going to be working. My job was to always collect all the was laid by the chicks. It was a very big space and I'd say they'd have close to 600 chickens in this particular section. So i,d step in there with the chickens and manually pick and crate the eggs. As the Dude was explaining things to me etc the boss came around with his inspection calls and they asked me to demonstrate what the Dude had explained to me.. they wanted to see if I understood. I stepped into the cage/ barn whatever the name was and then the chickens started making their helish intruder noises and then one of them charged at me.. I didnt know if it charged at me or it was merely running my way.. I kicked that chicken absentmindendly and it sent it flying all the way accross the terrace and when it finally came to a halt, it was limp. Omo the owner wan craze. He almost got me arrested. Kicking the chicken, I forgot I was at work.

Bwahahhaaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Wodu89: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2023
Storypot:

Yes, the problem was, I have never seen so many chicks clustered in one place in my life, it was anxiety..i felt like the whole space was closing in on me and this chickens..i mean I felt like if I went any further, one of them would swallow me. They were that big! So next time if they charged at me we would box instead of that Cristiano Ronald type chicken shot!!!

It is an acceptable excuse. I hope you've now learnt the strategy of walking thru crowded chickens. There's a technique with which one must apply walking thru chickens. Otherwise, you'll ruin things. The experience was necessary though !

2 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by liamjakes247: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
sell this to some skit makers. You’re good with crafting words

7 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Wodu89: 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
liamjakes247:
sell this to some skit makers. You’re good with crafting words

The guy is a master at writing stories. I may employ him to write stories as.i intend starting a radio comedy series and need story writers

You should see his other thread for another story
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by AwokenVawulence: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hi
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by ogahshtu: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
This one na movie nah....

......let me write another script send to you

2 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by DesChyko: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2023
If you would also make up a reason the fowl charged at you, it would be because it thought you brought goodies 😁

7 Likes

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by wittywriter: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
stylishwears:
This is so funny...op u a good writer
I wish u could right a marketing pitch for me

Kindly offer the OP the job...

Wodu89:

The guy is a master at writing stories. I may employ him to write stories as.i intend starting a radio comedy series and need story writers

You should see his other thread for another story

Wittyness
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by aminusodiq(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
Front page Mynd44

Storypot:
I applied for a farm job through my
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by LikeAking: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
Storypot:

U no well…

Farming no be ya calling.

Forget am.

You are even lucky they kicked you out, you for just waste ya time there.
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by LikeAking: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
Storypot:

They are not charging at you…Who give chicken that kind mind?
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by blaquemyc: 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2023
You kicked their money maker?
Village people follow up on your mata die. Haa!!!

Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by vastolord4(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
This one na joke
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Freelancerr(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
cool
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
grin
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Rexymania(m): 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2023
😆😆😆😆 you be mumu I swear...."kick chicken"? For farm... LoL 😁
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by Tee99(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
grin wetin I just read
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by falcon01: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
Now this is funny
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by id4sho(m): 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2023
Storypot:

Wereyy, why u go kick poultry chicken cheesy
Re: I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes by orohbirodeysmel: 1:19am On Aug 19, 2023
You kicked the chicken and was kicked out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Firstbank Test / 100 Persons Will Be Hired By Nigerialog.com / Zintex Oil & Gas Limited Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.