Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) (52302 Views)

World Cup: France Battle Virus Outbreak Day To Final Against Argentina / Brazil Vs Belgium: Reactions Of Brazilians During & After The Match (Photos) / Brazil Vs Belgium: World Cup (1 - 2) On 6th July 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Unblockable: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2018
Two of Europe's heavyweights meet in Saint Petersburg as France and Belgium go head to head for a place in the World Cup final.

The 2018 World Cup will definitely be won by a European nation, with six sides from the same continent left in the tournament after Belgium beat Brazil 2-1 and France sailed past Uruguay 2-0 in the quarter-finals.

And with England and Croatia the strongest sides left on the other side of the draw, the victors of Saturday's semi-final between Red Devils and Les Bleus will be considered favourites to win the biggest prize in football.

Start time

France take on Belgium at Saint Petersburg on Tuesday, July 10, with kick-off scheduled for 7pm BST.France take on Belgium at Saint Petersburg on Tuesday, July 10, with kick-off scheduled for 7pm BST.

TV, online and live stream coverage

The match will either be televised live on BBC One or ITV One - with live streams available online via the BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub - with confirmation once both semi-finals are known.

ITV have first pick of the matches, so should England progress to the last four, Belgium vs France will likely be shown on ITV One.

You will be able to follow the match with Standard Sport's dedicated LIVE blog.

Head to head

France and Belgium have a long history, facing each other 73 times.

France have won 24 of those meetings, but Belgium have recorded 30 victories, with 19 draws between them.

Team news

Roberto Martinez will be tempted to stick with the same XI which beat Brazil 2-1, with Nacer Chadli and Maroune Fellaini starting against the Selecao.

As for France, Didier Deschamps will have plenty of options and may also stick after seeing Les Bleus easily beat Uruguay 2-0 with a solid defensive display.

Predicted line-ups

France XI:
Lloris, Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Lucas, Pogba, Kante, Mbappe, Griezmann, Tolisso, Giroud

Belgium XI: Courtois, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen, Meunier, Fellaini, Witsel, Chadli, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Eden Hazard

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/france-vs-belgium-world-cup-2018-prediction-tv-live-stream-online-betting-tips-odds-time-lineups-a3881741.html

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by SamgoldBaba: 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2018
It's gonna be hot..I'll watch it live & direct

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 07, 2018
France will win..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Unblockable: 4:40am On Jul 07, 2018
sisipelebe:
France will win..

Seems you're not tired of heartbreaks. You're in for another round of heartbreak. grin cheesy

Belgium to win the World Cup.

16 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2018
Unblockable:

Seems you're not tired of heartbreaks. You're in for another round of heartbreak. grin cheesy

Belgium to win the World Cup.
Simply because Belgium defeated Brazil last night, that does not depict they'll win. I see France lifting the trophy or better still let's place a wager?

8 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Unblockable: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2018
sisipelebe:
Simply because Belgium defeated Brazil last night, that does not depict they'll win. I see France lifting the trophy or better still let's place a wager?

If you think Belgium is a small team simply because they are playing against France, then you're wrong. They even have a better h2h record against France (though it doesn't matter). I don't see France eliminating this golden generation of Belgium. They're good. France hasn't been extraordinary in this world cup. They struggled to beat a weak Argentina and were only able to eliminate Uruguay due to a goalkeeper error plus Cavani's absence.

12 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 07, 2018
Unblockable:

If you think Belgium is a small team simply because they are playing against France, then you're wrong. They even have a better h2h record against France (though it doesn't matter). I don't see France eliminating this golden generation of Belgium. They're good. France hasn't been extraordinary in this world cup. They struggled to beat a weak Argentina and were only able to eliminate Uruguay due to a goalkeeper error plus Cavani's absence.
Guy forget head to head record, we're talking about the present here. I was even expecting Japan to flog them mercilessly, those ones just fkd up.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Unblockable: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2018
sisipelebe:
Guy forget head to head record, we're talking about the present here. I was even expecting Japan to flog them mercilessly, those ones just fkd up.

Thought you saw where I wrote "though it doesn't matter"? Even if you're talking about present form, Belgium is still better than France. It takes a strong team to win a match after being 2 - 0 down around 69mins. So what are you insinuating?

FYI, France won Australia with a scoreline of 2 - 1. Managed to secure a 1 - 0 win over Peru and drew Denmark. Even struggling to win Argentina. Lol

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by veekid(m): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
Confused mod
Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by LexngtonSteele: 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
France to beat Belgium...

Croatia to beat England.

BUT

i would have loved to see a Croatia vs Belgium World Cup Final. Relatively "small" teams winning the top prize.

5 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by bedspread: 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
Belgium to Beat France....

Belgium Vs England for the Final..

Belgium are not Smiling oooo

1 Like

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by spencekat(m): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
Belgium wins
Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by nzeobi(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2018
I support Belgium though but my fear is that they have a foreign coach and no country has ever won the world cup with a foreigner in charge.
will like a country that has never won it before like Belgium or Croatia to win it this time.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Flexherbal(m): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2018
I do not know who to give this game to!
Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by sagio09: 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2018
We (France) will chop dem raw undecided

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by MegaStarr(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2018
nzeobi:
I support Belgium though but my fear is that they have a foreign coach and no country has ever won the world cup with a foreigner in charge.
will like a country that has never won it before like Belgium or Croatia to win it this time.

There is a first time for everything.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by oooduancalmdown: 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2018
Belgium to win 3 to 1

3 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by manuel4real(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by marttol: 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
Mbappe should just score an hatrick

1 Like

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by marttol: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2018
Unblockable:

lol....Chelsea fan or else you wanna deny it
Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by marttol: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Belgium to win 3 to 1
lol
Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by flowjoe: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
*France is The Only African Team Left In the World Cup.*
France World Cup Players
1) Presnel Kimpembe - Congo
2) Samuel Umtiti - Cameroon
3) Paul Pogba- Guinea
4) Kylian Mbappé - Cameroon/Algeria
5) Ousmane Dembélé - Senegal/Mali
6) Corentin Tolisso - Togo
7) N'Golo Kanté - Mali
cool Blaise Matuidi - DR Congo, Angola
9) Steven Nzonzi - DR Congo
10) Steve Mandanda - DR Congo
11) Adil Rami - Morocco
12) Nabil Fekir - Algeria
13) Djibril Sidibé - Senegal
14) kylian adesanmi mbappe - nigeria
15) Benjamin Mendy - Senegal
France the only representatives of Africa we are solidly behind u

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Unblockable: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2018
marttol:
lol....Chelsea fan or else you wanna deny it

I won't deny that. But remember I also have Kante and Giroud in the French team.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Ebenco10: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2018
LexngtonSteele:
France to beat Belgium...

Croatia to beat England.

But i would have loved to see a Croatia vs Belgium World Cup Final. Relatively "small" teams winning the top prize.

You are even confused ,Buhari will hear this ��

1 Like

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by marttol: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
Unblockable:

I wont deny that. But remember I also have Kante and Giroud in the French team.
it's actually because of hazard that's why 90% of Chelsea fans are rooting for Belgium... But deep down you all know you will be disappointed, I pray France take their chances

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by MorataFC: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
bedspread:
Belgium to Beat France....

Belgium Vs England for the Final..
gbam

1 Like

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Ebenco10: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
nzeobi:

Should we now kill ram�‍♀️

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by LexngtonSteele: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
Ebenco10:

You are even confused ,Buhari will hear this ��

You are not too bright. Read it again.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: France Vs Belgium - 1 - 0 (Final) by Abeyjide: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
SamgoldBaba:
It's gonna be hot..I'll watch it live & direct

Russia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Coffin Arrives Bangkok For His Week-long Funeral / Throwback Photos Of Alexander Arnold, Osimhen And Pulisic At FIFA U-17 World Cup / Helicopter Crash: Leicester City Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha And 4 Others Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.